Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:40:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase CEO disagree with "The Bitcoin Roundtable Consensus Proposal"  (Read 3797 times)
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:23:39 AM

I liked his "with free market and competetion between teams", it might really speed Bitcoin development. We already see the full node count going up as a result of this competetion. As a libertatian, I have to agree with all he wrote. I hate monopolies, these tend to dont care about users at all.

"As a libertarian i have to agree with Goldman Sachs" xD

I dont know what you want try to imply, but I dont like fiat currency monopoly as well, thats why I try to use Bitcoin as much as possible.

I just told Brian Amstrong, the CEO of Coinbase view is good for Bitcoin: competetion is more effecient over monopoly with just one Bitcoin implementation.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:15:49 PM

https://medium.com/@barmstrong/the-bitcoin-roundtable-consensus-proposal-too-little-too-late-e694f13f40b#.ys0fqjis1

What do you think guys ? I personally agree with him about the second point "2. July 2017 is too far away to raise the block size"
i agree with you,why must be wait until next year?i think this year is not too early,its important to raise the block size. the third point also as what i think "We have a better option that is already available"

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:13:23 PM

the facts are simple.

The main investors who control the big exchangers(Coinbase, Bitstamp, Kraken, Itbit, BTC china, Okcoin) wants more control over Bitcoin. Now, they can "only" manipulate the market through "agreements" between the main exchangers and trough their bots. Let's not forget that Mtgox manipulated(through a bot; it'a a fact that it was proved) the market as they wanted and they were only one exchanger( with 70% marketshare...indeed). Now, it's a cartel. Smiley

By having their own e-currency(that means a "new" Bitcoin), they will control everything. Their developers will do what they are asked to do. Money talks! Smiley
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:13:14 AM

more then a year from now, thats along time, so if they wanted it to change to 2 mb right now ofc they where not going to like it to change in more then a year from now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: