Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the network really congested?  (Read 983 times)
abs350

Activity: 481
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:32:08 PM

Basically there are problems ahead but there have been problems since the beginning. People have always known about this blocksize issue from the start. The community can fix these problems when they become serious enough. Its in everyone's interest to fix them.....

Right now there is a big pump & dump going on. Price is being heavily manipulated by someone, and I would say a Chinese.

This amount of pump & dump manipulation (from 365 to 450) is incredible. It is total manipulation by someone (i would say the China exchanges themselves are responsible).

Maybe it also indicates a bear market since usually this kind of manipulation usually can only happen in bear markets.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:41:59 PM

I have experienced a few transactions that have taken over a few hours for the 1st confirmation and i always pay a decent fee. Thats not to say that blocksize was the problem, i dont know enough to say what is, i really on trustworthy devs to explain it to me.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

You can check if it is really congested or not using Statoshi. Nothing better than touching a sensitive topic with data directly from the network.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:23:23 PM

Am I the only one to remember what happened last July? I had one transaction which didn't go through, and another which took more than 12 hours to get confirmed. This may happen again next week. I agree BTC's running fairly well most of the time, but we shall not hide from the fact that we are very close to the limits. To sum it up, we're walking along the cliff!

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
AliceWonderMiscreations (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 07:30:15 PM

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

well we should only be seeing 2500 transactions waiting if there was not a problem as those transactions would be the ones currently next inline to be hashed and confirmed..

but wait.. theres more than 2500 transactions.. = backlog.

and try not to turn the congestion debate into a political debate about gavin or hearne.  the 2mb limit can and should be implemented even by core aswell. so try making it about the code and logistics of it and not a personality debate

If blocksize was the problem then all the blocks would be full when there are more than 2500 transactions,

That isn't the case.

The transactions that are not making it into blocks when the blocks are not full typically have an issue.

My bitcoin-core has the payment slider more than halfway up - and still most transactions are only a penny. People too cheap to pay a penny don't count towards to any alleged backlog.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:31:48 PM

Am I the only one to remember what happened last July? I had one transaction which didn't go through, and another which took more than 12 hours to get confirmed. This may happen again next week. I agree BTC's running fairly well most of the time, but we shall not hide from the fact that we are very close to the limits. To sum it up, we're walking along the cliff!

Seriously?
My average waiting time for 2 conf is about 30 mins I'd say!

So can't really complain ^^

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: