Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:32:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Miner X5 on BitFury 16nm chips  (Read 20938 times)
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:11:35 PM

So he/she basically just copied asiabtc's (a.k.a. LIGHTNINGASIC) 3D model of the design for the scam.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:11:38 PM

Yeps, same here, no soldering any ASICS on and old board, thats a No-Go. New boards in the old S5 case and controller setup, Yes please !

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:29:12 PM

New board with the same controller? How do you address that Bitfury and Bitmain chips use different comm protocols? I guess you have a translator chip on your board? How do you handle that S5 chipped with two different controllers - 18 pin and 16 pin? Does your board have both connectors just in case?

When you say 550W, is that power dissipation of the boards themselves or is that total machine power (including controller and fan, about 30W total) or is that wall power (and if so, assuming what PSU efficiency)? 550W wall at 90% efficient PSU and 30W in fan and controller leaves around 460W for the chips, which for 5TH puts you at about 30 chips per board and clocked to 85GH per chip (for about 0.094J/GH chip-level) assuming no power conversion. Of course, 30 chips per board gives you probably a string of 2x15, meaning 800mV per chip which, for these chips, probably means you're sorely overvolting it (that operating point is more likely hit at closer to 600mV). So you need a voltage drop in there - best case another 5% efficiency hit. So now we're looking at about 435W to the chips for 5TH - let's say 32 chips per board, clocked a bit shy of 80GH for 0.088J/GH (approximately). So 32 chips, and a 40-50A regulator, and either a darn good microcontroller or an FPGA to convert Bitmain protocol (coming in through one of two connectors) to something Bitfury talks, and Bitfury's comm multiplexer. Let's see a render of that, instead of a cheesy copy of someone else's cheesy concept render. Or better yet, some proof of actual dev.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:30:51 PM

SCAM Confidence Meter:   96% confidence

Evidence is building.

Recommendation:  Only purchase from official outlets.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:19:58 PM

New board with the same controller? How do you address that Bitfury and Bitmain chips use different comm protocols? I guess you have a translator chip on your board? How do you handle that S5 chipped with two different controllers - 18 pin and 16 pin? Does your board have both connectors just in case?

When you say 550W, is that power dissipation of the boards themselves or is that total machine power (including controller and fan, about 30W total) or is that wall power (and if so, assuming what PSU efficiency)? 550W wall at 90% efficient PSU and 30W in fan and controller leaves around 460W for the chips, which for 5TH puts you at about 30 chips per board and clocked to 85GH per chip (for about 0.094J/GH chip-level) assuming no power conversion. Of course, 30 chips per board gives you probably a string of 2x15, meaning 800mV per chip which, for these chips, probably means you're sorely overvolting it (that operating point is more likely hit at closer to 600mV). So you need a voltage drop in there - best case another 5% efficiency hit. So now we're looking at about 435W to the chips for 5TH - let's say 32 chips per board, clocked a bit shy of 80GH for 0.088J/GH (approximately). So 32 chips, and a 40-50A regulator, and either a darn good microcontroller or an FPGA to convert Bitmain protocol (coming in through one of two connectors) to something Bitfury talks, and Bitfury's comm multiplexer. Let's see a render of that, instead of a cheesy copy of someone else's cheesy concept render. Or better yet, some proof of actual dev.

I love this guy....I bend in the dust for Sidehack...kaboom and smashed up against the wall he was by Sidehacks points.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:31:37 PM

The OP put all of 60 seconds into a post and follow-ups yet apparently it was good enough to generate a full thread with people investing much more time than the OP.. Well done OP if that is all it takes..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:37:02 PM

I love this guy....I bend in the dust for Sidehack...kaboom and smashed up against the wall he was by Sidehacks points.

I wondering when  side would shot this down .

lmao

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ukrcoin (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:37:41 PM

"Hotmine" company engaged the development and production.
We are the exclusive seller of data miners.
I'm personally acquainted with these people, and do not doubt them.
Nobody does order of miners before it appearancing and testing.
The price will be compared with Antminer S7 for terahesh minus 5%.
This photo was taken because a prototype will be only in late March - early April, then it will be possible to make a real photo.
Consumption of electricity and hashrate taken from the calculations, the real figures will be only after the testing of prototype.
Package will include control board with hashboards for upgrade Antminer S5.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:45:19 PM

So replacing the control board also. That's a bit more logical.

I don't quite understand stealing a publicity render for a machine when, if you're modifying an S5, you could have taken a photo of an S5 and sketched new boards on to it for something a little more accurate and a little less shady.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:48:24 PM

But miner.bz says it is going to have all sorts of interesting products, how can you doubt them?  Tongue

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:14:11 PM

id drop the s5 upgrade price some if it's even real but like i said 30 + more days then we see it all and how the home miners are gonna be etc .

I'll still get mine from Sidehack. !!!!. his maybe deals look much better and hes US based for better support, not that I'll need it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:37:21 PM

"Hotmine" company engaged the development and production.
We are the exclusive seller of data miners.
I'm personally acquainted with these people, and do not doubt them.
Nobody does order of miners before it appearancing and testing.
The price will be compared with Antminer S7 for terahesh minus 5%.
This photo was taken because a prototype will be only in late March - early April, then it will be possible to make a real photo.
Consumption of electricity and hashrate taken from the calculations, the real figures will be only after the testing of prototype.
Package will include control board with hashboards for upgrade Antminer S5.

what do i smell?   SCAM.. just give it up..
no one (hopefully) is dumb enough to fall for this in 2016. 
2-3 years ago, maybe you would get a few btc just for a few sentences.
you have nothing to show and nothing to offer. 

just ask for some btc to be sent to you and i'm sure you'll get some negative trust real quick.
audiotopix

Activity: 686
Merit: 512

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 06:21:21 AM

Funny.

You guys all know that Bitmain will release something that destroys Bitfurys 16nm tech right?

They always have before and im sure it will be a mic drop again soon.

[]
.████WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK    TWITTER   DISCORD   TELEGRAM  REDDIT  INSTAGRAM  GITHUB████
MASTERNODESSINCE
.PROOF OF STAKE  ANY AMOUNT
  OF NTRN
EARN    PIGGY
  BANK
[
]
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:24:44 AM

Funny.

You guys all know that Bitmain will release something that destroys Bitfurys 16nm tech right?

No one knows on them as they are not very public about things they work on, which makes sense as if they say we will have a new chip X date... sales drop on current gen.

We do know they listed another  batch of S7's so at least into march that is what they are making.  It's hard to say if/when they will have something new.  There has been no leaks or info to show they have a chip or will soon.
Makingsure

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:41:05 AM

Funny.

No one knows on them as they are not very public about things they work on, which makes sense as if they say we will have a new chip X date... sales drop on current gen.

We do know they listed another  batch of S7's so at least into march that is what they are making.  It's hard to say if/when they will have something new.  There has been no leaks or info to show they have a chip or will soon.

i agree. while i have been wondering what bitmain is working on i also remember, i think correctly, that we had with the s7---
----leaked rumors up to 7 months before hardwear in hands (s5+ and s7 talk)
----leaked tech info around 5 months ahead

so for no leaks (that i have seen) about new gen bitmain hardwear one has to wonder  ---
will they just DROP something?
will they use cheap power they have and mass setups to fight their battle with s7's?  is that even possible in this exahash stage?
oooo , excitting times
could get ugly or wonderful real quick.

o , and im on board with others here before me saying
"i'll believe it when it ain't just a rendering and words"  (and have btc waiting)

-watching
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:52:59 AM

Strategic wise it would be rather stupid of Bitmain if they have something waiting to be announced since ordering process from miners starts some months ahead of release. Bitmain always puts out teasers, so frankly I think they are behind schedule on this one, or caught with trauser down…

HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:53:17 AM

Funny.

i agree. while i have been wondering what bitmain is working on i also remember, i think correctly, that we had with the s7---

so for no leaks (that i have seen) about new gen bitmain hardwear one has to wonder  ---
will they use cheap power they have and mass setups to fight their battle with s7's?  is that even possible in this exahash stage?
oooo , excitting times

"i'll believe it when it ain't just a rendering and words"  (and have btc waiting)

-watching

An old article with Jihan Wu of Bitmain clearly state they are going with 16nm this year.  ==> http://bitcoinist.net/exclusive-interview-jihan-wu-bitmain-s7-block-size-debate/

Do you think you will be moving down die size in 2016 as production costs come down, and improved quality at this level happens?

"Yes, we will be moving down to a 16 nanometer die size in 2016. 16 nanometer technology has come a long way in the past year, with lower costs and better yields."
punin

Activity: 560

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 08:54:51 AM

I know and have met with the people behind this project personally and they have lot of experience working with BitfFury hardware. I have strong reason to believe they will deliver what they promise.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:58:51 AM

I know and have met with the people behind this project personally and they have lot of experience working with BitfFury hardware. I have strong reason to believe they will deliver what they promise.

Are they an official "partner" then, as mentioned on your website?
It would be of great help if you released a list of partners to whom interested parties could go for authentic products available to smaller users.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:46:08 AM

Funny.

oooo , excitting times

-watching

An old article with Jihan Wu of Bitmain clearly state they are going with 16nm this year.  ==> http://bitcoinist.net/exclusive-interview-jihan-wu-bitmain-s7-block-size-debate/

Do you think you will be moving down die size in 2016 as production costs come down, and improved quality at this level happens?

"Yes, we will be moving down to a 16 nanometer die size in 2016. 16 nanometer technology has come a long way in the past year, with lower costs and better yields."

The year of 2016 still has a lot of time left though..  He talks about lower costs.... I'm guessing S7 likely is perfected on cost lowest amount of chips high freq.  From cost I think S7 is cheaper then a new product for them.

I could be completely off base I just see S7 as being cheap currently for them on production.  Also I'm hoping it sticks with one freq/speed on new model whenever it is S7 had to many variants.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: