Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Canadian bitcoin buyers or sellers try Virtex Exchange yet?  (Read 13455 times)
morefans

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 08:16:43 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2011, 08:44:39 PM by morefans

Sorry my post count is low, I've been trolling here for a long time, finally needed to make an account to get some help from Tycho

I've used this service to start moving my coin -> CDN

Pro's
--------------
- trades worked like clock work, have done several trades, my account and the interface is updated instantly
- transferring bitcoin to the account worked without issue, just like any other bitcoin transaction it takes time to get verified
- transfer via e-interact was very smooth < 1 hr to get the money into my bank account
- IRC channel #bitcoin-cad provides help
- Grady2000 has an established reputation on #bitcoin-otc

Con's
--------------
- site was down a little at the start but hasn't been a problem lately
- could use some more liquidity but that will come with time, right now Mt Gox can move significantly and the leaves my sell order blowing in the wind at a significant loss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lambontae (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 10:53:08 PM

Hah, No one w/ triple digits has tried it yet - probably because its so new.

I tried it w/ like 5 bit coins. Sold, and in the bank. It let me buy a new PSU for another rig.
I understand the skeptics, considering the scamming going on - still worth keeping an eye on.
SneeKeeFahk

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 11:22:08 PM

Really, i *just* started mining and i was looking for a place to sell my first coin to see that mining can actually make some money, it worked out so i put together a mining rig today. Unfortunately my post count is a little low but that’s because i was made aware of Virtex through this post and figured i would join the community (was going to have to eventually) and give my 2 cents about the service.

I do understand that you more seasoned guys might be a little hesitant, but just give it a shot ... throw one coin in there and see how it goes and then maybe you could try 2 or 5 ... iunno but someone has to give it shot, with a double or triple digits, so the rest of the community feels safer and this site can grow and us Canadians can actually join the mining craze.
rgod14

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:17:51 AM

Sending 1 coin. Lets try this out....
rgod14

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:32:59 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 03:25:48 AM by rgod14

6 confirmed blocks (about 45 min) and the btc showed up. Selling it was stupid easy, put the amount you want to sell and the dollar amount. I happened to sell mine instantly as someone entered an order to bring up the price to the ask price. Withdrawing as we speak......will let you all know......

Update: Received the email about an hour after request. $25 more bucks sitting in my bank account. Seems legit to me.....hoping this sticks around and the volume gets going as I'm sick of getting hosed on currency conversion when CAD > USD.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:50:57 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 04:42:35 PM by foggyb

Hi guys!

I was the very first guy to use VirtEX, on June the 9th.  Cheesy

Called Joseph from VirtEX on the phone, we had nice chat. He's a well-spoken Albertan who went out of his way to help me.

Sold a couple dozen BTC and even though their site is beta,  I was able to trade without significant issues. Got paid through interac, it worked perfectly.

They are still working on the site, not all features are working yet. Basic depositing and trading BTC was very smooth in my experience. Highly recommended.

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 05:26:44 PM

I'm very glad to see a Canadian exchange spring up.  Nice also to see a contact phone number.

It would be reassuring if we saw some actual owner names and business address on the website.  Links to long-established Facebook profiles and Bitcoin forum profiles would also provide a level of assurance.

And a Facebook page would help users promote the site...
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

I'm going to try it out!  Go Canadians!
btc4beer

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 06:26:03 PM

Whee, so now I've used both aspects of the system.

I deposited money via an online bill payment, that went through within 24hrs and they were so pleasant as to email me when they received it.

Next I placed a buy at $20 and waited. Couple days later, voila, someone filled my order. Now to actually "play" the market.

This is awesome for us Canadians! Fast turnaround and great service!
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:34:23 PM

I have had several smooth buys and sells today.  Haven't yet tested withdrawl of CAD to bank account.
dkehler

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:39:58 AM

Successfully sold a few more bitcoins today and received Interac epayment, no problems whatsoever.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:28:20 AM

Successfully sold a few more bitcoins today and received Interac epayment, no problems whatsoever.

How long did it take for the etransfer to happen?
dkehler

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:07:43 AM

How long did it take for the etransfer to happen?

Not long.  I went for supper, but I would estimate between 1 and 2 hours.  After receiving the e-mail, it was virtually instant to put the money in the bank.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:54:15 AM

I have now transferred btc into my account, bought and sold btc, and transferred CAD out using etransfer.  Everything went smoothly.  Terrific service, keep up the good work!
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:11:35 PM

I was a little skeptical when I first started out at bitcoins, being Canadian. There seemed to be no option for us to easily buy/sell BTC via CAD, but I feel like a weight has been lifted since finding this site.

Great job with the simple yet functional site. You get my two thumbs and big toes pointing way up.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 07:00:27 PM

It works well. If you only want to buy bitcoins the process is very low risk as you send e-transfer buy BTC then withdraw.

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:12:45 PM

One thing I would like to see changed about the account info settings is the fact that after entering my bank account information, it remains visible for anyone to see. If my account were to become compromised, I would hope there would be stars or some type of mask to hide my info.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Acheron89

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:53:58 AM

One thing I would like to see changed about the account info settings is the fact that after entering my bank account information, it remains visible for anyone to see. If my account were to become compromised, I would hope there would be stars or some type of mask to hide my info.

Could you please be more specific? What sort of bank account information does it want you to enter? I'm still a little skeptical and am not willing to try it out until I get some more information. Now that a senior member has tested it I'm not as worried, but I still would like more info.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:19:01 AM

Could you please be more specific? What sort of bank account information does it want you to enter? I'm still a little skeptical and am not willing to try it out until I get some more information. Now that a senior member has tested it I'm not as worried, but I still would like more info.

If you just use etransfer to withdraw your money you don't need to enter banking information, though the fee is higher than with direct deposit.
Acheron89

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 11:11:34 AM

Alright thanks. I plan on using Etransfer anyways. Don't mind the additional fees, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I suppose I'll give Virtex a try next time I sell. Maybe try buying later on once I confirm it works at least one way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: