Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:36:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinQuickStart.com simplifies things for newbies  (Read 1890 times)
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 10:11:59 PM

Well they won't win any awards, but I have just grabbed the BitcoinQuickStart title text and made:

and

Coinster < Are you ok if I use the second one as the icon for the link to your site on multibit.org ? Better than a raw text link.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinster (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:04:12 PM

I've put a link to this guide on the multibit.org landing page as I think it is pretty good.
(Bottom right of multibit.org/index.html )

Would be nice to have a medium sized "BitcoinQuickStart.com" icon to use for the link as it is somewhat swamped by the LoveBitcoins.org one next to it.

Well they won't win any awards, but I have just grabbed the BitcoinQuickStart title text and made:

and

Coinster < Are you ok if I use the second one as the icon for the link to your site on multibit.org ? Better than a raw text link.

Awesome! Yes, thanks that looks great  Grin
HBBZ

Activity: 570
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:40:47 PM

Do newbies need a quick start?

No, they don't. Newbies don't need a quick start unless they're interested in selling or buying drugs or something. These are urgent needs that demand an anonymous payment. Can you tell me why they should replace dollars and credit cards with bitcoin at this stage taking safety, conveniences and transaction fees into consideration?

Maybe the most sincere design is to show them how to buy and sell bitcoins as ordinary commodity and earn some dollars.

Frankly I don't expect to see a large number of newbies hyped into bitcoin circle with nothing gained after a long period of anxiety and expectation in vain. I'm not being rude, but being practical and sincere Smiley
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 06:10:11 PM

I've put a link to this guide on the multibit.org landing page as I think it is pretty good.
(Bottom right of multibit.org/index.html )

Would be nice to have a medium sized "BitcoinQuickStart.com" icon to use for the link as it is somewhat swamped by the LoveBitcoins.org one next to it.

and

Awesome! Yes, thanks that looks great  Grin

Great! I have updated the landing and faq pages with the icon.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:26:30 PM

No, they don't. Newbies don't need a quick start unless they're interested in selling or buying drugs or something. These are urgent needs that demand an anonymous payment. Can you tell me why they should replace dollars and credit cards with bitcoin at this stage taking safety, conveniences and transaction fees into consideration?

Yes, yes they do.  So they don't need to spend hours looking for good information, reading the stuff they already know over and over again.
Also, this way they can feel that they know enough to get started.

As for the drugs stuff: I am not here to buy drugs.  I am here to invest/speculate in what could become a mayor currency and store of value in the future.  And (with the exception of the syncing/scalability issue) I find, once you are set up, using bitcoins is extremely easy and fun.  Future convenience and safety will only improve as the bitcoin-economy matures.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:29:54 PM

One more navigation suggestion: As well as a 'Return to Homepage' link at the bottom, have a link to the next section (to allow a nice flow of reading & education) such as: 'Next: What is Mining?'

This is one of the best new bitcoin-related sites in quite a while. Great job!
HBBZ

Activity: 570

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:35:09 AM

Yes, yes they do.  So they don't need to spend hours looking for good information, reading the stuff they already know over and over again.
Also, this way they can feel that they know enough to get started.

As for the drugs stuff: I am not here to buy drugs.  I am here to invest/speculate in what could become a mayor currency and store of value in the future.  And (with the exception of the syncing/scalability issue) I find, once you are set up, using bitcoins is extremely easy and fun.  Future convenience and safety will only improve as the bitcoin-economy matures.

I'm just playing the role of antagonist Cool. Of course beginners need quick start. I care about the facts concerning the profitability of both beginners and website owners, and optimize the market position in this context.

Since you annouce that "I am here to invest/speculate in what could become a mayor currency and store of value in the future", It can be assumed that you agree that bitcoin is not a currency for the time being, at least not fully-fledged. What is it now if less than 10% or 5% of the bitcoins are in circulation serving as medium of transaction? A sleeping beauty, or a gambling? What do you call bitcoin exchange? I would definitely call it operator of a biggest ponzi scheme if/when more than 50% of all the available coins are actively traded. All the hypers and the exchange stand in one side who make profit by so-called speculation, beginners lose money and bitcoin is dumped.

A grim picture, isn't it?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: