Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41821 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:01:57 AM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.

How is it against bitcoin? it adds value.  Worth noting for you by the way Bitcoin is the PROTOCOL and bitcoin is the CURRENCY.

Well maybe I got his point. he is saying that storing is against Bitcoin because it is not helping the adoption of bitcoin in the ecosystem.
So he is saying that we must spend it, so that we are going to help the adoption of bitcoin and help to circulate bitcoin in the market.
But it seems a lot are holding.

OP just stating his view regarding the progress of bitcoin but anyone has the right if he want to store or spend his bitcoin. For sure lost of us holding huge amount of bitcoin especially to those filthy rich bigtime bitcoin holders. Well bitcoin can circulate  even many of us are holding on our wallets because bitcoin has a decent amount or supply that can ciculate all over the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JarBinks

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:02:09 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

How is it against bitcoin? it adds value.  Worth noting for you by the way Bitcoin is the PROTOCOL and bitcoin is the CURRENCY.

Well maybe I got his point. he is saying that storing is against Bitcoin because it is not helping the adoption of bitcoin in the ecosystem.
So he is saying that we must spend it, so that we are going to help the adoption of bitcoin and help to circulate bitcoin in the market.

Besides a few online places I have not been able to find any retailers that I use on a regular basis the accept BTC.
I would like to spend my coin but I am forced to be a holder, which in hind sight is very good, I have been holding for 2 years, weee me!
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 03:18:14 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Yes you are right by saying that saving it increases the price. But you must consider that the main issue raised by the author is an extreme one. Imagine all users are going to save their bitcoins and not spend it then what will happen. Surely the market will die and no ones gonna buy because no ones gotta sell. So its bad for the economy. There will be bitcoin shortage or bitcoin will no longer be used as a currency.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 05:31:59 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Hi Vika, how does storing of bitcoins is against bitcoins? Where did you learned that? Can you please share to us the link or the article stating what you have mentioned. Because a lot of people is earning a lot of money through storing of bitcoins or in other other term , by holding them so they will be able to sell it in the future or when the time that its price will rise and as far as I am concern, nobody can require anyone to spend their money just because they say so.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:49:22 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Hi Vika, how does storing of bitcoins is against bitcoins? Where did you learned that? Can you please share to us the link or the article stating what you have mentioned. Because a lot of people is earning a lot of money through storing of bitcoins or in other other term , by holding them so they will be able to sell it in the future or when the time that its price will rise and as far as I am concern, nobody can require anyone to spend their money just because they say so.
The baseline of claiming storing bitcoins is against bitcoin must be storing is preventing the circulation of bitcoins get moved. It means it eliminates the chances of new ideas to be implemented to get new business to attract more people into bitcoin ecosystem. So basically storing Bitcoins turns against attracting new people.

Now say, will you appreciate that not attracting new people for the growth of bitcoin ecosystem?
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:22:19 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

The baseline of claiming storing bitcoins is against bitcoin must be storing is preventing the circulation of bitcoins get moved. It means it eliminates the chances of new ideas to be implemented to get new business to attract more people into bitcoin ecosystem. So basically storing Bitcoins turns against attracting new people.

Now say, will you appreciate that not attracting new people for the growth of bitcoin ecosystem?
but it is not mention any where in the form rules and regulation that one can hold bitcion for specific duration. and the other thing is that is it against the law to store the fiat currency. i dont think so. i think its legal. second is that most of the people have still not the opportunities to use bitcoin in their local markets therefore i think they have only choice lifted and that is to store their bitcoin.
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:52:01 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Besides a few online places I have not been able to find any retailers that I use on a regular basis the accept BTC.
I would like to spend my coin but I am forced to be a holder, which in hind sight is very good, I have been holding for 2 years, weee me!
yes that is a fact that people are holding bitcoin for years. if a person is holding his property and not welling to use it. how can it be illegal. however if people will use their bitcoin it will circulate in the market and other people will find the opportunities to get befit from it.
Goms

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:04:27 AM

I'm not sure what are you trying to say here?
May merchants offering services and accepting bitcoin payments.
We have to keep or store our bitcoin funds somewhere, in some wallet, the same as real money.
It's individual decision if someone will spend his/her bitcoin or wait for price increase.
You can't force anyone to spend.

I think he is trying to increase the amount of bitcoins in circulation, thereby reducing the price of bitcoin.

He is probably a bitcoin trader.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 08:45:36 PM

With bitcoins you are the person that can and will choose what to do, can invest, store, lend, or make anything else the thing is nothing related to bitcoin is against it, as we have full control and power over our money. We dont need to ask our money back, to pay a fee to let our coins saved.
when you are having full control over your money, then obviously you must have options to store it also.

But for the growth of a system, we must need to innovate new ideas that would enable the circulation of money movements. While you are storing your bitcoins, the aspects of circulation of bitcoins is getting affected.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 09:11:18 PM

With bitcoins you are the person that can and will choose what to do, can invest, store, lend, or make anything else the thing is nothing related to bitcoin is against it, as we have full control and power over our money. We dont need to ask our money back, to pay a fee to let our coins saved.
when you are having full control over your money, then obviously you must have options to store it also.

But for the growth of a system, we must need to innovate new ideas that would enable the circulation of money movements. While you are storing your bitcoins, the aspects of circulation of bitcoins is getting affected.
Not only for full control over your money is the benefits of restoring of bitcoin we are just stored those coins because we know that bitcoin has a great future and we know the price of bitcoin is unpredictable its not agaist the bitcoin to just holding or storing it to our wallet we are just wise that we buy bitcoins and store it in our wallet and wait if few months or years if the price of bticoin is high we can sell it to get the benefits of holding or storing bitcoins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LiberOptions

Activity: 412

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:30:50 PM

I hve to agree with you. yes hodling bitcoins is totally against the whole ideia of this new technology. However it is still on growth so it is normal to see a lot of investors holding tight
Cybertron00

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 09:34:19 PM

Well I agree with you mate. I agree with you since holding bitcoin won't cause any movements for it. It will just be stable at a price if all holds maybe it will be worthless if all people decided to hold and cancelled their sell orders. Since it is a free market that's how it works, someone selling and someone buying.  Grin
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 10:06:06 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Yes im that sense spending is good moreover if everyone hold and nobody spends,bitcoin will gradually lose its value and die a natural death
bjman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 10:20:39 PM

I think this is a fundamental question and the answer is not simple. It depends on whether you see bitcoin as just a payment system or if it's actually a store of value. It can also be both.

If it's just a payment system then holding it makes no sense--you just purchase some bitcoin when you need to use it. I think this is how a lot of the 'big block' people see bitcoin--as just a payment network. I think it's more than that--it can also be seen as a type of 'digital gold'. In this case, holding on to it means you are 'saving'. Saving what? The energy it took to create those bitcoins. In the future they will be more expensive to create and therefore by saving bitcoins you are storing that value for future use.

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:15:51 PM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Yes im that sense spending is good moreover if everyone hold and nobody spends,bitcoin will gradually lose its value and die a natural death

Well it is really seems that op is telling like that and he wants us to use our bitcoins and not to hold it mostly. But of course, we people who are into bitcoins are just taking sometime and hoping if we are going to hold we are going to get profit out of it when the price of bitcoin is going to increase in the near future.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 03:10:07 AM

All users have freewill to their bitcoin, if they want to hold or to spend i think it is not against of bitcoin, i think it helps to increase the demand of bitcoin of continuing to keep their bitcoin and the investor continuous to buy because they see the potential of bitcoin and also the value is continuous growing.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:55:00 AM

That's right. Bitcoin can be seen as a multifunctional tool that can basically offer anything a person might need. It's great that we can choose to use something instead of getting forced to use something we don't want. I wish more people would appreciate Bitcoin the way it is.
I am also wishing more people will come with the motivation to innovate new type of business based on bitcoin ecosystem or bitcoin payment system just to serve people for their life's essential needs. Instead of storing bitcoins, doing so must be a great efforts to make bitcoins to grow further.
Sorrowfox

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 10:08:22 AM

Storing is not against Bitcoin!
The less coins in circulation the higher the demand for the ones avalaible.Scarcity dude!
On the other hand you're right that spending bitcoin is an important part of the ecnomy as well.
So I would say both is good and important!

Yeah, this is not true, storing of bitcoins is not against bitcoins. I don't know where the author get that kind of idea or who told it to him. As an owner of bitcoin wallet we have the right to do whatever we want with our wallet and the bitcoins in it. So if you want to buy it or deposit your bitcoins you are free to do it and if you want to store it and wait for its value to appreciate then do so. No one can stop you.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 10:18:57 AM

I don't see any problem with people holding back their bitcoins.
But not until all bitcoins were all mined because we are going to circulate and if a lot of people are still hoarding their bitcoins from that moment onward, there you shall see a stagnant currency.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 12:55:38 PM

i do not think that storing of bitcoin is against of bitcoin , i think bitcoin hater want to decrease its price in lowest amount bitcoin because they invest their money in other crypto currency .

well, OP is only using a half truth to start this topic and make it stay up for his own spams to promote his signature.
the half truth is that, you shouldn't just think about bitcoin as an investment which you always hold and never spend. instead you should use bitcoin as a currency too.
but the problem is that there isn't usually a place nearby in many countries to spend bitcoin so using it as a currency is not really an option.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: