Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC will crash litecoin  (Read 13308 times)
Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:20:33 PM

Please don't move your GPU's to LTC...

More for me.

how many GPU's at your disposal?

Enough to pay all my bills. Smiley

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dooferorg

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:31:32 PM

when ASIC comes out,

everyone mining with a graphics card is going to switch to litecoin, but will not be as optimistic on litecoin and will sell the litecoins as they come in.
this will crash the litecoins and will present the best buying opportunity their ever was?

LTC to BTC is already going downhill fast, even with the 'news' that Avalon shipped. People dumping LTC preemptively?

Does make me wonder who is even buying Litecoins in the first place. Not that I mind, I've sold plenty of Litecoins for Bitcoins, even though I wonder what people do with them Cheesy

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:38:34 PM

when ASIC comes out,

everyone mining with a graphics card is going to switch to litecoin, but will not be as optimistic on litecoin and will sell the litecoins as they come in.
this will crash the litecoins and will present the best buying opportunity their ever was?

LTC to BTC is already going downhill fast, even with the 'news' that Avalon shipped. People dumping LTC preemptively?

Does make me wonder who is even buying Litecoins in the first place. Not that I mind, I've sold plenty of Litecoins for Bitcoins, even though I wonder what people do with them Cheesy

look at LTC in USD terms.

if you compare gold to bitcoin all the time it looks like gold is losing value but its not

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

when ASIC comes out,

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e

Huh

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

when ASIC comes out,

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=6-months&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=btc-e

Huh

less volatile lately; you like?

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:11:14 AM

when ASIC comes out,

not I

i'll be selling all my stuff and getting out entirely. 

and nogleg will be recommissioned for a different purpose!
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 08:25:08 PM

when ASIC comes out,

not I

i'll be selling all my stuff and getting out entirely. 

and nogleg will be recommissioned for a different purpose!

Do u want to sell you GPU's to me ...lol...serious lol  Huh

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 08:28:04 PM

how do you feel now adam? holding your ground

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 09:28:21 PM

how do you feel now adam? holding your ground

i have a bid for LTC, its low, and gets close to getting filled every once in a while, I'm hoping to see more GPU mine the shit out of LTC and fill my bid.

LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:31:12 AM

During the last two weeks :

Network hashrate has increased from 400 to 1,800 Gh
LTC has gone from 0.06 to 0.4 USD
LTC has gone from 0.004 to 0.01 BTC.

These are the facts ladies and gentlemen and you can speculate how you wish about them.

I noticed that for a while LTC stayed relatively constant against BTC and concluded that the rally with BTC was dragging up the value of LTC. LTC was riding the coattails of BTC.

Now I note LTC appears to be rallying independantly of BTC. I suspect that, with all the publicity lately surrounding BTC, miners who have a choice between retiring their rigs or mining LTC choosing the later and investors who wished they had speculated on BTC finding out about LTC, this will continue.

No doubt the LTC economy needs to grow, but this growth would have to be a natural progression resulting from an increased number of people involved in that economy. I believe that is what we are seeing now.

Yes, LTC is underdeveloped compared to BTC, however when one considers it's youth, and that it's progression is eased by increasing interest in, and acceptance of BTC, I would say it's not time to write it off just yet. Wink

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:32:54 PM

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

forgot to mention.............

ASIC will crash Litecoin to higher than before the great litecoin rally of 2013  Cool

BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

2TH of btc miners down, 18TH to go  Grin

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

2TH of btc miners down, 18TH to go  Grin

maybe 20% will switch to litecoin Smiley

2TH=2GH litecoin mining power. our network is only 2Ghash everyone remember........ MUAHAHAH!!!

Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:09:04 PM

What I don't get is why these GPU miners are keeping the LTC instead of selling them for BTC, as OP predicted, and as I would have guessed.

It looks like a few GPU farms have made the switch to LTC, and so now the LTC that would usually go straight on the market is being held, thus limiting the supply.

This is great as long as they hold them, or sell them very slowly, because once they dump them, it's gonna be a looooong way down for the LTC exchange.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:13:13 PM

What I don't get is why these GPU miners are keeping the LTC instead of selling them for BTC, as OP predicted, and as I would have guessed.

It looks like a few GPU farms have made the switch to LTC, and so now the LTC that would usually go straight on the market is being held, thus limiting the supply.

This is great as long as they hold them, or sell them very slowly, because once they dump them, it's gonna be a looooong way down for the LTC exchange.

do you fail to forget the amount of LTC being created stays the same and is adjusted every 2.5 days?

Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:25:43 PM

do you fail to forget the amount of LTC being created stays the same and is adjusted every 2.5 days?

Are you high? That's exactly how a GPU farm would cause a shortage of LTC, by having a large portion of the network, thus lowering the number of coins going to everyone else...
yoodles

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:30:37 PM

420, I can tell by your pots you have a lot of time invested in Ltc. And that you pray it will be rising to the stars and back.

The simple fact is currently all that is funding this PUSH in Litecoins is the flock of miners rushing to Ltc as they are unable to continue to mine Btc efficiently. As well as several people with large amounts of Btc looking to diversify there assets believing that Ltc is going Bullish. (which it most certainly is) This "rise" is unnatural, and not sparked by demand but simply by speculation with no real market liquidity.

Currently the price is holding at the .70 mark, with several large and rapid drops into the .45-.55 range. Ltc is immensely unsteady and the current vigorous fluctuations show this. There is confidence in Ltc to support the current price. Unfortunately it will not last. I don't even give it till the end of the month before dropping down rapidly to .15-.25

Please feel free to quote me on this at the months end.

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:34:22 PM

Are you high? That's exactly how a GPU farm would cause a shortage of LTC, by having a large portion of the network, thus lowering the number of coins going to everyone else...

and you're saying it was not happening before in any significance

yoodles you're free to make bets and bet in the betsofbitco.in
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1321
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1322
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1305
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=1297

a lot of those bets should be ended but you get the idea, make your own

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 11:03:57 PM

420, I can tell by your pots you have a lot of time invested in Ltc. And that you pray it will be rising to the stars and back.

The simple fact is currently all that is funding this PUSH in Litecoins is the flock of miners rushing to Ltc as they are unable to continue to mine Btc efficiently. As well as several people with large amounts of Btc looking to diversify there assets believing that Ltc is going Bullish. (which it most certainly is) This "rise" is unnatural, and not sparked by demand but simply by speculation with no real market liquidity.

Currently the price is holding at the .70 mark, with several large and rapid drops into the .45-.55 range. Ltc is immensely unsteady and the current vigorous fluctuations show this. There is confidence in Ltc to support the current price. Unfortunately it will not last. I don't even give it till the end of the month before dropping down rapidly to .15-.25

Please feel free to quote me on this at the months end.

Quoted. Good luck  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: