Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:55:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 Million TRC Mined  (Read 1737 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

So TRC has finally passed the 1 Million Mined Mark!

Trading at exchange.zapto.org is as strong as ever. Much more then the depth of any other coin there. Here's hoping that TRC is ready for the pressure of another exchange! :-)

more or less retired.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BugSpirit

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:30:43 PM

So, market capitalization of TerraCoin is 1 000 000 (TRC) 8 0.01 (LTC\TRC) = 10 000 LTC or approximately 50 BTC.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 12:51:35 PM

Wonder who has the most TRC...

Substrata was talking of a couple of eastern european guys who had 50K each

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:20:36 PM

So, market capitalization of TerraCoin is 1 000 000 (TRC) 8 0.01 (LTC\TRC) = 10 000 LTC or approximately 50 BTC.

I want it all! heh heh heh.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:22:14 PM

99.2k > http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/address/1G5HA1R7S4DQTXJCCCKVL5q7aa6MwQR1HG
48.1k > http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/address/15UDAozWjXJmND3CFhsb9Wp94BVtUrsYz1

Those addresses belong to the same guy, who is buying most coins on exchange and possibly have even more coins in his pockets.

How do you figure the two are the same guy? In any case, I have a lot as I've been mining since the 2nd day, but only with 800mh or so (which does pretty well at low diff). Others I buy, but I'm not stingy- I'd like to use what I have to get the economy up and moving. No point sitting on all of it.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:43:01 PM

99.2k > http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/address/1G5HA1R7S4DQTXJCCCKVL5q7aa6MwQR1HG
48.1k > http://www.cryptocoinexplorer.com:3750/address/15UDAozWjXJmND3CFhsb9Wp94BVtUrsYz1

Those addresses belong to the same guy, who is buying most coins on exchange and possibly have even more coins in his pockets.

How do you figure the two are the same guy? In any case, I have a lot as I've been mining since the 2nd day, but only with 800mh or so (which does pretty well at low diff). Others I buy, but I'm not stingy- I'd like to use what I have to get the economy up and moving. No point sitting on all of it.

Check blockchain at times major buys occur at exchange, you will see coins bought will end on one of those 2 addresses, via one or more
temporal storage addresses. It is possible more than one guy own those addresses, but I belive that is not the case. It is highly unlikely two
persons will follow the same patterns at the same times.

It would be awesome if guys with 50k+ TRC are smart enough to realise "No point sitting on all of it" but they are not, at least those I know.

Well I'm sitting on a bunch, and still buying (it is cheap after all). Definitely not this much, but I'd love to work up to that. Smiley  But I realize sitting on it has no point. I'd hope those other guys with big chunks are reading the forums and feeling all productive.

more or less retired.
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:59:45 PM

Rabbit please sell out of TRC now the prices are decent and move to any of the other living alt-coins.

I know you've been pushing TRC pretty hard but personally this is the last coin I would choose. You cannot talk to the Terracoin developers or find out anything about them. This could be a pump-and-dump coin or a private coin that people have accidentally discovered. If I was to make a coin for a pump-and-dump I would do exactly as the TRC developers have done. It seems that we do not know enough about this coin to really put community support behind it, not when we have the likes of Litecoin, PPCoin and Freicoin.

Please feel free to correct me as I'd like to be reassured about TRC.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:02:29 PM

I thought there was talk of TRC being developed for the solving of the large blockchain storage size and slow download speed?? developed by BTC developers for testing and implementation purposes?? this i only going off memory what someone said on here i thought so i could be wrong?

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:05:37 PM

Rabbit please sell out of TRC now the prices are decent and move to any of the other living alt-coins.

I know you've been pushing TRC pretty hard but personally this is the last coin I would choose. You cannot talk to the Terracoin developers or find out anything about them. This could be a pump-and-dump coin or a private coin that people have accidentally discovered. If I was to make a coin for a pump-and-dump I would do exactly as the TRC developers have done. It seems that we do not know enough about this coin to really put community support behind it, not when we have the likes of Litecoin, PPCoin and Freicoin.

The developer/s do indeed write back- I've written them (under buybtc.cz) on the soureforge forum for Terracoin.org and they have answered me, only about 3-4 days ago.

If it were pump-and-dump, wouldn't you hear from them all the time? Wouldn't they be trumping the next big thing left and right? They aren't doing any pumping as far as I can see. They are just adding new features. Sure not every single day, but they have the transaction notifier in the dev version already- that's a pretty cool idea. After I wrote them about it they said they are working on signing for the transaction notification too.

People aren't asking them any questions (except me) so obviously they don't answer what isn't asked.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:07:24 PM

On top of that, it's open source. We don't really NEED the developers forever, do we? We just fork the Git Page and keep going from there. If you want to add a new feature, function- you're free to do so. You won't mess up the chain or (unless you do something drastic) cause a hard fork either.

It's based on bitcoin so can just keep applying the new Bitcoin patches to it as well.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:22:39 PM

edit: I updated my answer to be a bit more clear

Further more- I'm a bit cynical about the other, more popular and successful Alt Coins. While started with brilliant ideas and ambitions, in some senses (and this is just my feeling) they are squatted by greedy people with massive mining power but little intention other than to wait till someone else makes it valuable and then sell out.

To paraphrase what someone in another post somewhere said about bitcoin: When litecoin started, and was worth nothing, only the enthusiastic and good people were involved, now that it's worth money there are a lot more jerks. And I think it's true. Some people are mining some serious LTC but where are the big ticket Bounties? People giving away large chunks of LTC to people to develop services? Mostly people are hoarding, and I see why FRC came about. Hoarding starts up once people see value, and oddly enough because there already exists bitcoin, LTC seems to get a strange type of hoarder. People who think it will blast off like BTC without any of their own participation. A Cryptogeneration of armchair millionaires.

Besides that- It's a hobby. It's fun. Maybe I'll turn out to be an economics PhD student investigating how hard it is to generate a currency/economy from nothing.

I'm mining, buying and giving away TRC. If it's all for nothing so be it. This is my hobby.

The obvious question then is- why don't I do this with LTC or FRC or PPC, right? Well the answer is- I don't have enough of any of those coins. I can't really fund a LTC bounty anymore that is tempting enough for others to take. It's real money now and that makes me (a non-finance professional) reluctant. As TRC doesn't require major changes to get it working services, I am curious if the skeleton of a currency  economy  can be built before the coin has value. It's like rebuilding BTC.

I disklike FRC's demurrage, it discourages both hoarding and people like me. PPC bothers me because mining doesn't feel fair (too many coins as reward at the start, too many coins in general- I really believe in the bias against lots of zeros and millions of coins feels like monopoly money).

TRC feels just about right for me. No fundamental code differences that might threaten the integrity of BTC, and it IS BTC. It's faster. Which in my experience traveling and talking to normal smart people about BTC makes a big difference.

So, that's about that I guess. I hope that sort of opens up my thinking process. Smiley

more or less retired.
bushstar

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:21:34 PM

If it were pump-and-dump, wouldn't you hear from them all the time? Wouldn't they be trumping the next big thing left and right?

Maybe they are, maybe you are the developer. But seriously it is good to hear that the developers can be contacted. I tried looking for contact details myself but never found any.

I understand what you are saying but these are arguments that I have heard from lots of people in the past from people that stood by coins that are now dead. Some people move from being supporters of a coin to becoming cult members of a coin. You've got to keep and eye on yourself to make sure you're not crazy Rabbit.

Mining for fun sounds like a good enough reason to mine, that's the reason I mine and jump on to the back of every alt-coin that pops up.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:28:01 PM

LOL this is so stupid. Yay! TRC!....trade for BTC...profit! lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bushstar

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:38:53 PM

So do tell Smoothie, why is that ignore link under your name highlighted when no one else's is?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:04:36 PM

So do tell Smoothie, why is that ignore link under your name highlighted when no one else's is?

No one?

LOL get your fact straight buddy.

People push the pussy button because they can't take what I have to say.

But by all means BUY ALL THE TRC YOU CAN. SELL ALL YOUR SHIT AND BUY TRC! STOCK UP!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:08:19 PM

What is the advantage of terracoin, again? (serious question)
bushstar

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:14:04 PM

No one?

You're taking me literally. But these other people who also have highlighted ignore links under their names, are they your role models?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:17:06 PM

No one?

You're taking me literally. But these other people who also have highlighted ignore links under their names, are they your role models?

Does it matter? Let's digress more from the OP of this thread.

TRC is shit and will remain that way. Offering bounties does not validate a currency. Realsolid did that with Soiledcoin and look he is nowhere to be found. Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bushstar

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:36:45 PM

No one?

I'm trying to get you to be reflective. It's a shame watching you steamroll so many threads and I wonder why you do it.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:29:36 PM

No one?

I'm trying to get you to be reflective. It's a shame watching you steamroll so many threads and I wonder why you do it.

No shame in calling out bullshit.

I'm entertained at some of the retarded things that go on all over this forum.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: