Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: User Lutpin abusing DT power  (Read 1594 times)
Catink (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:30:37 AM

I got a negative rating from him, because I'm selling my localbitcoin account.
This user is a hypocrite. What is the difference between selling bitcointalk account and lbc account?
Localbitcoin is more secure because it has a built in escrow service while bitcointalk has not. And he allow bitcointalk account selling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:39:22 AM

This user is a hypocrite. What is the difference between selling bitcointalk account and lbc account?
Localbitcoin is more secure because it has a built in escrow service while bitcointalk has not. And he allow bitcointalk account selling.
Unfortunately I am going to have to make Lutpin go 0-2 on this one and agree with the OP.

Escrow should not be released on LBC until funds are secured/received by the bitcoin seller, and funds should be in escrow prior to the bitcoin buyer sending any kind of fiat. LBC warns it's users against working outside of escrow. From what I can tell, the vast majority of LBC scams involve users not properly using the escrow system (or due to successful phishing attempts).

Established LBC accounts do however potentially allow for people to get their ads more premonitory displayed, potentially allowing more people to trade with an established account, potentially allowing for more favorable rates (and more profits) for the owner of an established LBC account.
Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:44:00 AM

He is abusing his new dt power or just ignorant about how localbitcoin works.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:51:16 AM

Unfortunately I am going to have to make Lutpin go 0-2 on this one and agree with the OP.

Escrow should not be released on LBC until funds are secured/received by the bitcoin seller, and funds should be in escrow prior to the bitcoin buyer sending any kind of fiat. LBC warns it's users against working outside of escrow. From what I can tell, the vast majority of LBC scams involve users not properly using the escrow system (or due to successful phishing attempts).

Established LBC accounts do however potentially allow for people to get their ads more premonitory displayed, potentially allowing more people to trade with an established account, potentially allowing for more favorable rates (and more profits) for the owner of an established LBC account.

There is no need to buy an "established" account. LBC has a good escrow system, even as a newbie it isnt a real problem to sell hundreds of BTC. Also LBC will ban the acc (in most of the cases afaik) if they get a hint that the acc was sold.

Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:54:31 AM

There is no need to buy an "established" account. LBC has a good escrow system, even as a newbie it isnt a real problem to sell hundreds of BTC. Also LBC will ban the acc (in most of the cases afaik) if they get a hint that the acc was sold.

You don't allow selling secure accounts, while you allow selling of high risk bitcointalk accounts. What is your point there? Are you an hyprocrite and alt of lutpin?
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:56:28 AM

You don't allow selling secure accounts, while you allow selling of high risk bitcointalk accounts. What is your point there? Are you an hyprocrite and alt of lutpin?

If those accounts are dealed here, we know about it at least. I dont care about the others. As there is no real sense of selling an LBC account i am worried about those. Actually i am an alt of theymos, but dont tell anyone...

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:59:39 AM

I doubt you're buying the account to do trades on LBC. Most of them buy it to flaunt and scam. Seen users here saying things like 'i have a high trade history on lbc so you send first' and what not. When i ask them to trade on LBC, they dont reply, as usual.  
Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 01:59:48 AM

If those accounts are dealed here, we know about it at least. I dont care about the others. As there is no real sense of selling an LBC account i am worried about those. Actually i am an alt of theymos, but dont tell anyone...

Most buyer buy lbc accounts to make their ads on top of other ads. Because established accounts ads will posted above new users ads.
Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:01:18 AM

I doubt you're buying the account to do trades on LBC. Most of them buy it to flaunt and scam. Seen users here saying things like 'i have a high trade history on lbc so you send first' and what not. When i ask them to trade on LBC, they dont reply, as usual.  

I'm not buying lol, I'm selling. I saw some users buying multiple accounts but they don't negative feedback like user model.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:01:37 AM

If the escrow system is so good, then what is the harm in selling a LBC account?

As I said previously, an established LBC account may allow you to get better rates on LBC
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:02:35 AM

If the escrow system is so good, then what is the harm in selling a LBC account?

As I said previously, an established LBC account may allow you to get better rates on LBC

they try to get people to deal off site, because those accs are so trusted

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:03:46 AM

Quote from: qs
LBC warns it's users against working outside of escrow. From what I can tell, the vast majority of LBC scams involve users not properly using the escrow system (or due to successful phishing attempts).
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 02:05:28 AM

Not so unfortunately.
If I'm wrong, you can tell me. I agree I was on the other matter with katerniko1, and I overshot the mark quite a bit.
I'm sorry for that and patched things up with him in PM.

I however don't think I'm fully wrong in this case.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:07:19 AM

I'm not buying lol, I'm selling. I saw some users buying multiple accounts but they don't negative feedback like user model.

I meant it in general what users do with lbc accounts.

LBC warns it's users against working outside of escrow. From what I can tell, the vast majority of LBC scams involve users not properly using the escrow system (or due to successful phishing attempts).

Yeap they do, but most of them get scammed because they say they will offer a better rate if they were to deal off-site (evading LBC's escrow fee). I've had this happened to me one too many times now and every-time i insist on using LBC's escrow they go cold.
Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:07:31 AM

Clearly you have no logic there.Then Why you are ok with bitcointalk accounts which is more risky than locabitcoin? Which has completely no escrow at all. Even you use escrow in bitcointalk there is a chance the escrow is the one who will scam you.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:21:39 AM

Quote from: qs

like we have ton of stickies and advices around here? well i see how well this works..

Clearly you have no logic there.Then Why you are ok with bitcointalk accounts which is more risky than locabitcoin? Which has completely no escrow at all. Even you use escrow in bitcointalk there is a chance the escrow is the one who will scam you.

i dont need any logic to have my opinion. if you stick around here you might understand why accs seling at all is bad but better to have it here than somewhere else

Catink (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:24:50 AM

i dont need any logic to have my opinion.
if you stick around here you might understand why accs seling at all is bad but better to have it here than somewhere else

Clearly you are doing things without thinking at all.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:26:16 AM

i dont need any logic to have my opinion.
if you stick around here you might understand why accs seling at all is bad but better to have it here than somewhere else

Clearly you are doing things without thinking at all.

tells me the guy which is new here and have never be involved in BTCT account sales, giving loans or hunting down alts/scamers. i explained my pov to you, you dont need to agree on it

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:38:05 AM

I knew this from the beginning.IMHO blaming lutpin is WRONG because it's BLAZED's fault.
@OP People are free to have their own opinions,change the subject to "Blazed's trust lists consists undeserving users"

If a user ignores the DT-WEIGHT and does as he likes then he obviously doesn't deserves it and on the other hand if a user knowingly does this then he is abusing it and should be removed.I think you lie in the first case as he is solely going by judgments and no one should forced to change their opinions.

yo
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4420

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:57:22 AM

I honestly hate to even post in this thread or on this subject since a new dt user may or may not take offense to my comments. I dont think the OP here has done any wrong. Lutpin may not trust him but that doesnt mean tag him right off. If you keep going at the pace youre going all accounts will be red in a month.

Blazed added whom a few users voted for and IMO lutpin isnt untrustworthy at all. Heutenamos youre correct though, those who are on the DT list or list of someone on the dt list do need to weigh their opinions a little more carefully. Im not stirring the pot or anything but Lutpin please consider your opinions a little more carefully and maybe neutral trust guys whom you feel are up to shady activity. Dont go ruining their accounts without strong proof of your opinion. Just my 2 cents

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄