Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Defy the law with style!  (Read 1567 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 04:59:14 PM

When you first want to get in trouble with the law, then do it with style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR_X61uCgXM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 09:12:01 PM

What we are dealing with here is a total lack of respect for THE LAW...

And I love it!  Grin

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 09:17:05 PM

"Now you're goin' to jail!"

Worth it!

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 11:05:37 AM

Must dress up as a space marine and use a jet pack to do something like this.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:15:37 AM

The cop in the video is actually quite nice. The camera guy could have been picked up as well!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 03:26:29 PM

The cop in the video is actually quite nice. The camera guy could have been picked up as well!
Not really. Standing there filming something isn't illegal. BASE jumping is. (silly, stupid law, though.)

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:32:06 PM

Who is he hurting that he needs to be arrested? Victimless crimes are not crimes at all.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 03:47:07 PM

Who is he hurting that he needs to be arrested? Victimless crimes are not crimes at all.
+1

furrycoat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:47:51 PM

Lol seen this video many times, never fails to entertain!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 03:52:03 PM

When you first want to get in trouble with the law, then do it with style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR_X61uCgXM

Lol, nice one  Grin

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 07:38:19 AM

Well, if his parachute failed, the landowner probably wouldn't appreciate the resulting mess and associated clean-up costs, but that should be a civil matter, not a criminal one.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 08:52:49 AM

Well, if his parachute failed, the landowner probably wouldn't appreciate the resulting mess and associated clean-up costs, but that should be a civil matter, not a criminal one.
Not to mention an "if." If your breaks fail, you might plow into a bakery, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to drive, just in case.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 10:20:02 AM

Not to mention an "if." If your breaks fail, you might plow into a bakery, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to drive, just in case.

I think you should be arrested for driving a car, just to be on the safe side. After all, you never know what mayhem you could potentially cause with that car. Road safety first! And no cars on the road looks like thhe ultimate solution!
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 10:34:19 AM

I once transported a cat in my car and after some hours I felt sorry for it and the growning, so I let it loose in my car.

At an intersection, two other cars also waiting to do a left turn from different sides, got completely messmorised by my tabby on the dashboard. As the light changed, they drove into each other. Technically I was at fault here for being a disturbance to traffic. However if I had been reported, nothing had probably happend.

But being a disturbance to traffic is a road offence. People driving by can't see the parachute either so they might believe it's a scuicide attempt.

The cameraman could have been picked up as a suspected participant in this jump, especially if the officer wanted to arrest the jumper.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 04:58:52 PM

I once transported a cat in my car and after some hours I felt sorry for it and the growning, so I let it loose in my car.

At an intersection, two other cars also waiting to do a left turn from different sides, got completely messmorised by my tabby on the dashboard. As the light changed, they drove into each other. Technically I was at fault here for being a disturbance to traffic. However if I had been reported, nothing had probably happend.

But being a disturbance to traffic is a road offence. People driving by can't see the parachute either so they might believe it's a scuicide attempt.
Personal responsibility is not a familiar concept to you, is it? If you cause an accident because you're looking at something other than where the hell you're going, that accident is your fault, not what you were looking at. If you're looking at a house, and swerve into oncoming traffic, do we arrest the homeowner for having an interesting house, or you for being inattentive?

The cameraman could have been picked up as a suspected participant in this jump, especially if the officer wanted to arrest the jumper.
He might get subpoenaed for his footage and as a witness, but he's not harming anyone, nor even breaking the law. The cop has no reason, and no justification, to arrest him. To do so would open a huge can of 1st amendment trouble, and he knows it.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:22:27 PM

Interestingly a clothing chain had a campaign one year here in Norway with very revealing clothing, I think it was Anna Nicole Smith, and there were huge boards along the roads many places, and there was a lot of complaints that this was unsafe for traffic.   Grin
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

like a boss

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:30:07 PM

He might get subpoenaed for his footage and as a witness, but he's not harming anyone, nor even breaking the law. The cop has no reason, and no justification, to arrest him. To do so would open a huge can of 1st amendment trouble, and he knows it.

Well - if the office wanted to get to the jumper, the camera man seems like an obvious link. Could he not bring in the camera man if he wanted ? Or would that not be possible ? I guess the rights of citizens are broken every day of the week.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 09:59:08 PM

They might take him "downtown" for questioning, but they can't hold him on anything, so it's not really worth the effort, especially when there's still plenty of chance to catch the jumper before he gets away.

Which I hope he did. Nothing like flaunting a victimless crime and getting away with it.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 06:33:23 AM

They might take him "downtown" for questioning, but they can't hold him on anything, so it's not really worth the effort, especially when there's still plenty of chance to catch the jumper before he gets away.

Which I hope he did. Nothing like flaunting a victimless crime and getting away with it.

If the police wanted to get to the jumper, couldn't they basically jail his friend temporarily and basically say: Hey, we'll let you go when your friend turns himself in at the police station. :\ Would that be a problem ? Not that I wish for that to happen, but I could picture an office wanting to get back at someone jumping away from him like that. Now, this cop seemed reasonably calm, so perhaps he didn't do anything further with the case ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: