Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you pissed off with Blockstream?
yes - 3 (42.9%)
no - 4 (57.1%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Mad Bro?  (Read 3298 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:45:18 AM

please someone say somthing about full node count.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:49:25 AM

for the record i was on the small blockers side for about 12 hours at one point.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:58:32 AM

It's an old meme, but it checks out.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:13:36 AM

(Let's make this succession of quotes shorter).
ya i heard peter todd talk about how larger blocks will lead to small and medium miners being forced to "start" mining at large mining pools, it was at that point i got pissed off.

you've been fed lies, fucked up speculative scenarios, with a side of FUD, to come to the conclusion that we should ask all future bitcoiners to use lighting network instead.
Granted, miners already mine in pools. That's one thing. Still I think you got pissed of too quickly after reading the word "start". Of course miners won't "start" mining in pools because that's what they've done for years. Decentralization has never been total.
Now do we want to make these pools bigger, and at the same time reduce the total number of small, individual miners, or do we want to keep as much decentralization as we can?

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 05:16:48 AM

(Let's make this succession of quotes shorter).
ya i heard peter todd talk about how larger blocks will lead to small and medium miners being forced to "start" mining at large mining pools, it was at that point i got pissed off.

you've been fed lies, fucked up speculative scenarios, with a side of FUD, to come to the conclusion that we should ask all future bitcoiners to use lighting network instead.
Granted, miners already mine in pools. That's one thing. Still I think you got pissed of too quickly after reading the word "start". Of course miners won't "start" mining in pools because that's what they've done for years. Decentralization has never been total.
Now do we want to make these pools bigger, and at the same time reduce the total number of small, individual miners, or do we want to keep as much decentralization as we can?

we could have GB blocks i can still point my cpu mining power at a pool.  and yes we want these pools to be as big as possible, no pools do not centralized bitcoin, at any point in time poeple can switch pool or create a new one, if they don't like how a pool operates.

no miner will be adversely affected by a block size increase.

your best argument would be to focus on full node count, but i'm ready for that one too.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 05:53:23 AM

Hey Core!

lol good night bitcoin.

Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:17:40 AM

It's not very polite to kill people while they're having lunch  Wink

So yeah, what's your counter-argument regarding full nodes count?

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:24:54 AM

They're not having lunch, they're presenting slides:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344522.msg13911132#msg13911132

Full nodes are a right, not a rasb pi privilege.

orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:52:19 AM

"pissed off" lol!

Panties all in a bunch. Grin
Rescue Squad

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:45:05 AM

'All your nodes are belong to us'  Grin
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:58:44 AM

Dude, this is not rocket science, if you have 10 spots and the cost is 1 to fill a spot and you have 100 people paying 1 there's still only 10 spots available, if 50 people pay 2 to get a spot still 10 spots available, if 30 pay 3, still 10 spots, it means there's always 90 people waiting, it doesn't matter how big the fee is.
Nonsense. Then you obviously have a flawed understanding of how the system works. The fee system helps determine the priority of the transaction. If you are a cheap average Joe who does not include the recommended fee then waiting is on you. Regardless of how many spots there are in the block, Lauda's transactions will always end up confirming in the first block. This is because my included fee tends to be much higher than what others include.

And if bitcoin never scales it will be always like that, because people will stop using it because the system is not reliable.
Like I said, damage is already done, block size increase should have happened months ago, people wanted to show who's in charge by pushing their way no matter the cost, it's done, they're the bosses now, good for them.
1) No damage has been done.
2) The system is working as intended.
3) The increase in capacity is coming with Segwit.
Any other nonsense that needs correcting?

Sybil attack.  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:26:43 AM

I hate the non-vested economic majority. Fuck them dead.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

real and proper full nodes?

well current rules are based on 0.11.2 and anything older then that is not a full node, but a relay node. seeing as they cannot verify information they have not got the rules for as some features have changed.

so imagine it this way

core has 2499 up to date full nodes
then if we look at the other nodes that have the 0.11.2 latest rules PLUS the desire for 2mb...
2mb imps have over 1000 (classic+bu+xt)(30%+)

now.. when the core fanboys upgrade to segwit. not all of those 2500 regular updaters will stick to being full archival mode versions.. we could see as many as 500+ prefer to be the pruned no witness nodes. thus diluting down the amounts of real uptodate nodes with the latest rules that fully validate the blockchain.

basically only 2000 nodes fully validating segwit transactions/blocks

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:49:32 AM

No. You can't blame the product (i.e. Bitcoin) because the user does not know how to use it (i.e. include proper fees). I've never had any problems with this.

Me neither. I don't understand what the issue is. Coinbase pays the fee for the user and it is very fast, bitcoin-core has a slider you can adjust that tells you the approximate wait time based upon the current setting.

I guess a lot of newbies must be using inferior services and wallets. That needs to change.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:06:21 AM

now.. when the core fanboys upgrade to segwit. not all of those 2500 regular updaters will stick to being full archival mode versions.. we could see as many as 500+ prefer to be the pruned no witness nodes. thus diluting down the amounts of real uptodate nodes with the latest rules that fully validate the blockchain.

basically only 2000 nodes fully validating segwit transactions/blocks

Or you could see a number of users saying - hey this new faster core with pruning looks better than a 3rd party wallet. I'm going to start using it.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:12:02 AM

Shit i have to pay 1000 satoshi more for my transactions.

Where will i get hold of this huge amount of money? Better raise that blocksize to 1 GB fast.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:45:13 AM

if poeple believe node count is dangerously low, they will sign up to a free AWS account and fire up a node.
so, node count is and always be at least as high as what poeple think is acceptable.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:47:41 AM

Shit i have to pay 1000 satoshi more for my transactions.

Where will i get hold of this huge amount of money? Better raise that blocksize to 1 GB fast.

fees will not rise substantially, thats not the issue, the issue is the line up will grow substantially .

believing fees will rise is like saying if i only produce 1 pizza a day i can sell it for 10,000$ because 1000 poeple want 1 pizza / day

believe or not your not the only pizzeria in town.

already customers are discovering they like hamburgers as well ( ETH )

imran$$

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:51:09 AM

yah i m  mad ! mad about doing thngs perfectly and mad about earning Cheesy wht typ of mad are u ?
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 10:55:59 AM

I think people often see credit card as instant when it is not. Only the authorization is instant. The transaction itself doesn't happen sometimes for days.

With Bitcoin, you can look at a transaction with 0 confirmations as an auth. Once out on the system and relayed around, double spending it is very difficult if you are not a miner, so unless it is a high value - you don't really need to worry about whether it confirms within 1 or 17 hours.

It's still faster than credit card and unlike credit card, it can't be undone days later (aside from a 51% attack)

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: