Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins to Charity ( SCAM ALERT!)  (Read 1980 times)
siesatsu (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2013, 06:01:36 AM by John (johnthedong)

After watching this heart breaking video detailing starving children in Africa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-7BT33PnY

I have decided to do something good with my life,  

I have personally donated 30 bitcoins which is about 500$ to the Amani Kinderdorf foundation that provides food for starving children in Africa. I encourage you to do as I have done as the Bitcoins go to a great cause.

To encourage more people to donate I have decided to donate 1/5 of your donation to the charity of your choosing on Bitcoins to Charity. For example if a donation of two bitcoins is made I will personally donate .4 to that charity. Make sure to post the Blockchain transaction on this thread for proof of your donation.

Depending on how big this thread gets I may have to stop with my donations, but I am willing to donate up to 100 Bitcoins this way.
Cheers, god bless!

edit by mod: original links points to Bitcoins TO Charity, which is a scamming site!

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siesatsu (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 03:35:09 PM

Comon..No one?
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:04:20 AM

This seems like a scam. If your intentions are purely good-I'm sorry no one has replied.  The thing is people work hard for BTC and wont donate them to some unknown charity. Do you know if 100% of funds go to the charity? Because by law, to be called a "charity" you only need to use the funds for some majority of "charitable causes".
People may donate if you give more info on the charity and if you talk about why it matters so much to you. Also, they would probably like a receipt of some kind. The best thing you could do: prove you made the donation you say you did.
Just FYI. I hope your motives are good and things work out.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 10:59:06 AM

This seems like a scam. If your intentions are purely good-I'm sorry no one has replied.  The thing is people work hard for BTC and wont donate them to some unknown charity. Do you know if 100% of funds go to the charity? Because by law, to be called a "charity" you only need to use the funds for some majority of "charitable causes".
People may donate if you give more info on the charity and if you talk about why it matters so much to you. Also, they would probably like a receipt of some kind. The best thing you could do: prove you made the donation you say you did.

From wikipedia:

Amani Children's Village
Jump to: navigation , search

The association Amani Children's Village organization builds and operates villages for orphans in Tanzania and promotes the education and training of children. Until now, the first is Amani Children's Village in Kilolo , near the town of Iringa . A second village in Kitwiru also near Iringa, is under construction. Amani Swahili language and means peace.

Founded in 2001, the Amani Children's Village organization has set itself the task to build villages for orphans in Tanzania and operate. Because of the HIV epidemic in Africa, there are more than one million AIDS orphans in Tanzania, which require comprehensive care, as the extended family and neighbors in many places not in a position to provide these orphans with basic necessities. In 2001, with the construction of the first houses in the village children in Kilolo in the Iringa region was begun in the southern highlands of Tanzania. Today, the Amani Children's Village Kilolo of six children worldwide and is now complete.

It sounds like an legitimate charity. HOWEVER, "Bitcoins anonymously donated to this organization: 29.31224931 BTC" isn't 30 BTC. I also think that other people probably donated too.
siesatsu (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:38:12 PM

From wikipedia:

Amani Children's Village
Jump to: navigation , search

The association Amani Children's Village organization builds and operates villages for orphans in Tanzania and promotes the education and training of children. Until now, the first is Amani Children's Village in Kilolo , near the town of Iringa . A second village in Kitwiru also near Iringa, is under construction. Amani Swahili language and means peace.

Founded in 2001, the Amani Children's Village organization has set itself the task to build villages for orphans in Tanzania and operate. Because of the HIV epidemic in Africa, there are more than one million AIDS orphans in Tanzania, which require comprehensive care, as the extended family and neighbors in many places not in a position to provide these orphans with basic necessities. In 2001, with the construction of the first houses in the village children in Kilolo in the Iringa region was begun in the southern highlands of Tanzania. Today, the Amani Children's Village Kilolo of six children worldwide and is now complete.

It sounds like an legitimate charity. HOWEVER, "Bitcoins anonymously donated to this organization: 29.31224931 BTC" isn't 30 BTC. I also think that other people probably donated too.

The 29.3 bitcoins is from my 30 bitcoin donation. I was told a small percentage goes towards site upkeep and maintenance. And Johnie, please explain to me how in the world this could be a scam, if you believe the site is a scam I suggest you do your research. Bitcoins For Charity is the biggest and most trusted charity for donating Bitcoins to charities that accept Bitcoins.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:52:22 PM

He's trying to do his research.

Who owns this site? Where is the proof they donated the BTC shown to this foundation? You claim this site is the "largest and most trusted." - by whom? I am not familiar with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: