Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:46:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Consensus Reached  (Read 5218 times)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:56:12 PM

Funny on the picture in OP is that there are only guys. No women at all. I guess some female ideas would be a good step forward.

I also was firstly searching for Yellen, but then noticed - other issue ...

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
bankingbtc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:56:15 PM

all i see is a PR release designed to try to keep the market calm as the whales try to pump the price on the back of the halving expectations of the hopeful. Psychological operations.
boy are poeple gonna be fucking pissed off if this turn out to be the case.
im kinda pissed off already, they said that they have reached "consensus" but all the things were just delayed once again, the problems were neither solved nor became anywhere closer to be solved
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:57:33 PM

all i see is a PR release designed to try to keep the market calm as the whales try to pump the price on the back of the halving expectations of the hopeful. Psychological operations.
No. Stop posting nonsense.

boy are poeple gonna be fucking pissed off if this turn out to be the case.
They are effectively are risking everything by an official statement. Just don't look at /r/btc right now, everyone is going 'rage mode' on Core.

im kinda pissed off already, they said that they have reached "consensus" but all the things were just delayed once again, the problems were neither solved nor became anywhere closer to be solved
Obviously you are not someone who is familiar with the underlying technology nor the development process. Unless you understand the complexity of the system, you need not complain about "delaying". Segwit is coming as planned and the HF grace period was expected.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bankingbtc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:00:44 PM

Obviously you are not someone who is familiar with the underlying technology nor the development process. Unless you understand the complexity of the system, you need not complain about "delaying".
i get your point, im not too familiar with it but does it really have to be delayed by that long? it has been delayed a couple of times now and im pretty sure that now there is a huge potential that it will not happen or that something else will interrupt this from happening
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:04:55 PM

i get your point, im not too familiar with it but does it really have to be delayed by that long? it has been delayed a couple of times now and im pretty sure that now there is a huge potential that it will not happen or that something else will interrupt this from happening
You are being told that it is being delayed constantly, but it is not. The events unfolded somewhere like this:
There was no consensus -> workshops were organized (to which Hearn refused to come) -> short term solution presented in December 2015 (workshop) -> consensus on solution (workshop) -> work began imminently. Then after the Classic nonsense appeared it "broke consensus" with their contentious HF.
Roundtable was organized (another workshop - waste of time and money) to officially reach consensus and to confirm what we initially knew: Segwit in April -> infrastructural improvements Q3/4 2016 & Q1/Q2 2017 -> HF Q3 2017.
Also keep in mind that both Gavin and Garzik were invited to this with all expenses paid, but they couldn't come because they're "busy" (if the source hasn't provided false information).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:06:12 PM

This announcement ain't gonna stop the bitching or unite people. They've bought themselves an extra couple of years. I don't think a lot of people will wait that long and I don't think they'll be willing to listen to reason even if it is well thought out.
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:06:34 PM

Obviously you are not someone who is familiar with the underlying technology nor the development process. Unless you understand the complexity of the system, you need not complain about "delaying". Segwit is coming as planned and the HF grace period was expected.

If I understood correctly it's not really a delay but just the necessary time to develop and implement in a safe way what has been decided no?

bitbitch

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:28:25 PM

the Treaty of Versailles worked well for a while and then the shit hit the fan.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:32:16 PM

The Bitcoin Community is proving to be mature enough to reach consensus on such an important issue. Hope this will be the norm in the future when vital decisions need to be taken.

Under construction.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:35:55 PM

Some would argue that the shit hit the fan because of that treaty.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:39:01 PM

This announcement ain't gonna stop the bitching or unite people. They've bought themselves an extra couple of years. I don't think a lot of people will wait that long and I don't think they'll be willing to listen to reason even if it is well thought out.

Well everyone who is not satisfied with this is free to leave at any time.
No one is forcing anybody to stay.There are several other coins out there you can choose if you want.
Laosai

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:39:56 PM

Some would argue that it has nothing to do with btc consensus...

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:50:15 PM

Some would argue that bitbitch was making a future Bitcoin/bitcoin prediction/comment based on a real world historical result.
Thus, my comment, would be in that context of future Bitcoin/bitcoin prediction/comment.

Sorry neither of us put any bitcoin signifiers in there for your approval and understanding.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

This is not a consensus, just a statement from FOMC meeting. And these miners seems never stick to their words: One day they support classic, another day they support blockstream, I guess next time they will have their own devs and support nobody

Blockstream obviously does not want to raise the block size, if they do, then they can do it today right now. So their plan is to first send LN into rail. But in order to make people use LN, they must limit the transaction on chain, so they will come up with another idea later, like 99% consensus HF.  But someone already raised legal issues about LN hubs, they are financial institution and must be regulated in US, and not allowed in China

So far nothing more interesting than the old style enterprise politics power grab, I hoped bitcoin can do better but obviously almost all the things that have lots of value ends up like this

Laosai

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:53:55 PM

Some would argue that bitbitch was making a future Bitcoin/bitcoin prediction/comment based on a real world historical result.
Thus, my comment, would be in that context of future Bitcoin/bitcoin prediction/comment.

Sorry neither of us put any bitcoin signifiers in there for your approval and understanding.

Sorry I should have quoted bitbitch not you ^^

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:54:35 PM

This hard-fork is expected to include features which are currently being discussed within technical communities, including an increase in the maximum effective block size, to more than 2 MB and less than 4 MB, and will only be adopted with a broad support across the entire Bitcoin community. -We will run a SegWit release in production by the time such a hard-fork is released in a version of Bitcoin Core.

does this line imply 2MB + segwit  or just segwit

its not clear

I'm taking it as a both 2MB + segwit.

Segwit right meow.

No more nonsense about contentious hard forks.

2mb eventually but Not Tonight Dear.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:07:38 PM

I'm seeing Segwit in April and code for 2MB in June, but then no implementation of 2 MB blocks until July 2017. Is that right? Or is it a typo and should be 2016? 13 months seems a long while. Let's hope Segwit can fill the intervening void adequately.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:12:28 PM

So after this consenus we should expect a stronger bitcoin and a higher and more stable price?

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:12:42 PM

They have to deliver Segwit in April and they have to propose a hard fork by July. If Core doesn't fulfill these conditions then they will lose their respect and trust.
They are delivering a HF proposal by July, and this does not mean that the HF will get implemented (even though the average block size will likely be near the effective maximum by then). It would not be difficult to effectively torpedo a maximum block size increase by putting something controversial in the HF.

This is the loophole. If core blockstream proposes a HF that includes controversial changes along with an increase in the maximum block size then such HF will not get adopted.
Not controversial features, fixes I'd say. Fixes that might be needed (e.g. Time-warp attack).
But if they wanted to, they could put controversial features in a HF, right?
nakedbitcoins

Activity: 300

Nakedbitcoins.com !

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:19:05 PM

I'm not entirely sure consensus has been reached.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: