Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0$ Power cost --> Antminer u1 miner rig profitable?  (Read 1817 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:33:34 AM

you can change any fan from any miners easily if that is your concern, and an s5 or s3 would remain silent, i would grap some artic fan or those with low cfm around 50 and noise level around 0.05

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpucela14 (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

a little of gnu mining with 1.3Mh/s with Altcoins and 2 gridseeds mining LTC at 730h/s... Im not making any profit but I'm loosing only 1 cent/day so i hope that in the future the value of LTC increase and get some profit...

Just some friendly advice: if you're mining at a loss (even if it's only 1 cent/day), please consider stop mining and just buy LTC with the money you would have used for powering your mining device.

You'll get more LTC, and make more money IF the price goes up (this part is always a guess)

I sometimes rent my hash power so i get my losts back. Anyways thanks for the advice.
If renting out your hashpower is more profitable why don't you always keep your rigs on rent? You would make some profit in the long run that way.
I'm thinking to do it... the problem is that miningrigrentals don't show my real cgminer hashrate and i don't know why
EDIT: I have to add that the hash rate showed in miningrigrentals ir really irregular (don't know why either)
There might be a problem with the pool the buyer is using. Are you getting more from miningrigrentals than from mining Litecoins only?

yeah! selling my hash power i can get some profit... mining by my own in a pool costs me 1 cent/day.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:16:12 PM

Before you go buy or if you have already, the U1 and the U2 mine at basically the same speed. No difference in hashrate generally except for the fact that the U2 has a heatsink. U1s are generally cheaper and will perform at the same hashrate. Only big difference is U1 uses the 55nm BM1380, U2 uses the 28nm BM1382. Both are outdated chips, and even with free electricity the gain from them is miniscule.
The cooling on the U1 is terrible. The metal "heatsink" does almost nothing, and you're better off cutting it out and applying thermal paste and drilling a hole in for a homemade cutout heatsink.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:27:52 AM

Before you go buy or if you have already, the U1 and the U2 mine at basically the same speed. No difference in hashrate generally except for the fact that the U2 has a heatsink. U1s are generally cheaper and will perform at the same hashrate. Only big difference is U1 uses the 55nm BM1380, U2 uses the 28nm BM1382. Both are outdated chips, and even with free electricity the gain from them is miniscule.
The cooling on the U1 is terrible. The metal "heatsink" does almost nothing, and you're better off cutting it out and applying thermal paste and drilling a hole in for a homemade cutout heatsink.

With prices though buying neither makes sense compared to buying compac.  It at least get's you the most for your money.  And if you plan to run it ... yes it's a lotto or learning rig.  Your better off spending and buying BTC vs these mini rigs.  But that is not much fun.

I don't see neither U1 or U2 really making much sense, unless you happen to already have them.
jpucela14 (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:52:42 AM

With prices though buying neither makes sense compared to buying compac.  It at least get's you the most for your money.  And if you plan to run it ... yes it's a lotto or learning rig.  Your better off spending and buying BTC vs these mini rigs.  But that is not much fun.

I don't see neither U1 or U2 really making much sense, unless you happen to already have them.

Than you for the advice... yeah you're right, buying bitcoins is not really fun. I already have 1 antminer u1 and 1 block erupted (333khs). I know that's ridiculous and i'm thinking to upgrade it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: