Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is the Future  (Read 799 times)
theRattler (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:15:00 AM

The future of digital currency lies in how it fundamentally exists - Proof of work has its draw backs, as does proof of steak. Proof of chain can have a wide distribution reach, but it still depends on people making a few decisions initially. What is the best way for a crypto-currency to exist? I am a ClubCoin developer as as someone working in the industry, I don't think anything which exists now offers an optimal solution.
Thoughts? Shocked
Yadstiker

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:25:50 PM

I think for a coin not to be a scam, it has to be developed constantly to add new features. But that would cost money.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:52:55 PM

Proof of work is totally ridiculous today! Electric power is wasted and we already have solution -POS.
Maybe is not real solution but it is green! We need something new, more useful, constant progress is future .
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 03:21:32 PM

Motocoin is implementing a proof of play system I think it's better,you are hitting two birds with one stone you not only getting coins but at the same time playing games,this is a new innovation hopefully we will many gaming site implementing this concept..

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:13:12 PM

The future of digital currency lies in how it fundamentally exists - Proof of work has its draw backs, as does proof of steak. Proof of chain can have a wide distribution reach, but it still depends on people making a few decisions initially. What is the best way for a crypto-currency to exist? I am a ClubCoin developer as as someone working in the industry, I don't think anything which exists now offers an optimal solution.
Thoughts? Shocked

proof of steak you say. sounds delicious!

BigUpGiddyup

Activity: 168

BigUp & WIN

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:39:32 PM

POS with coins put into the hands of people who know how to use them

I love steak but proof-of-stake makes for a better algo

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:48:11 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 10:02:01 AM by TPTB_need_war

Yeah like Nxt which is now run by one dictator who believes in pruning the historic data.

Guess you didn't read the gory details.

Edit: and Bitshares:

I like Bitshares; it's very innovative, the community is intelligent and friendly... but DPOS itself is a failure - majority control of the network lies under one or two accounts, which are exchange wallet accounts. If these accounts decided they wanted to, they could shut the entire network down. This is not decentralisation.

Yet the Larimars always propose more of the same ill-conceived design philosophies. It appears to be an engrained ideological and philosophical quirk that will be present in any "innovation" they do.

Note CoinHoarder is on my Ignore so I am not wasting more of my time rebutting his nonsense. Past history of our interactions will serve as sufficient evidence of whom is correct.

Proof of work is totally ridiculous today! Electric power is wasted and we already have solution -POS.
Maybe is not real solution but it is green! We need something new, more useful, constant progress is future .

There is a solution for PoW that uses very little electricity and secures the coin decentralized.

You may not realized how broken Bitcoin is:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg13913069#msg13913069
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg13918857#msg13918857

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:56:01 PM

Perhaps at some point, we will see a new type of "trustless" and "decentralized" model, in the form of Artificial Intelligence.

The main issue with trust and centralization in currencies or transactions is that you don't know what the trusted party might do. A currency issuer might issue another 100% of a currency. An intermediate payment service can withhold money, reverse txs etc.

So you have these simple algorithms in place right now, and the blockchain which is essentially a consensus / ledger where everyone knows what everyone else did, and agrees with it as a historic record. The network also has certain parameters about what the money is, how it is distributed, what is the monetary base - stuff like that which are agreed upon.

But what if we replaced human-operated third parties (banks, paypals, cc's) with an Artificial Intelligence persona, that only operates under a certain window of parameters. In other words the AI is *trusted* to move money from person A to person B, and not keep it, because that is its design function and has no motive to do something else. The AI would be the (trusted) "robotic" manager of every single tx.

This model would probably combine several aspects of efficiency from the centralized/hierarchical model, with those aspects that make simple algorithms more trustworthy than human-operated systems.

It is simultaneously trusted (because you have to trust the AI) and trustless (because you don't expect the AI to fuck you over due to its design parameters and predetermined role). It is simultaneously centralized (as the AI does all the validation of TXs, instead of a multitude of people mining or staking) and decentralized (as the AI "lives" computationally in a P2P type cloud).
Braino

Activity: 644

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:09:25 PM

Re: Where is the Future?

In my wallet   Kiss

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
JosNekoKopa

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:57:48 PM

Why blockchain and p2p maybe some other protokol arrive?
Some hacker will publish white paper as soon as he finished his masterpiece i'm sure.. Cool
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:21:24 PM

...proof of steak...

Nice one Cheesy it could make a career like hodl Smiley

But back to your question: Each proposed proof-of concept has its advantages and drawbacks. My personal opinion is that the futures lies in a combination of different concepts. There are already coins which uses POW and POS or POS and POB* or even maybe POW, POS and POI**.

* Proof-of-Burn
** Proof-of-Importance
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:29:42 AM

My favorite is the root taxonomy of all non-proof-of-work proofs:

Proof-of-vacuity

hotsurfing

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:45:55 AM

Evotion and 1337 have great futures ahead of them
spassbold

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:36:58 PM

I think the future is in proof-of-doing-useful work-with your-computer.

This has the advantage that compared to proof-of-work no electricity is wasted to solve meaningless hashes and compared to proof of stake coins get produced from something different than interest, which prevents coins being hoarded by just a few people and increases fairness of distribution.

A good example for that is Gridcoin, which rewards computing done for BOINC (https://boinc.berkeley.edu/) in a decentralized way. There are BOINC projects for example to cure Ebola (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/oet1/overview.do), fold proteins (https://boinc.bakerlab.org/) or find aliens (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/). The newly created coins are thus backed by meaningful research done by the person who gets the newly minted coins.

JosNekoKopa

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:13:26 PM

Does bitcoin POW have alternative, i mean better alternative not like POS
Can bitcoin be with one day be switched to it? Is these mean changing of algoritam is this possible at all?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:47:58 PM

Do some research. You will find some good concepts besides POW (and POS). I already posted some on post #12.

Does bitcoin POW have alternative, i mean better alternative not like POS
Can bitcoin be with one day be switched to it? Is these mean changing of algoritam is this possible at all?
JosNekoKopa

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:36:59 PM

Do some research. You will find some good concepts besides POW (and POS). I already posted some on post #12.
I'm not interested in new coins but rather by new concepts..
I have asked is it possible simpli to switch to another concept.
BTC without POW?
I'm not technical expert, so deep technical conversation is unnecessary.
Simplify if you know to explain , solutions only for BTC!
Retailatmon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:48:16 PM

PoS coin is fine after a few years of PoW. So the user base is larger than the ICO. I do not touch ICO only coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: