Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:33:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info help  (Read 306 times)
fml-rip-fml (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:23:17 PM

Hi all, I tried to login on my blockchain.info wallet and I tried my pincode 4x however the site was under maintenance so I couldn't login. Now the app counts those tries as failed pincodes and I have to use my password or forget the wallet.
Here's the problem, I only used the app because my laptop got infected recently and I couldn't reset my laptop because my little brother has some stuff I needs but he's away for a couple of days so I have to wait for him. Because my laptop got infected I used a lot of new passwords which I wrote down however my mom threw my notes away where my passwords were written down on. Now I wanted to make a new wallet and bring my 1,016 Bitcoin to the new wallet because I can't remember my password as I used a lot of new different passwords and so this just happened.
Is there any possibility to recover my £$?
fml rip thanks for reading rip english.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:07:41 PM

Having a lot of bitcoins in an online wallet isn't the best idea , you know .
Other then that , without the password , the private keys or the seed that Blockchain.info should give you when you make the account , you won't be able to recover your account and they won't be able to do that for you either because they don't own your password in their database or anything like that .
Next time , use Paper wallets or Hardware wallets to store your bitcoins or at least Desktop wallet like Electrum which could help you recover your wallet using a seed .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:34:14 PM

have you print out some backups before if you have some .pdf backup which blockchain have feature than you can see private key for each addresses associated with your account there use those key to include those address in your new wallet and use it.

john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:19:11 PM

I just want to ask if you can stil login with your laptop? Or did you save your login password to your browser?
If yes you can get the user and password from your browser.
after that install updated anti virus first. Recommended anti virus kaspersky updated.. and make sure scan your whole laptop..
If anti virus is not working to remove all trojan viruses and its totally infected. You can use hiren's boot cd you can download it in their official website. Or you can also try find virus remover(avira)cmd to remove all virus to your pc...
But i still suggest hiren's because it can boot his own os xp mini or win7 mini that you can scan whole parts of your laptop...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: