Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega can accept Bitcoins.  (Read 1781 times)
The Fool (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:39:14 PM

All we have to do is convince one of the various resellers to take it or start a reseller who does.

This is possible, right?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 06:48:42 PM

Maybe some of those guys would be inclined to become a reseller:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Domain_Name_and_DNS_Hosting
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 07:58:54 PM

honestly, I'm still a bit puzzled why everyone seems to be just eager to get Bitcoin somehow connected with Kim Dotcom.  Roll Eyes

Actually, being connected in the public conscience with such a sketchy figure would be a publicity nightmare. Do you really think the state of the coin is so desperate for us to need such kind of "publicity"? During the last months, the Bitcoin ecosystem featured a nice constant growth -- all without much coverage in main stream media.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:03:49 PM

honestly, I'm still a bit puzzled why everyone seems to be just eager to get Bitcoin somehow connected with Kim Dotcom.  Roll Eyes

Actually, being connected in the public conscience with such a sketchy figure would be a publicity nightmare. Do you really think the state of the coin is so desperate for us to need such kind of "publicity"? During the last months, the Bitcoin ecosystem featured a nice constant growth -- all without much coverage in main stream media.

Why not? Every time Bitcoin is mentioned they talk about Silk Road anyway. Would Kim Dotcom top that off? I dont think so.
It would provide just another case of a big business accepting the coin and therefore prove Bitcoins usability.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

It's so they can finally buy stuff with their bitcoins, even if it is just for copyright infringed material.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 08:49:23 PM

I consider much buzz here on the forums as some pump and dump. People try to make other people believe the story of Mega being for bitcoin only or at least to speculate on a 20% probability of this being the case while nobody of those pushing these rumors really ever thought this might be the case.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:57:42 AM

I consider much buzz here on the forums as some pump and dump. People try to make other people believe the story of Mega being for bitcoin only or at least to speculate on a 20% probability of this being the case while nobody of those pushing these rumors really ever thought this might be the case.

Seems like it is a reality ... guess you have to know which rumours are from people who actually know?

MEGA Vouchers for Bitcoins

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: