Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega dont accept bitcoins the official cry thread  (Read 2384 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:28:14 PM

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:30:08 PM

What happens when you select one? No payment options are shown in your picture.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:39:25 PM

What happens when you select one?
you pay for the account ? you know the normal thing do to

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
jwzguy

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:40:03 PM

Are you being intentionally obtuse?
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:49:47 PM

no  Grin

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:50:14 PM

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:05:18 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2013, 07:32:26 PM by ArticMine

The site is, which regardless of the payment methods accepted is a big no in my books. They expect the user to provide information and agree to an agreement before informing the user on the payment methods accepted.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

also u can add that if you lose your password you lose the account

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

That is a given and by design if one wants user side encryption.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:15:15 PM

true but will understand that the average joe ? i dont think joe will get the 2048 bit rsa stuff

gimme_bottles

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

true but will understand that the average joe ? i dont think joe will get the 2048 bit rsa stuff

he does not need to. but knowing that you loose everything if you loose your password will indeed keep some users away.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:46:29 PM

he does not need to. but knowing that you loose everything if you loose your password will indeed keep some users away.

If one is using the site for backup this is a feature and not a concern. Given the history of Mega, I would be more concerned about some government shutting down the servers than me loosing the password. This kind of government action is not a concern if:
1) The cloud is used for backup only
2) The data is encrypted and only the user has the key.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:26:46 AM

Where did this idea of Mega taking BTC come from anyway? I see a lot of talk about the idea with nothing tangible to back the idea at all. The amount of speculation over the subject just shows what an echo cahmber this forum is, IMO.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
jwzguy

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:32:14 AM

Where did this idea of Mega taking BTC come from anyway? I see a lot of talk about the idea with nothing tangible to back the idea at all. The amount of speculation over the subject just shows what an echo cahmber this forum is, IMO.
People sent twitter messages to Kimdotcom about accepting BTC to solve his payment processor problems. He retweeted them in acknowledgement. That's what it's based on.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 02:35:50 AM

They can add BTC payment functionality afterwards.  Hope is still there.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:28:28 AM

The API looks pretty open.  If someone codes some kind of front-end for it, I wouldn't be surprised if they did accept BTC.  I'd make a wild guess Kim Dotcom will be consulting legal counsel before doing pretty much anything, at this point, though.

If he has thought about the issue enough to have concerns, they're probably that taking BTC would open him to some kind of trumped-up prosecution for money laundering, and he'd want to make sure he was legally protected from that before moving ahead.
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:16:48 AM

Mega relies on resellers to process retail payments. All it takes is for someone to set up a Mega reseller that takes BTC for payment.

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:43:16 AM

Mega relies on resellers to process retail payments. All it takes is for someone to set up a Mega reseller that takes BTC for payment.

bitpay
bitinstant
bitcoinstore
spendbitcoins

They should being queuing

https://mega.co.nz/#resellerintro

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:42:07 AM

Whats funny is most of these resellers appear to be shadow companies that almost solely set up to move money from them to mega. If he thinks the card companies wont catch onto this shell game of his he is fucking kidding himself.

edit: actually just checked that link, it appears that they want actual legitimate companies to offer become resellers. The fact is that no real business would risk doing any existing revenue source when faced with being shut down and having their revenue stream compromised

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 08:55:20 AM

While I can respect Kim for standing up to the U.S government I don't understand how he has managed to over hype bandwith limited cloud storage, that said at least he's being more honest than my internet provider.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: