Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are MtGox scammers?  (Read 2965 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:36:52 AM

Hello,

Please let me inform you that all domestic AUD withdrawals have now been processed.  The fee is 10 AUD/transaction.  Should you have any other queries, please contact us at the Support Desk.

get your act together is my advice and stop stuffing my friend around with your misguided verification deposit process and fake/questionable live chat support

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 09:34:57 AM

I've been mining bitcoins and then trading them on mtgox for while but slowly gave up on it. Finally last month I decided that since I wasn't doing anything with it, I would cash out, especially since xmas was approaching. I sold my coins and withdraw the cash to a bank account, having to do it twice over 2 days to avoid their daily limits.

Well, now it's a month later and still no sign of my money. I just get messages from them saying that my transfer is being processed and they'll keep my informed. Sorry, but a month is way too long to process a transfer so I can only assume they've just taken the money and stringing along bullshit. Can anyone else confirm that this is what they are now doing?

Hi

Can you provide me your Ticker Number that I can have a look at the situation and see what can be done?

are you required to verify before depositing funds ? has live chat ever worked / experienced down time ?

why would you give out your bank details to customers before making sure they would be accepted into their trading accounts ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 12:06:52 PM

with a possible 23 day wait to deposit $50 us dollars and handing over so much identification they virtually have your GPS co-ordinates

when they initially promise 3-5 business days and no verification

are they scammers or just scammers ?

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 07:48:10 AM

scammers hehe really they are do not trust this company one bit they use pre-written english scripts to try to fool you

they don't answer any of your questions directly because they do not know English

and they pretend to have live chat support when they do not have any at all!!!!!!!!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:22:50 AM

HUGE SCAMMER!

Kept my money hostage, wanted me to comply with KYC documents when no one on my legal firm knows who the fuck is Mark Karpeles and why does he need my documents for bitcoin trading.

But the real scam Mr MagicalTux pulls off in front of everybody is this.

MagicalTux has an account in mtgox, He sporadically adds balance to his account by going directly into tje Mysql database and adding the value.

He then generates a Mtgox code and CASHES the code Via AurumXchange or The Other Site.

He effectively pulls off the same exact scam The FED and Bernanke pulls on you and your savings.

Good news, he will soon be arrested.

Maria.

Things are not looking good for that Karpeles guy at all: http://rt.com/usa/bitcoin-exchange-seized-crackdown-begins-334

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:10:13 PM

they are almost definately scammers

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

they are almost definately scammers

Liars for sure, but a scammer is one that intentionally takes peoples money never intending to pay them back.

I think MT.Gox had most of their $$ deposits 2012 early 2013, price then gone up 20 fold. Holy shit! we can't possible pay them all back (law suits or not)! Better to lie and withhold payouts with lame excuses.

It would be preferable if MT.Gox had a substantial backer or large credit with a bank, But we don't really approve of  that do we?

I think that there is an understanding that Gox might withhold and stall $$ withdrawals it that case, but restricting Bitcoin withdrawals breaks the system, the only reason they might do that is if they have debt! If that's the case they would have spend the last month or earlier, liquidating their costumers BTC and that would be visible on other exchanges and they then would also be in trouble and we would have a massive crash by now.

So what the fuck is going on? I don't think Mark could pull this off alone. Finish this line of thought yourself, the Bitcoin elite is small!!!
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:34:41 PM

HUGE SCAMMER!

Kept my money hostage, wanted me to comply with KYC documents when no one on my legal firm knows who the fuck is Mark Karpeles and why does he need my documents for bitcoin trading.

But the real scam Mr MagicalTux pulls off in front of everybody is this.

MagicalTux has an account in mtgox, He sporadically adds balance to his account by going directly into tje Mysql database and adding the value.

He then generates a Mtgox code and CASHES the code Via AurumXchange or The Other Site.

He effectively pulls off the same exact scam The FED and Bernanke pulls on you and your savings.

Good news, he will soon be arrested.

Maria.

Can we verify this from the leaked database?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:12:18 PM

I don't think we can verify it, but have a look at this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=513100.0

The 3rd largest account by balance, which has exactly 19,985 BTC, has an 'Index' of 4, which might mean that this is a MtGox insider account.

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
kooke

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:21:35 AM

lol, this thread is actually the reason I stopped using mtgox Smiley

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:13:45 AM

lol, this thread is actually the reason I stopped using mtgox Smiley
I think, more than anything now that I'm looking back at "historical events" in BTC space, I'm going to consider closed-source implementations and closed accounting to be a flat-out black flag until regulation's in place which demands opening books, at least to government officials (though that'd still be a crappy-enough solution to be a red flag). Nobody should be allowed to take custodianship over anything of value of anyone else without open books; I'm convinced of that, now, and I won't use anything not complying with something so fundamental to the zero-trust concept irreversible currency demands.
clownius

Merit: 254

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:35:13 PM

Proof of this sort of thing would be gold and could actually prove fraud and possibly make peoples personal wealth fair game in bankruptcy proceedings.  Sadly we never seem to get proof just random posters with conspiracy theories.

kooke

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

I think, more than anything now that I'm looking back at "historical events" in BTC space, I'm going to consider closed-source implementations and closed accounting to be a flat-out black flag until regulation's in place which demands opening books, at least to government officials (though that'd still be a crappy-enough solution to be a red flag). Nobody should be allowed to take custodianship over anything of value of anyone else without open books; I'm convinced of that, now, and I won't use anything not complying with something so fundamental to the zero-trust concept irreversible currency demands.

You've hit the nail on the head with your post. There's no way to know how close these services are to imploding with their lack absence of transparency. I think trading on any of the exchanges right now is akin to walking alone on thin ice in the middle of nowhere.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: