Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Holographic Principle  (Read 2031 times)
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:51:03 PM

Michael Talbot just pulls that out of his ass. There's no science behind it.

The book is based on the science from these two guys, so I'm not sure what you are talking about:

David Bohm, widely considered one of the best quantum physicists of all time and protégé of Albert Einstein and the quantum physicist and a neurophysiologist at Stanford University, Austrian-born, Karl Pribram, who, in fact predicted the holographic nature of perception and memory.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lebing
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:49:11 PM

... predicted the holographic nature of perception and memory

Predicting something doesn't count for anything unless the thing is later discovered to exist. Please point me to any experimental evidence linking memory and perception to anything holographic.

There are ongoing experiments (see below) testing the principle, but that's not what I was saying. The principle itself is backed in the knowledge and experience of two of the most brilliant physicists and neuroscientists of our time. It's not as you say, something "Talbot pulled out of his ass".

http://phys.org/news/2010-10-holometer-universe-hologram.html

-E Voorhees
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 09:59:26 AM

ctp.itp.ac.cn/EN/article/downloadArticleFile.do?attachType=PDF&id=12541

This one is out there, but kind of what I was expecting Wink Rotational systems in fluid mechanics have some really weird entropy and thermodynamic behaviour, much of it to do with non-equilibrium effects and there is always the Mach principle to be aware of when describing boundaries for total system entropy .... Anyway, as I suspected this author seems to suggest some really strange artefacts inside Kerr geometry blackholes when using entropic gravity formulation.

".... this force represents the repulsive force acting on superradiant co-rotating modes."

... cue the anti-gravity loons in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:09:18 AM

ctp.itp.ac.cn/EN/article/downloadArticleFile.do?attachType=PDF&id=12541

This one is out there, but kind of what I was expecting Wink Rotational systems in fluid mechanics have some really weird entropy and thermodynamic behaviour, much of it to do with non-equilibrium effects and there is always the Mach principle to be aware of when describing boundaries for total system entropy .... Anyway, as I suspected this author seems to suggest some really strange artefacts inside Kerr geometry blackholes when using entropic gravity formulation.

".... this force represents the repulsive force acting on superradiant co-rotating modes."

... cue the anti-gravity loons in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...
This may be very close to what I've been looking for. I'll have to struggle through the math, but they use similar language to my hypotheses of hypertoroidal energy, gravitic temperature, and fractal space-time expansion.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
lebing
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 08:40:32 PM

There's nothing about perception or memory in that link. And it describes an experiment that has yet to be completed. So you're wasting our time with this stuff.

If you really want to know about perception and memory, read the book. If you're too lazy to do that, just watch this: http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5957800/Michael_Talbot_-_The_Holographic_Universe_(Thinking_Allowed)

-E Voorhees
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: