Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:15:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: impossible to run armory (solved)  (Read 863 times)
roterdam (OP)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

interested to BUY CASASCIUS

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:18:09 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 10:13:49 PM by roterdam

many questions ?
why armory run bitcoind at init but dont close after exit?
i've tried to setup other directory for satoshi dir and armory in exec argument but armory dont accept why?
frustrated :-(
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:29:45 PM

disable auto bitcoind management.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:24:07 PM

You need to run the bitcoin client manually with the -datadir= parameter and not start Armory until the bitcoin client has synced. The -datadir parameter for the bitcoin client and --satoshi-datadir= on Armory should point to the same location. Armory does not include -datadir even when --satoshi-datadir= is set. I consider this to be a bug, and it took some time to figure out.
TerencePerson

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:02:42 PM

Is the bitcoin armory website working for anyone else? If it is please send me the link you are using because every time i try the website it says it is offline.
roterdam (OP)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

interested to BUY CASASCIUS

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:21:35 PM

I want to thank all members of the board for their help.
my problem was that he did not dictate the route well armory in the command line.
I had taken the armory directory and bitcoin directory to another drive that appears called "/hard disk/" but really named as "/hard\ disk/".
this I have been able to ascertain using autocomplete in the command line (tab).
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:32:09 PM

You've misunderstood what went wrong. The system can't know if you intend the space to be part of a file name or divide parameters so you always need to either put file names in quotes ("/hard disk/") or escape the space (/hard\ disk/).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: