Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like a consistent supplier / business associate.  (Read 926 times)
C0keZer0 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 01:35:52 AM

I don't know how long we have to be around and/or how many posts are required for the overlords to deem us worthy of the other threads, lol. But basically, what I am looking for is someone who I can deal regularly with. I will be buying bitcoins regularly, often, and in high-ish volume. I will provide consistent business for you, and in return I would have a reliable and trustworthy source of bitcoins. (The first person I ever dealt with, screwed me out of $200).

The one stipulation is that, I don't want to have to leave my house to acquire a payment method. I will pay prospective business associates in giftcards that I buy online with my debit card. I know gift cards are the devil in the bitcoin community, but I am saying we can start out in tiny incriments if you like. Do YOU enjoy having to setup a payment, get out, drive to the store, fill out the payment slip, and wait like another hour just to get bitcoins? I don't either. I hate it in fact. And fun fact, the scam I mentioned; I was the one using a gift card. It doesn't HAVE to be a gift card, but any method where I don't have to spend half a day dealing with getting bitcoins. I want to be able to get the payment method online, and send to the person online. Easy stuff. I'll be willing to do a bunch of tiny trades so no one has an anxiety attack, haha.

The purpose of this is to make it more convenient to get bitcoins from a reliable source. I won't dispute charges. The one fradulent charge I ever had on my card had me without a card for two weeks, while it was discontinued and a new one was sent to me. I'm not going to do that every time I want $50 of bitcoins, or however much it is. It's not worth it. And on top of that; I will use my debit card. I use my credit card to pay bills. That's it. So, I'm willing to work with someone, if they're willing to work with me. I will send the card first and allow the person to verify before sending. I know with Amazon, you can apply it to your account and it's yours forever. With Walmart, you can buy another e-gift card with it. Not that I am going to do anything. I do gift card transactions on OTC, but I need bitcoins to do that. Also everyone wets their pants at the mention of gift cards.

Anyone interested, you can respond here or email me at C0keZer0@tormail.org. That is also my name on OTC; C0keZer0. I recently started, but I would like to continue despite the frustration bitcoins cause in EVERY aspect of their existence, haha. If anyone wants to rage about it or leave hate comments like we're on youtube, you can go ahead. I thank any and all people who respond positively themselves, or provide info for a place or person who may be of assistance.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 01:54:35 AM

Have considered looking for a local contact that mines or just has BTC that they want to sell?  You would have to meet them a few times at first, but once you established a relationship you could work out a number of payment strategies from that. 

I say this because I am looking to be able to sell some BTC, and I went to a local users group last night and i met someone that actually is looking to buy.   We both benefit. 

No matter what you do you need to establish trust.  Joining the community is one step, Getting rated as you are on bitcoin-otc is another.  It takes time to establish trust.  Meeting in person has a lot of benefits.

I hope this helps.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
iamsomeoneelse

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 01:57:00 AM

so you're buying stolen CC numbers, buying a gift card with them, converting the gift card to bitcoins and then letting some poor soul get screwed when "they" track down the gift card?  And you seemed like such a nice guy...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:08:33 AM

. . . The one stipulation is that, I don't want to have to leave my house to acquire a payment method. I will pay prospective business associates in giftcards . . .
No thanks on the giftcards.  On the other hand, if you are willing to mail cash and are willing to send first, I'd certainly be interested in becoming your regular supplier of bitcoins.  If you are within 120 mile radius of my house and the transactions are large enough, I'd probably even be willing to drive to your house and do the transaction right in your living room (meeting your stipulation of not wanting to leave your house).
C0keZer0 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:24:43 AM

lol, the stolen credit card thing is funny. Very elaborate and specific. I'm sure people do actually that, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Someone seems to have a pretty thorough knowledge of it though. As far as doing deals, I can't prove anything until anyone actually does deals with me, so I'm not going to waste my breath there. I have done a couple GC > BTC trades on OTC. Two were before I was registered, authed, and all that good stuff. It's funny because, yes absolutely becoming known as a trusted dealer is ideal, but obviously no one will deal. And I don't blame them. I do have a high regard for the few individuals who did though. I have bought two pizza cards for people, and another a $30 amazon giftcard. Of course it had to be the $200 where I got scammed, but hey; what can you do. I'll keep trying. I pretty much got the answer I expected, so there aren't any shocks here. I've only had a few people who weren't scared of it.

The local thing is pretty meh. There's like 3 people around here that use them, and the whole point is to be able to stay home. But I'm not here to preach. If people want to, they will. If they don't; they won't. It would be convenient for both of us, but I'm not trying to make anyone do anything. I'll still be here if anyone isn't afraid to deal with giftcards or any other digital payment that doesn't require the overly-cumbersome process that bitcoins require. Let me know. Thanks for the input. All of it. If the one who made assumptions about me stealing credit cards or whatever it was would like to continue to do the youtube thing; feel free. Thanks again.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:31:13 AM

A brain dead money can pull a scam with credit/debit cards.  It takes absolutely no skill.  Hell it doesn't even need to be a stolen credit card.  "Hello [insert credit card company here], I just got my statement and I am really worried.  It looks like someone bought $10,000 worth of gift cards over the last month using it.  Please help me it must have been those hackers."

Want to buy BTC from the comfort of your house how about a bank wire?
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:37:46 AM

if you're looking for a reliable source to provide you with BTC, then you should offer bank transfers, cash or something similar. Gift cards is not a good idea. Nobody knows the source of your gift cards.
iamsomeoneelse

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:52:21 AM

you actually seem like a pretty well-spoken guy... so maybe you are merely clueless.  on the other hand, you are posting in the only place where some ppl might not know abt the gift-card scam -- the newbie forum. 

My post was essentially to warn these newbies off (and to increase my post count)

Scammers often talk about how they got scammed to gain trust.  You really want to be the one who takes the risk, use cash-in-the-mail.  Plenty of people will do that txn with you.

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:53:28 AM

why not just use coinbase?

If you absolutely need anonymity, then localbitcoins is your best bet. No matter the OTC rating, you can never really be sure.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 03:17:49 AM

Considering the emphasis on gift cards, my first thought was stolen credit cards...

Here in the UK I can get Bitcoins in only a few hours by doing a bank transfer to someone trusted.

How is it different in the US?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: