Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:45:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Qt taking forever to sync. Progress sometimes goes back.  (Read 25496 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:02:11 PM

People are still attached to the fact that they must have an account to manage their money, lol. Like Matrix, people won't accept that it's just a prison

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:13:29 PM

People are still attached to the fact that they must have an account to manage their money, lol. Like Matrix, people won't accept that it's just a prison
I reach into my back pocket and pull paper (linen) money out of my leather wallet all the time.  My wallet doesn't have any accounts in it, just an address (leather wallet, my back pocket).  I can add money to that wallet by moving it to that address. I thought that was why it was decided to call it a "wallet", so people wouldn't expect it to have "accounts".
dimitri93

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:19:56 AM

Good evening fellows,

It is with great content that I inform you that my trials and tribulations through the bitcoin and entire internet currency world have come to an end and all was done just as it should have been. The thing that helped me the most was this https://blockchain.info/it/wallet/import-wallet . Many thanks to Gabi, her post directed me in the easyest way to surcomvent the whole synchronizing overture. B.I.G. shout out to DannyHamilton as well, you were a lot of help, ma man!

Much love, people! Cheesy

P.S. I feel like a whole new world of trading has opened up!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: