Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Casascius 2011 Error Coin MS67 / Casascius 2013 1 BTC Silver MS68  (Read 3488 times)
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:34:31 PM

They ANACS grade should be taken as a guide as to what the condition of the coin is, not a literal stepwise difference between coins with different grades. So a brass MS68 is noticeably in a better condition to what an MS63 would be for example.

Except that around here, it is used as more of a stepwise to arrive at the price(by sellers) than a guide.  You literally have people stepping the price from grade to grade and justifying it by saying "ANACS grade!".

As happens with every non crypto graded coin also. If you can find an MS70 silver eagle cheaper than an MS68, or an ungraded round ... please tell me where

You are of course right, but I have not noticed the inconsistency that I have seen with crypto coins.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:01:03 PM

I do believe that things will even out though. I've seen a lot of ANACS haters because of grade differences, but grading these types of coins with different aspects to take into account is new and will even out in time.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
boomroom

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 10:46:55 PM

3 BTC for error coin.
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:42:13 AM

3 BTC for error coin.
Thank you for your offer. Imho that would be a decent offer for the silver single but not for the error coin.
There are only 20 error coins with a rating of MS67! So this is a special coin!
boomroom

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:09:02 AM

3 BTC for error coin.
Thank you for your offer. Imho that would be a decent offer for the silver single but not for the error coin.

I'm open to a reasonable counter-offer.
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 10:47:25 AM

Coming from someone who had sold plenty of these coins, I think OP's asking price is within market rate. The 2011 errors are very popular but I think the 2011 non-error brass and 2012 brass doesn't get the recognition they deserve. If anyone have an ungraded one let me know.

Great looking coin OP good luck with your sale.
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:09:39 PM

3 BTC for error coin.

ok counter-offer: 5 BTC
boomroom

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:43:12 AM

3 BTC for error coin.

still available Smiley

My 3 BTC offer stands. I would rather buy 100g of gold for 5 BTC from jmbullion  Grin
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:25:33 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 04:37:33 PM by Lincoln6Echo

3 BTC for error coin.

still available Smiley

My 3 BTC offer stands. I would rather buy 100g of gold for 5 BTC from jmbullion  Grin

Well if you don't want to spend 5 btc for a nice piece of bitcoin history you can take the silver single for 3btc.Smiley
boomroom

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:34:37 AM

Has the error coin been reduced yet?  Wink These will become increasingly more difficult to sell as the BTC price goes up.
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:51:48 AM

No the error coin has not been reduced in price the way you imagine. 3 btc would be a steal for that coin. Please note that cas coins are always priced in btc not in fiat. So 5 btc will still be 5 btc.

Open bazaar opened yesterday so maybe this will be a better place to sell cas coins.
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:11:12 PM

Has the error coin been reduced yet?  Wink These will become increasingly more difficult to sell as the BTC price goes up.

I'm not sure I follow that logic. Higher BTC price = more people who own BTC. More people who own BTC = more collectors.  2011 Casascius coins were the first ever coins minted for Bitcoin and they are becoming rare to see for sale. How does demand for these coins go down if BTC price goes up? 
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 07:21:31 PM

1 BTC = 1 BTC

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
boomroom

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:32:42 AM

I'm not sure I follow that logic. Higher BTC price = more people who own BTC. More people who own BTC = more collectors.  2011 Casascius coins were the first ever coins minted for Bitcoin and they are becoming rare to see for sale. How does demand for these coins go down if BTC price goes up? 

What is there not to understand? The higher the BTC price, the more 5 BTC is worth. If BTC goes to $1,200, who would spend $6,000 on a Cas coin. This multiples, the higher BTC goes.

And no one prices 1 BTC = 1 BTC, it is always BTC <-> fiat, which is why forum donations have dried up. No one is willing to put down 50 BTC for a fancy title, but they were willing in 2010-2012.

Logic Smiley
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:01:18 AM

Has the error coin been reduced yet?  Wink These will become increasingly more difficult to sell as the BTC price goes up.

I'm not sure I follow that logic. Higher BTC price = more people who own BTC. More people who own BTC = more collectors.  2011 Casascius coins were the first ever coins minted for Bitcoin and they are becoming rare to see for sale. How does demand for these coins go down if BTC price goes up?  

What is there not to understand? The higher the BTC price, the more 5 BTC is worth. If BTC goes to $1,200, who would spend $6,000 on a Cas coin. This multiples, the higher BTC goes.

And no one prices 1 BTC = 1 BTC, it is always BTC <-> fiat, which is why forum donations have dried up. No one is willing to put down 50 BTC for a fancy title, but they were willing in 2010-2012.

Logic Smiley

The physical bitcoin market is properly one of the most true bitcoin economies we have.
It is not completely detached from the USD exchange rate, but the the prices are certainly not proportional, like you suggest they should be.

About you "always" statement, not true. You seam to not get the whole point of bitcoin, I assume you are one those that are here to make a quick dollar?
Beside, it would be naive to believe with certainty that we will have fiat based money in the future. Taken into consideration how short fiat has been the primary form of money in the world and how bad it is performing.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
boomroom

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:17:49 AM

Has the error coin been reduced yet?  Wink These will become increasingly more difficult to sell as the BTC price goes up.

I'm not sure I follow that logic. Higher BTC price = more people who own BTC. More people who own BTC = more collectors.  2011 Casascius coins were the first ever coins minted for Bitcoin and they are becoming rare to see for sale. How does demand for these coins go down if BTC price goes up?  

Logic Smiley

The physical bitcoin market is properly one of the most true bitcoin economies we have.
It is not completely detached from the USD exchange rate, but the the prices are certainly not proportional, like you suggest they should be.

About you "always" statement, not true. You seam to not get the whole point of bitcoin, I assume you are one those that are here to make a quick dollar?
Beside, it would be naive to believe with certainty that we will have fiat based money in the future. Taken into consideration how short fiat has been the primary form of money in the world and how bad it is performing.

You are correct, I am taking this from a capital gain perspective.
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:20:17 PM

The way I look at it, no matter what you spend on a Casascius coin, you are buying 1 BTC (or whatever the face value of the coin is) and also paying a premium for the collectors value and rarity.  A few years ago that premium would have costed you much less in terms of dollars, perhaps much more in terms of BTC.  It fluctuates with the exchange value of BTC, I will agree with that. 

If BTC goes to the moon, maybe you would be better off holding all of that premium in Bitcoin.  The collectors value of the item would still go up, but probably not 100% equivalent to the increase in price of bitcoin. However if the BTC price remains flat or goes down, it's likely that the collectors value of a Casascius will still increase as we've seen over the past few years.  One strategy is to buy a Casascius and then buy more BTC to replace whatever premium you paid in dollars. That way, you can maximize your ROI while still enjoying to your hobby of collecting coins. After all, these coins are not for everybody  Smiley
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:38:47 PM

Logic Smiley

Collectors spend millions of $ for plain blue paintings*. So even $6,000 is nothing for a collectible with this historic background and rarity if bitcoin gains more traction.
So better buy as long as bitcoins are that cheap.   Wink

*http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2014/contemporary-art-evening-auction-l14022/lot.18.html

Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:59:02 AM

bump Smiley
Lincoln6Echo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:15:17 PM

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: