Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Edward Snowden have a bitcoin wallet?  (Read 2644 times)
puffpuffpass (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:57:19 PM

He could have 100,000 bitcoins in his wallet and he will have trouble converting them to anything other than bitcoin because the NSA and every other intelligence agency is on him like fly on shit.

The second he tries to cash out an account at Mt.Gox , CampBX or any exchange for that matter  it'll get seized.  They would most likely let him sell his bitcoins but not withdraw,  so at the end of the day he'll have neither bitcoins or dollars (or Euros, Yen, whatever).

He's going to have to find lawyers that accept bitcoin,  food stores that accept bitcoin,  etc... because he most likely won't be able to convert it to anything else.   Technically doable... but boy he has his work cut out for him.

he should take up the challenge.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:10:02 PM

In which other country could a group like Occupy Wall Street continue to camp out for that long and protest? In Cuba? North Korea? France? UK?
A fair question.
Was it about 2 months before Mayor Bloomberg and the folks that owned the land where the OWS campground was built decided that it was becoming unsanitary?
The current Istanbul Turkey protest started May 28, Teargas and water cannons used May 31.  So 3 days?
Certainly there have been longer "occupy" type protests than 2 months, but none come to mind immediately.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:21:57 PM

He could have 100,000 bitcoins in his wallet and he will have trouble converting them to anything other than bitcoin because the NSA and every other intelligence agency is on him like fly on shit.

The second he tries to cash out an account at Mt.Gox , CampBX or any exchange for that matter  it'll get seized.  They would most likely let him sell his bitcoins but not withdraw,  so at the end of the day he'll have neither bitcoins or dollars (or Euros, Yen, whatever).

He's going to have to find lawyers that accept bitcoin,  food stores that accept bitcoin,  etc... because he most likely won't be able to convert it to anything else.   Technically doable... but boy he has his work cut out for him.

I do not understand why are we obligated to trade on online exchanges. For example if anyone come in my country to visit and wants to exchange bitcoins for cash he does not need to do that on online exchange, there are people that are willing to change crypto currency in fiat with reasonable fee and that is even faster than banks. My friend waited 2 weeks to get his money from mtgox. I am not saying that online exchanges are bad but they are slowed down or even restricted by banks. Whole point of crypto currency is to avoid banks and governments because I want control over my assets and I will not pay taxes 3 times for one thing.

ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 07:27:36 AM

Occupy Wall Street was able to protest.
Until the NYPD and private police beat us and stole our stuff.
Did you check out those videos? It was a war zone.
Quote from: LorenzoMoney
Mainstream media mostly ignored them.
Occupy Wall Street spent MANY months protesting, not on public land, but in a privately owned park.
The eviction was illegaly carried out. There was an injuntcion in effect at the time. Also, Zucotti Park is a privately owned public park.

Yes, eventually, the local city government and owner of the land on which they were camped, got them to move but it took months.

The Occupy Wall Street movement fell apart as much due to their own disorganized, needing consensus oragnizatiol structure as due to the City of New York and the owner of that park wanting them to go.

But, Occupy Wall Street can still print a newspaper, post on websites, and get interviewed on US TV shows. That proves that they have freedom to publicly share their political opinions. They just cannot continue to camp out on private property.

In which other country could a group like Occupy Wall Street continue to camp out for that long and protest? In Cuba? North Korea? France? UK?

What you're saying is true, but a willingness to accept toned-down war crimes shouldn't be a point of pride, don't you think? The rejection of private property is a valid stance.

The fact of the matter is, Occupy Wall Street is a terrible example, but even they were not sure what they were protesting about. Like I said, Occupy Wall Street imploded as much due to their own lack of specific message and lack of organization as due to a local government and a property owner wanting them to go away.

In any case, the occupy wallstreet movement is an extension of the Rainbow Gathering, and the Rainbow gathering still has a yearly event where over 20,000 people meet in a National Forrest, smoke cannabis and do whatever they do, and it is permitted.

Sorry, but in the USA, you can say whatever you want, but often no one cares and no one will listen.

The USA has many problems, but not as many as most other places in the world.
I totally agree, my privelige of being in the USA is materially enormous.
Being less oppressive than horiffically oppressive places is neat, but still wholly unacceptable.
Each person knew why they were at OWS.
When I was at last year's rainbow gathering I saw several people were arrested for smoking weed.

@puffpuffpass- Is the blatant off topic-ness in this post cool with you?

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:21:49 AM

Pretty sure he'll get by just fine on his Chinese government salary. Smiley
agnostic98

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:28:26 PM

I do not understand why are we obligated to trade on online exchanges. For example if anyone come in my country to visit and wants to exchange bitcoins for cash he does not need to do that on online exchange, there are people that are willing to change crypto currency in fiat with reasonable fee and that is even faster than banks. My friend waited 2 weeks to get his money from mtgox. I am not saying that online exchanges are bad but they are slowed down or even restricted by banks. Whole point of crypto currency is to avoid banks and governments because I want control over my assets and I will not pay taxes 3 times for one thing.

exactly, I would just post up ads on HK's Craigslist and any other popular classified ads site looking to sell bitcoins for HKD, it should work out fine
ktttn

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_prism_global/?copy
FOR THE RECORD!

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:44:20 PM

pretty sure if us govt can spy on you as you type each word.
if snowden considered as a traitor or criminal of whatever us govt can throws at him
then whoever donate BTC and drag about it on here will be 'aid' of snowden
Jail?

of crouse
you have to be a us citizen

ktttn

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:47:39 PM

if snowden considered as a traitor or criminal of whatever us govt can throws at him
Jail?

Lock me up, LOCK ME UP!

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:19:35 PM

Who is Eric Snowden?
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:39:09 PM

Who is Eric Snowden?

And how is that pertinent to Edward Snowden, like in the title of the thread?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:02:02 PM

Jail?
Come at me I'm behind 7 onions

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 07:40:57 PM

Jail?
Come at me I'm behind 7 onions

Those Teflon onions ...

Imagine a script where Snowden's Catch 22 of being unwilling to keep both his sense of duty and the uniform, and so flees the cyberwar.  Sounds more like Orr than Yossarian though.  Unless there was some deal not yet in evidence, then Yossarian might be a fit.
Truth is stranger than fiction.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: