Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving has already Begun, Yes or No?  (Read 7176 times)
BlueTemplar

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

Gone for a minute now back again

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:53:31 PM

will the price climb or tumble when it halves is the question we all want to know.
if history repeats itself then we'll have some dumping going on for a few months after it happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paultango

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:32:43 PM

Block halving will occur on july 27 2016 so no its not yet begun, but i think the pump and dump is now being done before block halving.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:41:34 PM

will the price climb or tumble when it halves is the question we all want to know.
if history repeats itself then we'll have some dumping going on for a few months after it happens.

I don't think anyone is capable to hold the price high on pump for months in a row, just to trick people into buying. For this to be true, the pump would
have to go much higher with the price, so that they could sell higher and profit on the theoretical dump.
The way i see it is that price was way too low while it was in that 200-250 range, and it's only returning to realistic points in recent months.
Don't know about you , but i'm expecting new ATH this year round..
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

Block halving will occur on july 27 2016 so no its not yet begun, but i think the pump and dump is now being done before block halving.

Yeah, block halving is expected only after the middle of this year. People might have thought of the halving just on experiencing sudden jump in price before months.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:15:04 AM

The block halving won't necessarily start at a specific date and time. Till that time the blocks can be found earlier than the normal average time that is needed to find a block. And that means that the block rewards will drop closer to the start of Juli.
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:35:44 AM

No the halving has not began these days, it will still take some time before the halving will happen, its all just a matter of time in my eyes.
The bitcoin halving will start around July so that is a good thing plus it will most likely let the price jump from price to price in my prediction.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 09:11:21 AM

No the halving has not began these days, it will still take some time before the halving will happen, its all just a matter of time in my eyes.
The bitcoin halving will start around July so that is a good thing plus it will most likely let the price jump from price to price in my prediction.

Halving has not begun of course...
but the "halving effect" is almost at the end...
soon traders will think about the halving of 2020...

MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:44:18 AM

Nope. It definitely has not happened yet. If it had happened, you would see the price skyrocketing. It is happening in about 13 weeks.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:16:34 PM

You are right indeed, but I heard from many people that the value will not even rise after the halving and that can be really bad for the people who already have Bitcoin.
Many people are hoping of course that the halving will be good for them but you are never for sure for what is going to happen with the value, it is now not even rising.
nuevo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:26:58 PM

When I went through various discussion topic. I found certain users has speculated that, the halving has already begun.
Just because of this only we are experiencing a increase in bitcoin price. So need to get much information regarding
the halving. Whether its ongoing or it has not started yet?

I know there are a lot of good arguments both for against but one important thing to remember is often non-market participants are unaware of market conditions or possible market conditions. Do you know where the best place to buy non and re performing loans? No? What if I told you at a dinner party that I was taking the family on an extra vacation because of a lucrative investment, would you say, that's awesome or would you ask me what it is?

The halving is partially priced in but can never be fully priced in because I don't know to what extend miners sell the btc they generate as opposed to holding. I don't know what sort of media coverage the halving will get, which might actually be more beneficial to the price of btc than the drop in the reward.

I've had a lot of time to think about the halving and there things that would have a bigger impact on the price of bitcoin than the halving. If that bitcoin ETF is ever adopted, if people worldwide start investing via the app with bitcoin(can't remember the name but the tech is good), and the growth of bitcoin gambling is promising for the price of bitcoin.

I'm surprised that more people haven't gone to accepting bitcoin for gambling, it's much easier to take wagers with bitcoin.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:28:44 PM

You are right indeed, but I heard from many people that the value will not even rise after the halving and that can be really bad for the people who already have Bitcoin.
Many people are hoping of course that the halving will be good for them but you are never for sure for what is going to happen with the value, it is now not even rising.

it does absolutly not depend on what the people say...
it depends only on what people do...
and the funniest in the story with a trade  one from the trader has better traded...

bakingbad

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:30:46 PM

When I went through various discussion topic. I found certain users has speculated that, the halving has already begun.
Just because of this only we are experiencing a increase in bitcoin price. So need to get much information regarding
the halving. Whether its ongoing or it has not started yet?

You can't say that halving begun now, because it can't happen now and it will happen in July only, but price of bitcoin rises now because people buys bitcoins to sell them after halving, but this price rise is not because of blocks reward halving
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:38:27 PM

No the bitcoin still has not been begun but it will soon or later in this year, most likely it will be around June/July if I'm right.
The price is also right now not rising at all and with the halving we could see signs that it has been started with pretty nice risings.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:58:48 PM

No the bitcoin still has not been begun but it will soon or later in this year, most likely it will be around June/July if I'm right.
The price is also right now not rising at all and with the halving we could see signs that it has been started with pretty nice risings.

Indeed the halving will begin in June/July and I think its still not sure if the price will than rise instant so I do not know if we can see signs right away if you look at the price right than.
Of course right now the halving has not begun for sure because the price is still around the 400 dollar usually.
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:06:47 AM

No, the halving s not already begun, as I have heard that it will be the halving of the fees of the miners and it will occur in the JUne or July month of the year 2016, so we will currently wait 2 months more for it to begin.
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:26:51 PM

It is predicted that the halving will happen in the first two weeks of the July. Exact time depends on the hashing rate.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:58:01 PM

It is predicted that the halving will happen in the first two weeks of the July. Exact time depends on the hashing rate.
Yeah halving is assumed to happen in mid of July, price has started increasing already, I think this may be the beginning of halving, also people started holding their coins rather than selling that too shows a sign of halving.

Xetamin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:44:32 AM

Yeah halving is assumed to happen in mid of July, price has started increasing already, I think this may be the beginning of halving, also people started holding their coins rather than selling that too shows a sign of halving.

I shall hold most of the coins for the long term. I will also use some coins to pay for my mining cost etc.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:07:37 PM

With bitcoin block rewarding halving around the corner bitcoins are counting down to block rewarding halving .will this have bitcoins gain or lose value?
This is a big question an no one knows the answer yet
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:15:44 PM

With bitcoin block rewarding halving around the corner bitcoins are counting down to block rewarding halving .will this have bitcoins gain or lose value?
This is a big question an no one knows the answer yet

the far majority of the people here think the price will go up. but the thing is that people have been thinking like this since the price was below $300 back then. this just makes me wonder, how much profit is there still to make realistically from todays prices. i don't think more than $600. my guess is more in the range of $520-$550 at most.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: