Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:11:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Offers to help communities of failing coins  (Read 1832 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 07:13:29 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 07:26:40 PM by rimbit

If coins are dead or failing due to funding, lack of development etc, then we are offering to assist get these coins up and running again.
If coins are dead with no hope of recovery, then depending on the coin and the interest of the members of that coin, we can discuss a trade for Rimbit
Our aim is to revive coins or help users of dead coins to come together to work on solutions to fix issues and grow stronger as a group.
We hope that some alliances are made and projects that have everyone working together is the outcome of this project

Its a project we are starting to help other coins.
http://rimbit.com/forums/#altcoins-other-coins.60

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
CelluleRB

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:23:59 PM

There are already some suggestions on rimbit.com. Feel welcome to sign in and talk about other ideas you may have!
toucan

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:54:35 PM

This is a generous offer, especially for 'dead coins' that are worthless. Exchanging for some free Rimbit and joining a growing dynamic crypto will help you recoup some of your investment in the 'dead coin'

Come join us on the site above. Smiley
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 04:37:49 AM

There are a few suggestions on the forum and we are monitoring one of them to see what is happening, before we officially post on their thread with offers of support.

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
UKBob

Activity: 80

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:10:19 PM

I see this as a win-win for those holding the dead coins as well as Rimbit.

Dead coins get to swap into Rimbit  and turn something worth zero into something that is alive and exchangeable.
Rimbit gets to grow some more.

I hope this offer is taken up.

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:17:54 PM

I think there is no need to help the failing coins. Most of them are failing because they are scams from the start.
UKBob

Activity: 80

I like Ethereum and Rimbit

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:42:30 PM

I think there is no need to help the failing coins. Most of them are failing because they are scams from the start.

Hopefully the people at Rimbit can differentiate between the scammers and those that failed for "better" reasons.

I would hope that there would be some generosity to those who were scammed, but not those who perpetuate scamming.

RM6kf3k6d12nsTkV3B7amvsTUXcyFuFWaz
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:24:32 PM

Hopefully the people at Rimbit can differentiate between the scammers and those that failed for "better" reasons.

I would hope that there would be some generosity to those who were scammed, but not those who perpetuate scamming.

Of course we wont help all coins, but there are some that started for the right reasons and then only circumstances altered their fate... These are the ones we will put our effort into helping

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:43:52 PM

I hope their should be guidelines on what kinds coins are you going to help revive some coins are created just to scam people,and bringing them back will just resurrect bad memories of the coins,on how they scam people

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 01:57:50 PM

I hope their should be guidelines on what kinds coins are you going to help revive some coins are created just to scam people,and bringing them back will just resurrect bad memories of the coins,on how they scam people

Scam coins wont be included, but we may offer some help in changeover of those coins to those unfortunate to have made the wrong decision...

The community will vote on what will be done, as information is compiled on a coin that has requested help

The Coins inception date and the amount of members that add to the request will influence the reports that the community members will vote on.

CelluleRB

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:05:58 PM

Rimbit community really deserve a chance to be known. Right now, it is becoming stronger and stronger and this is a step it was decided to grow more. I hope the crypto world can take that chance to play an important role in its development. Wink
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:51:28 PM

Honestly I agree that failing coins should get some sort of help, but then again you are looking at things with relatively low market cap with not many new features.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:21:22 AM

only the earliest coins that are failing are good to keep alive. These coins from the first  50-100 will go down in crypto currency history and become of great interest to collectors in the future.
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 03:01:58 AM

Honestly I agree that failing coins should get some sort of help, but then again you are looking at things with relatively low market cap with not many new features.

Fully understood!
As a group, I think we should at least give it a shot and see if we can not only resurrect them, but also steer them to gain more traction on the markets

Its a lot of hard work, but if the determination is there from everyone involved, then it will have the best chance of "making it"

We are close to rolling out our first of the RimbitPi's for testing and I can envisage that we can incorporate certain coins into the system, even if its just a simple hardware wallet

Of course, much is speculation, but positive thinking, plus more grey matter, should result in some great ideas coming out Smiley

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 03:09:23 AM

only the earliest coins that are failing are good to keep alive. These coins from the first  50-100 will go down in crypto currency history and become of great interest to collectors in the future.

I also agree with this as well.
I believe in general, that some of the earlier coins where built for the intention of being a viable Crypto and not just a quick pump and dump, which many coins are now being created for...

Part of my idea is to categories coins that are not pumped and dumped as simply "coins" (or something), while the others be classed as something else, to signify their general reason for being put together

For example, if we named some coins "Pump Coins" then people will know they are short term, in-out type coins and will have their place and value for what they are.

But getting back to your post... It would be a travesty to lose some of the early generation coins for lack of help, when they can be collector items in the future.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:33:49 PM

I also agree with this as well.
I believe in general, that some of the earlier coins where built for the intention of being a viable Crypto and not just a quick pump and dump, which many coins are now being created for...

Part of my idea is to categories coins that are not pumped and dumped as simply "coins" (or something), while the others be classed as something else, to signify their general reason for being put together

For example, if we named some coins "Pump Coins" then people will know they are short term, in-out type coins and will have their place and value for what they are.

But getting back to your post... It would be a travesty to lose some of the early generation coins for lack of help, when they can be collector items in the future.

Good reasoning compare to all the new coins today that are coming up the old ones,I mean the early ones are far more better,every month new coins are coming up,it's fully saturated I'm sure there are old coins worthy to get a chance to come back..

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:15:13 PM

Scam coins wont be included, but we may offer some help in changeover of those coins to those unfortunate to have made the wrong decision...

I'm not sure if there are many dead coins worth a revival really... guess there could be some, but if there was already enough interest and the coin had a purpose, it probably would have been revived already.

What could be useful is the changeover idea. Like for a limited time, trade in your deadcoin for a certain amount of Rimbit. It'd actually be more like a giveaway, but besides helping some folks, it could be good for publicity purposes too.

To be honest, I haven't followed Rimbit at all. But I, like I expect a lot of people, may have some old dead coin lying around in a wallet or exchange somewhere. It'd be nice to turn it into something.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 03:18:54 PM

Of all the devs of any coins you are the one that have thought this innovation,there are advantages and disadvantages with this plan but would like you to proceed to see if this is a good plan,many holders of dead coins will definitely like this plan and maybe involve in Rimbit as well
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:24:55 PM

Of all the devs of any coins you are the one that have thought this innovation,there are advantages and disadvantages with this plan but would like you to proceed to see if this is a good plan,many holders of dead coins will definitely like this plan and maybe involve in Rimbit as well

We did test this idea out last year and found some issues, that this time around, we will avoid them, even though it may not be exactly what some where hoping for, such as straight exchange or to high a market price.

We know Rimbit will take a drop, when we do an exchange...

How this will play out over the long term is speculative... But we use our forum effectively, so everyone concerned will know if the project will succeed or fail.

incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:28:35 PM

We did test this idea out last year and found some issues, that this time around, we will avoid them.

We know Rimbit will take a drop, when we do an exchange, but it will be based on the community of both Rimbit and the coin in question, before we offer a changeover.

How this will play out over the long term is speculative... But we use our forum effectively, so everyone concerned will know if the project will succeed or fail.

Interesting, we are almost ready to launch our version of this model, cooperation?

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: