Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:37:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap 2x 125x125 Advertisement Slot! Starting bid 0.0025 BTC!  (Read 1171 times)
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:04:53 PM

Site: http://bitrevenues.com/
Domain Age: 1 Years old
Alexa Rank: 1 047 070
Estimated Monthly Unique Traffic - http://www.siteworthtraffic.com: 9 600
Estimated Monthly Unique Traffic - http://www.trafficestimate.com: 13 800
Estimated Monthly Unique Traffic - https://a-ads.com: 175.

BitRevenues is a free Bitcoin lottery site that uses provably fair method to select winner. It have a good reputation among Bitcointalk users as seen from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1108727.

Most of the traffic come from Bitcointalk and various online money making forums. BitRevenues is also starting to generate some traffic from search engine. It is ranked in the first page of DuckDuckGo, Google and Bing for the keyword "Free Bitcoin Lottery".

Two traffic estimators state that BitRevenues receive more than 5000 monthly unique visitors. I'd say it is not so accurate. I would personally say that I receive 100 to 300 unique visitors per month looking at my database. And I foresee a strong growth next month - one reason being that I will be purchasing some impression on popular Bitcoin faucets.

Just this month we paid out a total of 0.008194506 BTC to three lucky winners. More and more people is visiting BitRevenues everyday. In order to increase the reward that can be given out to members, I decided to run a auction here at Bitcointalk.

There will be two 125x125 advertisement slots up for grab. The two advertisement slots can be see at http://bitrevenues.com/. Even though it is not in good position but I can still say that it will generate some attention.

If you won the auction, your 125x125 image(s) will be placed at BitRevenues.com from 05 March 2016 to end of March 2016.

Starting Bid: 0.0025 BTC (just a dollar!)
Bid increment: 0.0005 BTC (duh, dont give up!)*
Auction end: 04 March 2016 0000 - GMT +0000.

No escrow will be used and you will have to send me the Bitcoin first^.

* Bid increment will be increased if the winning bid is a lot higher than original starting bid to prevent spamming.

^ Escrow will only be accepted if the winning bid is above 0.025 BTC and the bidder want an escrow.

To make thing simple, I will follow theymos "Advertise on this forum" bidding rules.

Quote from: theymos (slightly edited by jacktheking)
Auction rules

Post your bids in this thread. Prices must be stated in BTC per slot. You must state the maximum number of slots you want. When the auction ends, the highest bidders will have their slots filled until all nine two slots are filled.

So if someone bids for 2 slots @ 1 BTC and this is the highest bid, then he'll get all 2 slots. If the two highest bids are 2 slots @ 1 BTC and 1 slot @ 2 BTC, then the first person will get 1 slot and the second person will get 1 slot.

The notation "2 @ 1" means 2 slots for 1 BTC each. Not 2 slots for 5 BTC total.

- When you post a bid, the bids in your previous posts are considered to be automatically canceled. You can put multiple bids in one post, however.
- If two people bid at the same price, the person who bid first will have his slots filled first.
- Bids are considered invalid and will be ignored if they do not specify both a price and a max quantity, or if they could not possibly win any slots

If these rules are confusing, look at some of the past forum ad auctions to see how it's done (such as https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1341175.0).

I reserve the right to reject bids, even days after the bid is made.

You must pay for your slots within 24 hours of receiving the payment address. Otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else, and I might even give you a negative trust rating. I will send you the payment information via forum PM from this account ("jacktheking", user ID 146984) after announcing the auction results in this thread. You might receive false payment information from scammers pretending to be me. They might even have somewhat similar usernames. Be careful.

If you have any more question, feel free to post them in this thread. If you find some errors in this thread, kindly inform me.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:55:01 AM

Why are you using traffic estimators to tell us about how much unique views site receives per month ?
You can use google analytics and can show us some solid proofs of having solid traffic
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 12:29:33 PM

Why are you using traffic estimators to tell us about how much unique views site receives per month ?
You can use google analytics and can show us some solid proofs of having solid traffic

That is a good question. I do not have access to the data of Google Analytic as I have not verified my site with them yet. Cry
The only analysis I uses is Clicky. However when I logged into the dashboard a few days ago, it said it have stopped tracking my site. Their tracking will only be activated if I log into their dashboard frequently - once every 60 days.

I do understand that traffic estimators don't give accurate result. And that is why I also included A-ads traffic count. I also added my own prediction based on the total number of tickets claimed as seen from my database.
I welcome any bid and question. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:07:03 PM

That is a good question. I do not have access to the data of Google Analytic as I have not verified my site with them yet. Cry
The only analysis I uses is Clicky. However when I logged into the dashboard a few days ago, it said it have stopped tracking my site. Their tracking will only be activated if I log into their dashboard frequently - once every 60 days.

I do understand that traffic estimators don't give accurate result. And that is why I also included A-ads traffic count. I also added my own prediction based on the total number of tickets claimed as seen from my database.

According to a-ads slot your site is getting 1400 page impressions per week and 2000 impressions per week with Blockadz.

Don't get me wrong or think like I am ruining your thread because this is just a suggestion
User can get a 728*90 header slot for just 0.0006 btc if they tries to purchase 8000(2000*4) impressions through blockadz. Then why someone will buy a 125*125 slot for more than 4 times price. If you don't believe me then you can check your blockadz ad stats. Everything is crystal clear there

As I said this is just a suggestion because I don't want you to waste your time searching for an advertiser on where you can't get.
Hope this won't hurt you  Smiley
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:15:29 AM

According to a-ads slot your site is getting 1400 page impressions per week and 2000 impressions per week with Blockadz.

Don't get me wrong or think like I am ruining your thread because this is just a suggestion
User can get a 728*90 header slot for just 0.0006 btc if they tries to purchase 8000(2000*4) impressions through blockadz. Then why someone will buy a 125*125 slot for more than 4 times price. If you don't believe me then you can check your blockadz ad stats. Everything is crystal clear there

As I said this is just a suggestion because I don't want you to waste your time searching for an advertiser on where you can't get.
Hope this won't hurt you  Smiley

Thank you for your comment and I agree with you. If I were an advertiser, I would also choose to pay for a cheaper and better advertisement slot. Hence you are right. I am not sure if there will be any one bidding for this "cheap" 125x125 slots but I will keep this thread open. If no bid were received by the end of the auction, I will use the two slots for some other thing.

I have already came up with an idea as to what to use them for if there is no bid - something that will still help my site.

ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:16:15 PM

if i get it for one dollar why not - i bid 0.0025BTC

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
SayMeHello

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:02:18 AM

As can I see you have no clicks to a-ads and adbit banners. So what is the point to advertise on your site?
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:12:13 AM

Thank you for bidding. So you are bidding for one 125x125 Ad Slot at 0.0025 BTC.

As can I see you have no clicks to a-ads and adbit banners. So what is the point to advertise on your site?

Even though the click rate is very low on BitRevenues but you can at least increase your site awareness in the crypto world. I mean ... they might not click on your advertisement but they somehow know your site exist.

Anyway, with the low click rates, you can be sure that my website obtain legitimate traffics and clicks. Hence you can ensure that your advertisement is viewed by real people.

ca333

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:42:21 PM

Thank you for bidding. So you are bidding for one 125x125 Ad Slot at 0.0025 BTC.

Even though the click rate is very low on BitRevenues but you can at least increase your site awareness in the crypto world. I mean ... they might not click on your advertisement but they somehow know your site exist.

Anyway, with the low click rates, you can be sure that my website obtain legitimate traffics and clicks. Hence you can ensure that your advertisement is viewed by real people.

alright - let us make it more specific. i am bidding for the left 125x125 Ad Slot at 0.0025 BTC

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:34:16 AM

alright - let us make it more specific. i am bidding for the left 125x125 Ad Slot at 0.0025 BTC

Noted down. Thank you for your continue interest.

SayMeHello

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:31:43 PM

What type of banners are alowwed? Static/animated banners or text only? Are redirects allowed (like CoinURL links)?
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:49:18 AM

What type of banners are alowwed? Static/animated banners or text only? Are redirects allowed (like CoinURL links)?

Non animated and animated are allowed. I will allow redirect such as CoinURL or Goo.gl*. All advertised site, however, must not be NSFW - gambling site are still allowed though.

* but why would an advertiser do that?

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:54:43 PM

I bid BTC 0.005

Smiley
SayMeHello

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:38:35 PM

CoinURL means one more page with ads between banner and target site. It's annoying Smiley People see the interesting ad and click to it and they see random pile of ads instead the site they wanted.
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 11:41:19 AM

I bid BTC 0.005

Thank you for you bid. How many slot(s) are you bidding for?

Please bid in this format next time:

2 @ 0.005 - 2 slots at 0.005 Bitcoin;
1 @ 0.003 - 1 slot at 0.003 Bitcoin;

CoinURL means one more page with ads between banner and target site. It's annoying Smiley People see the interesting ad and click to it and they see random pile of ads instead the site they wanted.

Oh I see. So why will an advertiser spend money (in our case, Bitcoin) trolling others? I know my auction starting bid is cheap but please dont do this. Sad.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:23:33 PM

bid 2 @ 0.005

Smiley
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:04:48 PM

bid 2 @ 0.005

Bid accepted. That mean a total of 0.01 BTC for two slots. I never expect this to go so high. Thank you for bidding.

Auction will be ending in soon.

jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:51:06 AM

Auction ended. @ izanagi won two slots at 0.005 BTC each - total of 0.01 BTC. I will contact izanagi via PM.

Thanks everyone for bidding (ca333 and izanagi).

ca333

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:07:18 PM

Auction ended. @ izanagi won two slots at 0.005 BTC each - total of 0.01 BTC. I will contact izanagi via PM.

oh darn i missed this one. congratulations to the winner! @jacktheking: will you be auctioning the ads-space again in future?

jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:33:22 AM

oh darn i missed this one. congratulations to the winner! @jacktheking: will you be auctioning the ads-space again in future?

Yes I will definitely be auctioning advertisements space on BitRevenues again. Smiley. Locking this thread now. Smiley.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: