Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Android client for the bitcointalk.org forum  (Read 1436 times)
ratava (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:07:25 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 11:27:40 AM by ratava

Unofficial client for the Forum
Now available:
- authorization
- watchlist
- comments
- light/dark theme
- font size
The program will be periodically updated by adding new functions.

Permissions:
network state: Check availability of Internet connection;
internet: Going to need to access the contents of bitcointalk.org;

Application has google ad bottom banner.

Google market link: Bitcoin Talker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:19:33 AM

What would be the difference if I access the forums using your application or simply use a web-browser to access the forums using my phone ?

ratava (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:23:19 AM

What would be the difference if I access the forums using your application or simply use a web-browser to access the forums using my phone ?

Application adapted for mobile phones / tablets with small screens
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:25:54 AM

Application adapted for mobile phones / tablets with small screens

didn't access the forums using android before honestly , so can't really tell you how good/bad the display is .
but you should know that Bitcointalk is creating another forum software (https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk) , so I don't see the need of updating your program etc ... since this forum won't be used anymore (after sometime) . (not sure if epochtalk is going to be compatible with phones though)

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:26:42 AM

Good job! I see that you are working toward a very good application for Bitcointalk. However, please do note that there is already a few Bitcointalk application for Android. Why would one choose you over the other?

Personally, I would rather visit the not mobile-friendly forums than using a third-party application. Showing us your source code might help a little bit.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 12:02:43 PM

In term of it's looks, it's really nice (specially the dark theme) however what would be the assurance of users password not being hacked if they use your application instead of accessing the page using their mobile browsers instead? And also will there be a message attached to each post like saying this comment was made through bitcoin talk app like some other applications before did or it won't say anything?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:17:42 PM

The idea is convinient for android users and for those who want to have a more suitable mobile view ofte forum in a smartphone but the question is, is it safe? The app could have a keylogger or something that can snip the username and password of the user that will use your app to enter the forum.

Unless anyone in here could testify that the app is completely safe then I will be staying for the web view on my smartphone web browser.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:27:12 PM

it would be absolutely nice to have the possibility of being able to use the forum in my mobile without any harassement.
I seriously hope this can be done!
Kareem001

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:04:45 PM

Is this safe? Virus scan available?

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:08:43 PM

I didn't know such an app even existed. I am probably not going to use yours. You're a newbie and it may be a keylogger. I don't know how safe the program is. I prefer Tapatalk over all other apps.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 07:36:14 PM

This isn't a first. I have also written an android app for the forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195830.0) but I stopped working on it. Another user, elbandi, also created an android app (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327238.0) for the forum but that is also no longer being developed.

The best thing that you can do right now is to publish all of the source code for the app so that users here can verify that the source does not contain any malware. Then you also need to make deterministic binaries so that we can verify that the binaries you published are actually built from the published source code.

Kareem001

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:12:28 PM

This isn't a first. I have also written an android app for the forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195830.0) but I stopped working on it. Another user, elbandi, also created an android app (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327238.0) for the forum but that is also no longer being developed.

The best thing that you can do right now is to publish all of the source code for the app so that users here can verify that the source does not contain any malware. Then you also need to make deterministic binaries so that we can verify that the binaries you published are actually built from the published source code.

This!

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:05:13 AM

I might own a newbie account with a desirable username. If I loose the password, I will know it's malware.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Newmba

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:53:50 PM

that's something that was quite needed
venan

Activity: 224

https://dreamtowards.net/?inviter=venan

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:58:43 PM

wow, its pretty good, i am spending most of my time with my android phone and its very good for me to have ability to be on forum with app. thanks a lot

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:59:42 PM

As mentioned above,there were already few clients doing the same but the point is no one would trust logging in through the application as its obviously a security risk.Moreover new forum is being developed so hoping we would be migrating soon enough.You can try developing a client for that but with a redefined authentication process.Check the github out of the EPOHCTALK,they have pre-defined parameters for parsing and accessing data.
lentzaj

Activity: 474
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:43:32 PM

Hi guys !

Still no progress about the development of a mobile responsive version of the forum/smartphone client ?

It would be such a life changer ! being able to easily reply from my smartphone while commuting in the train !

Thanks for the feedback

▄▄███▀ ▀█▄▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀████ ███▄▄▀▀█▀▄
     ▄▀▄███▄▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█▄
   ▄█▀▄███▀▀▄█ ▀███████▀▄▀▄▀▀▄
  ▀█▀▄▀▀▄▄███ ██▄▀████▀▄██ ██▄▀▄
 ██▄▀█████ ████▄▀██▀▄████ ██▀▄
 █▀▄ ██▄▀██ ███████▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█
▄▀▄█ ████▄ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀█████▀▄▀█▄
▀▄██ ███▀▄█▄▀█████▀▄██▄▀███▀▄█▄▀█
█▄▀██ █▀▄███▄▀███▀▄████▄▀█▀▄███▄▀
 ██▄ ▄██████▄▀█▀▄██████▄▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄
  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
  ▀ ███ ██████▀▄▀███████▀▄▀████▀
   ▀████ ███▀▄███ ████▀▄██ ██▀
     ▀███ █▀▄█████▄▀▀▄█████
       ▀█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

▀▀ ▀███▀▀▀
SPHERIS█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
kerstentw

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:31:24 AM

Is it possible to get this available in Korea?  I have been looking for an app like this and been playing around with my own code but having something out there would be cool.  Also +1 on adding the source on Git. 
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 06:26:50 AM

Not available in Canada yet?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:39:39 AM

So no proper mobile client yet?
The one you gave link to is not available in my country yet (Why? Its just a forum. Forums are still not regulated by governments. You are not selling thing here.)
I found couple of android apps in Google Play market, but they behave weird.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: