Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaunched https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.0  (Read 9530 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MoCrypto

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:23:23 AM

Memecoins are everywhere, don't know if this will go anywhere. "The official coin of /r9k" would be its joke model. Then again, its now everywhere so the main original user probably won't be where the inspriation was from.

This dev is not original!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1023925.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/pepecoin/
https://twitter.com/pepecoindev
https://github.com/Ninespire/Pepecoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoCrypto

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:30:32 AM

Well, we launched and began mining on our cards, the pools joined in and then there was a MASSIVE hash spike to over 30ghs. Not sure which pool it was on if any, but essentially the chain we were on was different from that of the pools and many other miners. When we referenced what we were seeing on our side with that of the pools we were way off.  This can happen if a pool or user has their time set ahead and mines a lot of blocks with an extremely high rate of hash. The dev team got forked off :/ so we had to start over.

I know that many of you will likely disagree with us and accuse us of an instamine scam. We waited until we saw other miners come online before we started, and many people here mined at block 1 as well. We kept things as fair as we thought was possible. This is backed up by our very rewarding POS system that will be beneficial to many with varying holdings.

We're not out to scam but all dev teams need funds to work with on their projects.

Essentially, it was a "supermine" some of you may remember these from the multi-pool days. It's similar to a 51% attack. 30ghs within 2 minutes is massive, and it created a situation for us that would not be sustainable for the long list of updates, features and community events were going to be hosting. We'd love to have continued with that chain, but we can't when we have 0 coins to work with.

Pepeteam

You launch and cannot instamine enough, so you waste miners money and time. Now you have a smaller competition because not all can spend more to mine again. You waited too long but only dev team benefits from a new launch. You sell a defective product and expect customers to pay for replacement. There is no reason to accuse because you do not need to admit it.
purplejaguar

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:31:30 AM

Well, we launched and began mining on our cards, the pools joined in and then there was a MASSIVE hash spike to over 30ghs. Not sure which pool it was on if any, but essentially the chain we were on was different from that of the pools and many other miners. When we referenced what we were seeing on our side with that of the pools we were way off.  This can happen if a pool or user has their time set ahead and mines a lot of blocks with an extremely high rate of hash. The dev team got forked off :/ so we had to start over.

I know that many of you will likely disagree with us and accuse us of an instamine scam. We waited until we saw other miners come online before we started, and many people here mined at block 1 as well. We kept things as fair as we thought was possible. This is backed up by our very rewarding POS system that will be beneficial to many with varying holdings.

We're not out to scam but all dev teams need funds to work with on their projects.

Essentially, it was a "supermine" some of you may remember these from the multi-pool days. It's similar to a 51% attack. 30ghs within 2 minutes is massive, and it created a situation for us that would not be sustainable for the long list of updates, features and community events were going to be hosting. We'd love to have continued with that chain, but we can't when we have 0 coins to work with.

Pepeteam

So your previous excuse of the gitlab repo being set to private was just bullshit, then?
MoCrypto

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:37:07 AM

So your previous excuse of the gitlab repo being set to private was just bullshit, then?

I think I understand now. All pools and miners were on the wrong chain except for devs! Roll Eyes
pepeteam (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 270

PepeCoin / Memetic Developers

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 04:41:56 AM

Well, we launched and began mining on our cards, the pools joined in and then there was a MASSIVE hash spike to over 30ghs. Not sure which pool it was on if any, but essentially the chain we were on was different from that of the pools and many other miners. When we referenced what we were seeing on our side with that of the pools we were way off.  This can happen if a pool or user has their time set ahead and mines a lot of blocks with an extremely high rate of hash. The dev team got forked off :/ so we had to start over.

Pepeteam

Well, we were working extremely quickly to figure out why what we were seeing on our end, and why what some other users were seeing was different from everyone else, one of the team said that perhaps we forgot to do that and posted that as a response, thats not what happened the git was totally public and fair as we intended. You'd be surprised how many dev teams actually do that on purpose just to throw people off. That's not us. We put lots of time in making sure that the wallet compiled for all users with ease, and we made sure that pools could come online swiftly as observed.

pepeteam
MissCrypto

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:45:39 AM

Could we get a countdown to the relaunch?

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:45:50 AM

Happy to see you guys getting this project back on target and coming clean with what happened.  Disregard all these nuthangers and their fud - this coin has a lot of promise.  

Looking forward to mining the pepe on relaunch.  Hope those greedy bastards don't get an opportunity to hijack the blockchain again!
BuRNiNBoNeS

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:52:00 AM

I'm glad I missed the initial launch, I'd hate to waste my mining on a coin that got forked right off. I'm sticking around for this one, it's gonna be good on the rebound!
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:03:44 AM

kevin1234a
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:06:43 AM

no this one suits pepeteam

pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:08:46 AM

no this one suits pepeteam

AHAHA! keep them coming man!!!! Excited when I can start putting in a few pics Smiley we've assembled a little art team Smiley
kevin1234a
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:10:28 AM

dude get countdown time we cant come on each notification to check might you guys relaunched your pepe

pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:28:09 AM

dude get countdown time we cant come on each notification to check might you guys relaunched your pepe

The issue with the countdown timer is that it may create the same issue with miners getting forked off the chain once again. We will see what we can do once were closer to knowing the exact time of launch.

Kevin, this ones suitable too!

MissCrypto

Activity: 945

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:35:47 AM

Ok I'll just sit tight and wait for the relaunch.

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:56:55 AM

Ok I'll just sit tight and wait for the relaunch.

Smiley we're very excited.
realcryptodisciple

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:24:35 AM

The issue with the countdown timer is that it may create the same issue with miners getting forked off the chain once again. We will see what we can do once were closer to knowing the exact time of launch.

Kevin, this ones suitable too!

No people forked off chain in beginning.  Forking not happened.  

Why you change history?
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:32:47 AM

I might try and mine again. i will not rent anything for this again though
pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 06:57:41 AM

I might try and mine again. i will not rent anything for this again though

Hi Panda,

Thanks for perhaps giving this a second chance Smiley

Pepeteam
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 08:38:32 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2016, 09:04:03 AM by KeyserSozeMC

* KeyserSozeMC waiting patiently for the launch.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
TradeHardOrGoHome

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:45:53 AM

Dev, you said relaunch will be within 24hours. And you said it about 20 hours ago. We are waiting for the relaunch! So c´mon, dude Cheesy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: