Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 11:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs Lisk  (Read 13640 times)
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:43:18 PM

The LISK ICO will probably not make as much as the ETH ICO did  Wink

Why do you believe that? It seems to have some very good backing and ideas behind it.

Do you know any big names behind Lisk? Ethereum is decentralized. I think I like the decentralised system.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 07:55:12 PM

I saw the development of lisk and they seems to have a solid plan and goals for their project,the teams has a full plan and any investors will support this kind of crypto currency I'm sure it;s going to be a big hit

punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:28:08 PM

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1372

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:44:45 PM

Wow I am impressed. Especially the part where it says that Lisk has or will have a GUI wallet, whereas Ethereum still doesn't have a stable release  Roll Eyes

This is a very good detailed chart to compare between Lisk and Ethereum. Which will be the best will be up to development and usability. Thanks for sharing this.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:10:58 PM

Yes that chart is really good, u can see exactly what both coins have.
I actually think they both look really promising, I really wonder where the price will go for these 2 coins.
Did buy a few ethereum and also invested in Lisk today and planning to do some more the coming weeks.
punkrock

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:52:24 PM

It's more than a coin. Never forget this!
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 12:35:53 AM

Seems like a total bag of shit to me.  I will be buying the ICO though. just to dump as soon as it hits the market. Make some free money off the noobs who are stupid enough to fall for this obvious scheme.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 12:54:09 AM

Yes that chart is really good, u can see exactly what both coins have.
I actually think they both look really promising, I really wonder where the price will go for these 2 coins.
Did buy a few ethereum and also invested in Lisk today and planning to do some more the coming weeks.

I think thats on everyone's mind. But the initial value will be however much people decide to invest into this coin initially during the ICO

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
punkrock

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:29:30 AM

@stupid: Keep your peanuts... Lisk don't need 'em.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 01:36:01 AM

Give me your peanuts I am broke

Ok you may have a peanut

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
houlala1

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:15:04 AM

One logo is a picture from World of Warcraft and the other one is a simple 3D cone

Don't need to read more
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:22:35 AM

lisk still looks to shady...huge btc in short time ico? all that work to set up the ico, how much (and where) is all the work done ON the actual tech and coin?  in theory it could work well i'd imagine but where's the substance?

does the math even work out for huge 100mil coin count vs. pricing?  you'll for sure see dumpers (from the ppl who bought with other coinage) right as soon as it goes up in price (assuming it does).

you have a "community" out of thin fucking air already?!  with sig adding on here and everything?  where the heck did all these "fans" *cough shills cough* come from all of a sudden for a coin that has had almost no exposure?

wat?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:13:23 AM

How can I apply in the ICO?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:21:05 AM

lisk still looks to shady...huge btc in short time ico? all that work to set up the ico, how much (and where) is all the work done ON the actual tech and coin?  in theory it could work well i'd imagine but where's the substance?

does the math even work out for huge 100mil coin count vs. pricing?  you'll for sure see dumpers (from the ppl who bought with other coinage) right as soon as it goes up in price (assuming it does).

you have a "community" out of thin fucking air already?!  with sig adding on here and everything?  where the heck did all these "fans" *cough shills cough* come from all of a sudden for a coin that has had almost no exposure?

wat?

It is build around the previously developed Crypti tech. This is also likely where the "fans" got from, as they did well in general but lacked funds to seriously push Crypti on the market.

The dev team of Lisk have already proven themselves in a previous project and are now taking the lessons learned from there to build something that people actually want and need and they are making sure they are sufficiently funded.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:40:33 AM

OK. I looked into this before and here is my opinion:

- Ethereum does everything internally, Lisk does not and uses a side-chain model where the side-chains are hooked to a public chain

What is the difference between "private-chains" hooked to a public chain (like those that will emerge up in the Ethersystem) and side-chains hooked to a public chain, as with Lisk?

Id argue they are more or less the same, maybe identical and this is all semantics.

Long story short . Developing apps on side-chains Lisk style may offer some short-term advantages, but big picture is that THE most valuable apps (dapps) will be those built on Ethereum, not side-chains dapps, not private-chain dapps

Also bear in mind Lisk's relationship to Crypti, an ambitious project which ultimately failed. Lisk is a second chance. I do not believe Ethereum will need any second chances.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:27:59 AM

- Ethereum does everything internally, Lisk does not and uses a side-chain model where the side-chains are hooked to a public chain

What is the difference between "private-chains" hooked to a public chain (like those that will emerge up in the Ethersystem) and side-chains hooked to a public chain, as with Lisk?

Id argue they are more or less the same, maybe identical and this is all semantics.

Long story short . Developing apps on side-chains Lisk style may offer some short-term advantages, but big picture is that THE most valuable apps (dapps) will be those built on Ethereum, not side-chains dapps, not private-chain dapps

Also bear in mind Lisk's relationship to Crypti, an ambitious project which ultimately failed. Lisk is a second chance. I do not believe Ethereum will need any second chances.

I'd argue that it's a lot more than semantics. If everytyhing happens on the mainchain then every node can execute those contracts and not just some nodes that support that special Dapp (i.e. that sidechain). IMHO that is a yuge adavantage and also aids decentralization. Obviously there are downsides to this as well.

Of course I could be wrong about how ethereum works in regards to contract execution.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:47:42 AM

I'd argue that it's a lot more than semantics. If everytyhing happens on the mainchain then every node can execute those contracts and not just some nodes that support that special Dapp (i.e. that sidechain). IMHO that is a yuge adavantage and also aids decentralization. Obviously there are downsides to this as well.

Of course I could be wrong about how ethereum works in regards to contract execution.

The semantics question asks what the difference between a private-chain and side-chain really is, assuming a private-chain has the same ability (if employed by its developer) to hook into the mainchain.

Agree that Ethereum 's model is the more deecntralized, global, visoonary, god-like.
Wrapping my head around the idea that EThereum is a computer (albeit a slow one) which can do anything is challenging/inspiring.
Bearing in mind all the firmware/hardware hacks happening these days ETH is the only "trustless computer" in the world today.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:39:58 AM

The semantics question asks what the difference between a private-chain and side-chain really is, assuming a private-chain has the same ability (if employed by its developer) to hook into the mainchain.

Agree that Ethereum 's model is the more deecntralized, global, visoonary, god-like.
Wrapping my head around the idea that EThereum is a computer (albeit a slow one) which can do anything is challenging/inspiring.
Bearing in mind all the firmware/hardware hacks happening these days ETH is the only "trustless computer" in the world today.

For me, I think Ethereum could be better than Lisk due to its complexity. It has features that look far more complex than Lisk in my opinion. Also, don't forget that a very smart programmer (Vitalik) is behind the Ethereum so that could be a good sign to keep it moving forward with very promising features. When I see Lisk, I see it as another Crypti clone, but I could be wrong  Roll Eyes

Anyways, it is not bad to grab some ICO coins now and then dump them for profit once there is a price increase.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

Whereas ETH uses solidity programming language, Lisk would use JavaScript which would be easier for developers to adapt to it since it is one of the most popular programming languages out there. What do you think?  Smiley

Actually Ethereum uses the EVM. Ethereum Virtual Machine.

Solidity is compiled into EVM code (assembly) and then run. Much like java is compiled into classes that run on a JVM.

Any language could theoretically be compiled to EVM code.

Someone just needs to write a JavaScript to EVM compiler, and you have the same thing as LISK.

Actually, Solidity is pretty similar to JavaScript anyway.

From the WIKI :

Solidity is a high-level language whose syntax is similar to that of JavaScript and it is designed to compile to code for the Ethereum Virtual Machine.

I don't know a lot about LISK so it may have other useful features. I'm sure it does..

Life is Code.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:40:44 PM

Actually Ethereum uses the EVM. Ethereum Virtual Machine.

Solidity is compiled into EVM code (assembly) and then run. Much like java is compiled into classes that run on a JVM.

Any language could theoretically be compiled to EVM code.

Someone just needs to write a JavaScript to EVM compiler, and you have the same thing as LISK.

Actually, Solidity is pretty similar to JavaScript anyway.

From the WIKI :

Solidity is a high-level language whose syntax is similar to that of JavaScript and it is designed to compile to code for the Ethereum Virtual Machine.

I don't know a lot about LISK so it may have other useful features. I'm sure it does..

Thanks for sharing this information. I didn't realized that JavaScript could be possible within the Ethereum Virtual Machine. Maybe someday, someone will come up with a JavaScript to EVM compiler and then it would make the platform even more awesome than what it is right now. I will keep an eye on both platforms and see how they would perform in the next months or years. Only one will emerge victorious. Just wait and see.  Roll Eyes

P.S. I am looking if there are possibilities of making a decentralized website within the ETH platform. Something that would be similar to Maidsafe.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: