Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:29:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Much trouble setting up sp20 to static ip.  (Read 789 times)
Novagurl (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:30:09 PM

My trouble starts with this simple problem. Without getting the miner to that ip, it will NOT connect to the internet, meaning I won't be able to access the config page.

myminer.io forwards to start.spondoolies-tech.com, while connected to the internet,

When I setup my antminer S3, I could locally connect the miner straight to my computer to the miner via Ethernet. Can I do this with the sp20? when connected to the sp20 on 192.168.1.1 [http://imgur.com/OoUwtHR pic here I can't explain it, and go to myminer.io, nothing shows up obviously cause the dns won't work. Now I know I need to find the actual ip the miner is communicating on, but I have tried nmap and netscan to no avail.

If I reflash the firmware, will the miner go on a default ip and then I can communicate with it, or will that not work.

Thanks
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:11:49 AM

My trouble starts with this simple problem. Without getting the miner to that ip, it will NOT connect to the internet, meaning I won't be able to access the config page.

myminer.io forwards to start.spondoolies-tech.com, while connected to the internet,

When I setup my antminer S3, I could locally connect the miner straight to my computer to the miner via Ethernet. Can I do this with the sp20? when connected to the sp20 on 192.168.1.1 [http://imgur.com/OoUwtHR pic here I can't explain it, and go to myminer.io, nothing shows up obviously cause the dns won't work. Now I know I need to find the actual ip the miner is communicating on, but I have tried nmap and netscan to no avail.

If I reflash the firmware, will the miner go on a default ip and then I can communicate with it, or will that not work.

Thanks

I kinda see two different questions.  Should you be able to connect to a computer and share connection?  Yes if you set the right settings you should.

I'm kinda reading between the lines here but is IP address of miner different then your router?  Or what is reason you wan't to do this?  If it's different you could connect to computer and switch IP address to router range.  I personally would go direct to router instead of going through a computer unless that is only option.
Novagurl (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:03:31 AM

Thanks

I kinda see two different questions.  Should you be able to connect to a computer and share connection?  Yes if you set the right settings you should.

I'm kinda reading between the lines here but is IP address of miner different then your router?  Or what is reason you wan't to do this?  If it's different you could connect to computer and switch IP address to router range.  I personally would go direct to router instead of going through a computer unless that is only option.

Hey I figured out a way to get it connected to the internet but yeah my problem before was a could not get the miner to connect to the internet without that static ip configured into it.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Thanks

Hey I figured out a way to get it connected to the internet but yeah my problem before was a could not get the miner to connect to the internet without that static ip configured into it.

Glad it all worked out.  You will be much happier overtime with it running direct to router vs going through computer.  That is just a pain to have long term.

Best of luck mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: