Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad time to go long  (Read 4754 times)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:06:13 PM

I pretty much missed the whole ETH hype with the alt coin.

Being able to match bitcoin, but this sounds a bit obvious and all. But why bother with ETH when we already seen bitcoin has been 1st for the longest to even birth other alt coins.

I can see this as a quick profit, other then that Ill take my bets with bitcoin.

ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:17:32 PM

Well maybe now that the price has fallen so much It's less risky to go long, although the market seems pretty bearish atm.

i'm long for 450, i'm seeing a return there in a few days, like we did fall from 440 1 week ago

it's an endless cycle for accumulation while the market is waiting for the next move

it's not like we have not seen this like one thousand times in the past

450 in what time frame?
Although it may eventually get there, people will lose confidence if there are long periods in which bitcoin's price appears directionless.

The long term price trend will be going higher. That happened in the last 6 years. More and more people are using bitcoin.

You are right the price will go to a higher amount soon or later its just a matter of time, the bitcoin is of course unpredictable but this can be seen from miles.
The halving is coming and on a long term more people are gonna use the bitcoin so the price will jump on a certain point.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:11:15 AM

What is this? Another Ethereum shill thread?
Ethereum can and will never be what Bitcoin already is.
Furthermore the Eth pump seems to be over and will slowly begin to decline with some small ups in it to catch the last dumbs left with spare money looking for making a quick buck with altcoins.

Actually I'm suggesting that it's a bad time go long with either BTC or ETH. Both will be heading down sooner or later, especially ETH. Perhaps going long with bitcoin would be safer after ethereum's bubble has popped.

Also, bubbles can have ups and downs as well and ethereum's one is no exception.

That chart describes mt.gox and every bitcoin venture.

Pretty accurate in general when it comes to bubbles, and seeing how the price so fast kinda supports it.

Kinda reminds me of a penny stock.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:35:21 AM

yeah sure, all good words, but i was right , we are heading once again toward 450, slow moving toward 440 for the thousand time

it's clear that there are the same bots playing on the market, they play on the same range at every new level
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:25:15 AM

Its not that bad time now. It is now a little bit stable so that is very good. You never know of course for what is going to happen with Bitcoin.
But you can also see that it will rising slowly again and that the halving is also coming later and that is quite good.
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:17:03 AM

Its not that bad time now. It is now a little bit stable so that is very good. You never know of course for what is going to happen with Bitcoin.
But you can also see that it will rising slowly again and that the halving is also coming later and that is quite good.

After the consolidation in the $420 range, the price will rise to $500 in the next two months, then it will go up to $1500 by year end.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:52:18 AM

After the consolidation in the $420 range, the price will rise to $500 in the next two months, then it will go up to $1500 by year end.

Seems like a good speculation about the price hike well i hope that you are right and the chinese miners will not hold the btc.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:22:12 PM

Seems like a good speculation about the price hike well i hope that you are right and the chinese miners will not hold the btc.
Its not that bad time now. The price is now good stable so that is quite good. And it is not going down so that is quite good.
We all hope of course that the value will rise and that we can sell it with profit, but you never know what will happen later.
Fademigo

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 02:10:06 PM

Its not that bad time now. The price is now good stable so that is quite good. And it is not going down so that is quite good.
We all hope of course that the value will rise and that we can sell it with profit, but you never know what will happen later.

I like the stable price. it will make people think it is a good investment tool, not just a speculation tool to lose money.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:15:00 PM

What do you mean that the price is stable? I mean if you look in the Bitcoin charts in the last six months you can call the price action all but stable.
We are in the horizontal channel $350-415 since the early January, but still there are movements of $50 in each direction. I mean, that is less than the usual Bitcoin volatility, but still that is not stable.

this space is intentionally left blank
greBit

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:26:40 PM

I like the stable price. it will make people think it is a good investment tool, not just a speculation tool to lose money.

yes thats true and we will have more people joining bit coin and we will see more profit. according to the current market and speculation for the btc we will see good impact to all of us.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:29:16 AM

ETH is on its way to $30 > Bitcoin will fork ($400) > invested money in ETH will shift to Bitcoin ($800) > ETH will come back to $5

Edit: time frame is Q2 - after that we'll see a crypto bubble ETH $50 / BTC $3500

Looking at how my life meanders about like in the above manner ...you got my vote...(a long way around to get to get there......yep I'll buy this) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:35:34 AM

eth bubble is ended, it will remain there for a long time now, they wanted to secure the 0.01 mark, that's it, i don't see another great bubble coming for it in the short term

any alt struggled above 0.01, even litecoin it was dumped at the end, and eth(as a currency not platform) does not offer anything above it

Eth aint just some alt though, its different.. dapps and smart contracts will rule the world. Cheesy
justbtcme

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:39:28 AM

Bitcoiners are impatient by nature. They wait for a  while and it prices don't go up they panic and sell. Seem to be routine every so odd months. Then a hint of good news will wake them up again and the cycle continues. Happy leveraging !!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:34:27 AM

eth bubble is ended, it will remain there for a long time now, they wanted to secure the 0.01 mark, that's it, i don't see another great bubble coming for it in the short term

any alt struggled above 0.01, even litecoin it was dumped at the end, and eth(as a currency not platform) does not offer anything above it

Eth aint just some alt though, its different.. dapps and smart contracts will rule the world. Cheesy

hope you are correct why I got 1 btc of the lisk ico ...open javascrypt dapp platform....(hey a guy can hope?) Smiley

ethereum even as a pump (missed boat) it will dump ..maybe down to 3 bucks but it will dump (if it actually survives as such imho) the way crypto works ..anyway my view

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:22:47 AM

Bitcoiners are impatient by nature. They wait for a  while and it prices don't go up they panic and sell. Seem to be routine every so odd months. Then a hint of good news will wake them up again and the cycle continues. Happy leveraging !!

people are impatient throughout any market that allows them to make profit. i consider these people to be yolo investors. they just blindly invest in something they don't even know anything about. for example now with the upcoming block halving. every noob thinks that the price will rise "a lot" due to the block halving. they only don't seem to know (or maybe they don't want to know) that the price may also go down after the halving. i believe in a rise but i am realistic enough to know that it also can go down. i am prepared for any situation.
lexuz

Me, myself and I

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:06:33 AM

the new trader will panic if see price not moving up like they want if they have good experience in trading bitcoin of course they not need to panic but by the time they will learn when is a good time to sell or buy
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 01:23:49 PM

rise or etherium ended, bubble popped price will stay around 0.01 btc

and i think it's awesome time to go long with bitcoin, because long  i understand as year, and this year will be awesome for bitcoin, halving and other rises, so it is really nice idea
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:53:39 PM

that dapps thing sounds interesting i need to take a look at it, if it is somethign big, it can unleash another good pump for this alt
Fademigo

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:59:14 PM

that dapps thing sounds interesting i need to take a look at it, if it is somethign big, it can unleash another good pump for this alt

Ethereum can be a "trading" or "enabling" platform. Many things can happen on the platform. So it is different for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: