Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burger King Accepts Bitcoin  (Read 2971 times)
PokerFace3 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:52:21 AM

Wow Burger King in the Netherland now accepts bitcoins Smiley A great news for all bitcoiners.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/02/19/burger-king-in-the-netherlands-accepts-bitcoin-and-hosts-meetups/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:53:57 AM

Cool, I know a Subway quite near from here does the same but I'm still not sure as to how exactly do I pay and if they still are accepting BTC. I remember the news being about a year old
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:55:37 AM

Wow Burger King in the Netherland now accepts bitcoins Smiley A great news for all bitcoiners.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/02/19/burger-king-in-the-netherlands-accepts-bitcoin-and-hosts-meetups/

I really hope this becomes a trend for the other burger kinds in the Netherlands... To bad the nearest burger king for me would be Maastricht, but even then i would have to drive for over 40 minutes to get there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PokerFace3 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

I really hope this becomes a trend for the other burger kinds in the Netherlands... To bad the nearest burger king for me would be Maastricht, but even then i would have to drive for over 40 minutes to get there.

Burger kind from my house is just at 5 minutes drive , if they accept bitcoins it would be great.

Cool, I know a Subway quite near from here does the same but I'm still not sure as to how exactly do I pay and if they still are accepting BTC. I remember the news being about a year old

Then go and order and eat a burger and ask them how do i pay with bitcoins and share with us Smiley ?
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:04:56 AM

I rarely eat fast food and the closest one near me would be McDonald - next up, Kentucky Fried Chicken. Burger King is not really popular here (at least from my knowledge). Most people prefer McDonald or KFC.

Anyway, this is a good news that finally a fast food restaurant accept Bitcoin. Rumor last year said McDonald is going to accept Bitcoin. So far they have not implant this. Good job Burger King!

I hope that with Bitcoin, their can be a truly fast food restaurant. Order, scan, pay and go! Hopefully they will roll out this to worldwide!

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:09:07 AM

Then go and order and eat a burger and ask them how do i pay with bitcoins and share with us Smiley ?
I would if I could, hard not knowing the language of the country you are temporarily living in  Undecided
PokerFace3 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:19:01 AM

I would if I could, hard not knowing the language of the country you are temporarily living in  Undecided

It would not be so hard you just need to scan the QR code to pay with your mobile App i guess. Also yip it's hard to understand the language of a country where you are temporarily living .
Mickeyb

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:27:15 AM

It would not be so hard you just need to scan the QR code to pay with your mobile App i guess. Also yip it's hard to understand the language of a country where you are temporarily living .
Probably but I don't want to seem as a madman trying to pay someone via a currency that the cashier doesn't know how to accept, because possibly no one has taught them how to . And as I said, I don't want to take any chances if say the Bitcoin payment was cancelled months ago. Just saying
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:52:13 AM

Probably but I don't want to seem as a madman trying to pay someone via a currency that the cashier doesn't know how to accept, because possibly no one has taught them how to . And as I said, I don't want to take any chances if say the Bitcoin payment was cancelled months ago. Just saying
So first you gotta learn Dutch and then educate the cashier on how to send/receive bitcoin transactions and then expect to get a free Foot Long Smiley sounds a better adventure than hiking.

A free burger Looks like a nice deal and it seems like Netherlands is supporting bitcoin considering more than 100 venues accepting it.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16655

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 11:29:55 AM

A free burger Looks like a nice deal and it seems like Netherlands is supporting bitcoin considering more than 100 venues accepting it.
And this 100 is just in one city! I live in the Netherlands, but have not been to Arnhem in a while. It's the first time I hear about "Arnhem Bitcoin city", and I will for sure use Bitcoin to pay once I'm there.

gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:36:21 AM

And this 100 is just in one city! I live in the Netherlands, but have not been to Arnhem in a while. It's the first time I hear about "Arnhem Bitcoin city", and I will for sure use Bitcoin to pay once I'm there.

Hahaha! Nice. A Bitcoin Dreamland for anybody. Way to go Netherlands. The rest of the countries should follow their lead now.
tifossi

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:39:04 PM

Can someone tell me: how can I pay there? Didn't find something.
Hope, NL is the first step and other European country's are following.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:44:51 PM

what a great news for community, it reminds me of the bitcoin pizza, yeah we need more store or restaurant to accept the bitcoin as payment options, unfortunatelly the  burger king is not available in my location, if someday they open their service here, i would go to order one
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:34:13 PM

Well netherlands known as biggest country that have many merchants welcoming to bitcoin, people there thinking very smart not suprisingly burger king finally accept bitcoin in netherland now.
I wish another countries could see netherland as role model how they support bitcoin.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:49:01 PM

great news for those people who live in netherland but unfortunately i'm not from netherland and i think impossible to fast food restaurant in my country will accept bitcoin in near future
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:30:31 PM

I hope here in my country all burger store accept bitcoins that we can buy burger without cashout bitcoins in any atm.
I hope it this is the beginning of bitcoin's that we can accept even in some store here in my country.
The near future has come and i think bitcoin will be more popular in some country that can attract other countries to use bitcoin as payment..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Emersonnets

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

The trouble is you think you have time.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:13:48 PM

That's really great. Now all the other merchants should accept this.
This is good news, I might go there someday just to spend my bitcoin on a burger!

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6135

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:21:07 PM

The Burger King Arnhem branch also announced that anyone that pays in bitcoin will receive a second burger (Whopper) for free

Good stuff Grin Hopefully Dominos pizza , McDonald , PizzaHut and others will follow them .
Got a question though (I can't know for sure since we don't have those fast foods here) , Payment methods accepted depends on the owner of that Burger king ? or the payment methods are decided by the mother company ? because if it's the case then why only Netherlands and not worldwide

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Epicnicity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:03:46 PM

The Burger King Arnhem branch also announced that anyone that pays in bitcoin will receive a second burger (Whopper) for free

Good stuff Grin Hopefully Dominos pizza , McDonald , PizzaHut and others will follow them .
Got a question though (I can't know for sure since we don't have those fast foods here) , Payment methods accepted depends on the owner of that Burger king ? or the payment methods are decided by the mother company ? because if it's the case then why only Netherlands and not worldwide

Yes it depends on the owner of that specific burger king and not the whole as a company.

Really cool to see this happening though, hopefully more chains will follow.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:13:03 PM

If even half of the fast food chains in the US accepted btc, I bet the price would sky rocket.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: