Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Helping the Bitcoin Foundation is now as easy as logging into...  (Read 907 times)
Mt.Gox_Alex (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 08:15:13 AM

Helping the Bitcoin Foundation is now as easy as logging into your Mt.Gox account.

Mt.Gox is, like many other Bitcoin professionals and enthusiasts, a strong supporter of the Bitcoin Foundation. This is why, today, we would like to announce that we have decided to make everyone’s life easier, when it comes to donation to the Foundation, by implementing a new dedicated Withdrawal method, uniquely designed for this organization!

To donate, simply login to your Mt.Gox account, select “FUNDING OPTIONS” then “Withdraw Funds” and finally choose “Bitcoin Foundation” in the withdraw method's drop-down.

Please remember that supporting the Bitcoin Foundation is supporting Bitcoin. Whatever you can donate will be, of course, greatly appreciated!

Finally note that while Mt.Gox is a member of the Bitcoin Foundation, all donations given to the Foundation via our interface will go directly and in its totality to the foundation.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 09:34:23 AM

How about ignoring the Foundation, how easy is that?

(Completely unrelated: when will you consider making everyone's life easier by...you know...making it easier to withdraw from MtGox?)

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 09:35:35 AM

Helping the Bitcoin Foundation is now as easy as logging into your Mt.Gox account.

[...]

Finally note that while Mt.Gox is a member of the Bitcoin Foundation, all donations given to the Foundation via our interface will go directly and in its totality to the foundation.
I wonder what the actual motivation is.

Please remember that supporting the Bitcoin Foundation is supporting Bitcoin MtGox's PR fund.
Fixed that one for you.

vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 01:19:28 PM

So I had ~1 bitcoin in my mt gox's account and decided to donate. But bam:

Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification

LOL. The hassle of the verification is hardly worth 1btc atm.. May be in the future.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 01:34:45 PM

So I had ~1 bitcoin in my mt gox's account and decided to donate. But bam:

Your account is currently pending review, please visit https://mtgox.com/forms/verification

LOL. The hassle of the verification is hardly worth 1btc atm.. May be in the future.

Haha, that's beautiful.  Cheesy
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 01:39:13 PM

Finally note that while Mt.Gox is a member on the very board of the Bitcoin Foundation
Oh sorry, I forgot to also fix this other one for you.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

Mt.Gox is, like many other Bitcoin professionals and enthusiasts, a strong supporter of the Bitcoin Foundation. This is why, today, we would like to announce that we have decided to make everyone’s life easier, when it comes to donation to the Foundation, by implementing a new dedicated Withdrawal method, uniquely designed for this organization!

To donate, simply login to your Mt.Gox account, select “FUNDING OPTIONS” then “Withdraw Funds” and finally choose “Bitcoin Foundation” in the withdraw method's drop-down.

Please remember that supporting the Bitcoin Foundation is supporting Bitcoin. Whatever you can donate will be, of course, greatly appreciated!

Supporting Bitcoin Foundation =/= Supporting Bitcoin

Supporting Bitcoin Foundation = Paying Gavin Andresen's Salary while centralizing bitcoin development to a select few

Educating people on bitcoin yourself without a foundation = Supporting bitcoin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:03:11 AM

Good stuff!

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: