Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistaken deletion, or legitimate deletion? (Moderator vs. self-moderator)  (Read 381 times)
BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 06:32:58 PM

I don't want to make a big deal about it, because it doesn't really matter,
but I think maybe the moderator was mistaken about my post.

The post had been deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic,
so I quoted it and re-posted it in another related topic
(not a topic started by the same user who deleted my post).

Maybe the moderator thought I had re-posted it in the same topic where it had already been deleted.

Or maybe the moderator thought I was spamming,
which would be a legitimate reason (even though I would respectfully disagree).

But I just wanted to clarify;  is it necessarily against the rules to re-post a self-moderated deletion somewhere else?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

The January Burn has ended. 449,479 FIND coins have been burned and 112,369 new Digital Credits have been released into the world.

The burn address has only received 1 transaction from BTCPoolExchange, for 124,689 FIND.  But they still sent out the premined DGCS (mostly to you, intristin) in exchange for FindCoins that are still in your personal address. 

http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=FIND&address=FVCryptoLifeDotNetBurnAddrXXcBdXmn

Please note that their was some sort of attack on the FINDcoin block chain which appears to have forked it somehow. This is causing the block explorers to display incorrect information. We are looking into getting that all sorted out and will let you know if and when we do.   

The block explorer shows what is on the blockchain.  Everyone's wallets on the same network have to agree.

Therefore, it's not the block explorer that's displaying incorrect information.  You are the one displaying incorrect information.

You say there was an attack, but the double-spend happened exactly when you sent your FindCoins to the BTCPoolExchange, exchanged them for DigitalCredits, and then still kept the FindCoins in your own address.  Which means you could still send them to YoBit to sell them after you've already sold them at BTCPoolExchange.

That's why you're supposed to use Proof of Burn, so it's proven that the coins can never be sold again.  But that's not what you're doing. 

And now you're exchanging FlozCoin, a scam ICO that just launched December 20th.  Who launched it?  Did you launch it yourself, or did you plan it with the Floz dev just to burn it the next month after it launched?

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 07:47:10 PM

But I just wanted to clarify;  is it necessarily against the rules to re-post a self-moderated deletion somewhere else?

If there is legitimate reason, ie because only negative comments are being deleted during a scam, then yes a non-self-moderated sister thread would be appropriate.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 09:15:19 PM

I'm not sure but I might've deleted your post due to the fact that it was off-topic for the thread. If your post was deleted by a self-moderated thread OP, you are free to create a new thread with the deleted post and calling them out (if obviously none of that content breaks the forum's rules). However, when reposting such messages to other threads, you have to be rather careful for your complaint about another thread/user to actually fit into the topic being discussed.

BARR_Official (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:33:35 AM

I'm not sure but I might've deleted your post due to the fact that it was off-topic for the thread. If your post was deleted by a self-moderated thread OP, you are free to create a new thread with the deleted post and calling them out (if obviously none of that content breaks the forum's rules). However, when reposting such messages to other threads, you have to be rather careful for your complaint about another thread/user to actually fit into the topic being discussed.

Thanks for the response!

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: