Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free-Press in the West is a BIG FAT LIE  (Read 2138 times)
be48d782 (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:11:40 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 02:23:37 AM by be48d782

There is no free press in the West. They talk about free press a lot but is there really a free press?

U.S government and her people criticize foreign countries about their lack of free press.

News media from ABC to CNN to FOX to Huffington Post to DailyBeast to XYZ to even sites like Reddit, are owned by the rich people or people who are just allies of either of the two major parties.

These rich people are allied with either the Left-wing or the Right-Wing political spectrum but most of them ally with the Left-wing.

They have close connections with either of the parties and key politicians and they have lobbyists and friends who are rich and connected.

Each of them have their own candidates they support and they take things out of context and purposefully do a propaganda war on each other.

When the left-wing news media calls Fox news as Faux News, the left-wingers are jubilant and repeat the same thing on the web but being oblivious to the fact that their own news media is totally FAUX too.

They don't report the news any more. They even write you an opinion about the news stories without letting you think for yourself.

They even do comedy and some call themselves the Comedy Central and there are late night shows and such, but people fail to realize, those channels are owned by these people too and the guy cracking the jokes is just a piper playing the tune for the guy who pays him/her.

Even sites like MTV or CNET or other tech sites, if you observe them over a period of time, roll out politically laced news stories once a while. MTV seems to be not reporting about music much anymore.

They are all trying to control 'information' because just like data is important to Google, 'information' is important to people in power and their pet news dogs.

The difference between the so-called government state sponsored news media in North Korea and the news media in the U.S is that, the later has a CEO and an image of being independent from the government but they all secretly work together for their respective parties and respective candidates.

It is all about getting the voter to vote one way or the other.

Now for years, they all announce their favourite candidate and least favourite candidate, days or weeks or months before the election as well and pick one for you without you picking one for yourself. They rarely let you think for yourself.

They are just dividing the people and pitting people against each other.

It just look like rooster chicken fight of the rich trying to play a game to see whose guy wins the game this time around.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:29:37 AM

It sounds like you mean there is no unbiased  press in the West.  There really is freedom of the press in the West but in America, over 50% of the general public don't believe mass media to report the news accurately, fairly and fully.  No doubt many of the networks you cite have their own agendas to push and they certainly are free to do just that.  You could always start your own news service but then you would also be perceived as biased - against mass media - based on your opinion here.

be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:34:22 AM

If there were a motto for the "free" press it would be "All the news we see fit to sell"
- Anon
be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:40:15 AM

It sounds like you mean there is no unbiased  press in the West.  There really is freedom of the press in the West but in America, over 50% of the general public don't believe mass media to report the news accurately, fairly and fully.  No doubt many of the networks you cite have their own agendas to push and they certainly are free to do just that.  You could always start your own news service but then you would also be perceived as biased - against mass media - based on your opinion here.

If someone starts an unbiased press, they will be called a 'conspiracy theorists' and these ad networks have a major influence as well, which also is owned by the rich who are politically aligned either ways, and they probably won't advertise there.

There used to be something called 'investigative journalism', now many are punished for it.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:30:05 AM

1) Every person on the planet is biased

Mainstream news (FOX, CNN, NBC, etc) are all owned by the establishment... that's the opinion you will always get here

I follow some of the smaller 3rd party news sources

I like The Young Turks... I disagree with them on 2 major issues (gun control & global warming), but I agree with nearly everything else they say
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks/videos

I also like Secular Talk, because I'm an Atheist and Kyle is a smart cookie
https://www.youtube.com/user/SecularTalk/videos
Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:51:23 PM

In France that's true. There's an harasseùent on far-right medias. They're less represented and there's no far-right television channel.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 03:53:52 PM

These rich people are allied with either the Left-wing or the Right-Wing political spectrum but most of them ally with the Left-wing.
Each of them have their own candidates they support and they take things out of context and purposefully do a propaganda war on each other.

The fact that the media are able to support the candidate they choose implies that they are free.
Can you imagine any media person going against Kim Jong II?
Moloch

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:07:54 PM

The fact that the media are able to support the candidate they choose implies that they are free.

I'm not so sure that most of them ally with the Left-wing (that might be an old wives-tale)

I honestly don't watch much from the main-stream news, but FOX is definitely right-wing, and so is CNN (judging by the most recent debate questions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHF5CHmHqU

When you ask republicans nothing but questions like, "What kind of music do you listen to?", and "What is your favorite cocktail?"...

And, you ask democrats questions like, "The Republican attack ad against you in a general election writes itself... You voted against the Brady Bill, mandated background checks, and a waiting period... you also supported allowing riders to bring guns in checked bags on Amtrak trains... for a decade you said that holding gun manufacturer responsible for mass shootings is a bad idea... now you say you are reconsidering, which is it? Shield the gun companies from lawsuits, or no?"

Liberal media?  I think not
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:13:38 PM

In France that's true. There's an harasseùent on far-right medias. They're less represented and there's no far-right television channel.

Censoring of mainstream media sources doesn't work well these days. A lot of people, especially the younger generations get their doze of daily news from the social media (especially Facebook and Twitter). One worrying aspect is the recent attempts to censor FaceBook posts (especially in Germany), but so far Twitter has remained outside the scope of the censors.
be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:36:32 PM

I'm not so sure that most of them ally with the Left-wing (that might be an old wives-tale)

I honestly don't watch much from the main-stream news, but FOX is definitely right-wing, and so is CNN (judging by the most recent debate questions)

When you ask republicans nothing but questions like, "What kind of music do you listen to?", and "What is your favorite cocktail?"...

And, you ask democrats questions like, "The Republican attack ad against you in a general election writes itself... You voted against the Brady Bill, mandated background checks, and a waiting period... you also supported allowing riders to bring guns in checked bags on Amtrak trains... for a decade you said that holding gun manufacturer responsible for mass shootings is a bad idea... now you say you are reconsidering, which is it? Shield the gun companies from lawsuits, or no?"

It is not an old wife tale.

Just try to remember the names of leftist press and the names of rightist press. You will see you can remember a lot of names of leftist press.

Actually, it was the first Fox debate you are referring to and many conservatives even agree it was just aimed at Trump.

Liberal debates are more of a hug fest in reality.

CNN is left-wing and it is a known fact just like its a know fact Fox News is right-wing.
Moloch

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

Liberal media?  I think not

Just try to remember the names of leftist press and the names of rightist press. You will see you can remember a lot of names of leftist press.

Did you read my post or watch the video I linked?

How does naming what I've been told is a leftist press do anything?

I'm saying, quit going by what you've been told, open your eyes, and judge for yourself... its not as left as you assume
be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:43:52 PM

I'm saying, quit going by what you've been told, open your eyes, and judge for yourself... its not as left as you assume

YoungTurks are left-wing too.

"The Young Turks (TYT) is an online American liberal/progressive political and social commentary program hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Turks
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:45:33 PM

There is no free press in the West. They talk about free press a lot but is there really a free press?

U.S government and her people criticize foreign countries about their lack of free press.

News media from ABC to CNN to FOX to Huffington Post to DailyBeast to XYZ to even sites like Reddit, are owned by the rich people or people who are just allies of either of the two major parties.

They have close connections with either of the parties and key politicians and they have lobbyists and friends who are rich and connected.

When the left-wing news media calls Fox news as Faux News, the left-wingers are jubilant and repeat the same thing on the web but being oblivious to the fact that their own news media is totally FAUX too.

They don't report the news any more. They even write you an opinion about the news stories without letting you think for yourself.

They even do comedy and some call themselves the Comedy Central and there are late night shows and such, but people fail to realize, those channels are owned by these people too and the guy cracking the jokes is just a piper playing the tune for the guy who pays him/her.

Even sites like MTV or CNET or other tech sites, if you observe them over a period of time, roll out politically laced news stories once a while. MTV seems to be not reporting about music much anymore.

They are all trying to control 'information' because just like data is important to Google, 'information' is important to people in power and their pet news dogs.

The difference between the so-called government state sponsored news media in North Korea and the news media in the U.S is that, the later has a CEO and an image of being independent from the government but they all secretly work together for their respective parties and respective candidates.

It is all about getting the voter to vote one way or the other.

Now for years, they all announce their favourite candidate and least favourite candidate, days or weeks or months before the election as well and pick one for you without you picking one for yourself. They rarely let you think for yourself.

They are just dividing the people and pitting people against each other.

It just look like rooster chicken fight of the rich trying to play a game to see whose guy wins the game this time around.

in this world, there is  no free press in every country.. so united states fools every nation about its so called speech of freedom... united stated is the biggest liar of the world
Moloch

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:45:46 PM

Liberal media?  I think not

"The Young Turks (TYT) is an online American liberal/progressive political and social commentary program hosted by Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian"

So what? TYT doesn't pretend they are right-wing and they are most definitely not a mainstream/establishment source

Do you need me to name some right-wing sources for you?  Are you not capable of finding your own news outlet that matches your personal opinions?

I already informed you that you are wrong about CNN... CNN is right-wing, not left-wing like you assume
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:45:51 PM

It's pretty clear that the major media companies and politicians are all owned by big corporations and big donors.  They are working for the same people and its not the American people.  They work for the people that pay them.
be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:54:26 PM

So what?

Do you need me to name some right-wing sources for you?  Are you not capable of finding your own news outlet that matches your personal opinions?

I already informed you that you are wrong about CNN... CNN is right-wing, not left-wing like you assume

Why are you assuming so many things? It is proving that you are a left-winger.

I am not a left or right winger and I am just stating facts

CNN tries to stay in the middle but it is left-wing at the end. You can disagree.

Their commentators and on issues, they are on the side of the left-wingers.

One of their anchors, Chris Cuomo, is the son of former Governor of New York, Mario Cuomo, a Democrat and brother of the current Democrat governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo.

Another anchors is Don Lemon and many others.

CNN is right-wing but their views and anchors are all left-wing. LEL.  How contradictory.

And it is owned by billionare Ted Turner who is a left-winger too.
Moloch

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:00:00 PM

So what?

Do you need me to name some right-wing sources for you?  Are you not capable of finding your own news outlet that matches your personal opinions?

Are you done assuming yet?

I'm not left or right... I don't give a single fuck about labels... I care about issues, and agree with various issues presented by both parties

I like TYT because those guys are fucking smart... way smarter than anyone I've seen on any mainstream media outlet... ever

I used to like Bill O'Reilly, because he presents himself as intelligent, but he argues such stupid things at times (baby parts?!?)... makes himself look foolish too often... I seriously cannot stand that Megan Kelly bitch that comes on after Bill... she's the biggest twat, and wrong with 90% of everything she says
be48d782 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:11:45 PM

So what?

Do you need me to name some right-wing sources for you?  Are you not capable of finding your own news outlet that matches your personal opinions?

I'm not left or right... I don't give a single fuck about labels... I care about issues, and agree with various issues presented by both parties

I like TYT because those guys are fucking smart... way smarter than anyone I've seen on any mainstream media outlet... ever

I used to like Bill O'Reilly, because he presents himself as intelligent, but he argues such stupid things at times (baby parts?!?)... makes himself look foolish too often... I seriously cannot stand that Megan Kelly bitch that comes on after Bill... she's the biggest twat

I am done assuming after you are done assuming. Even Wikipedia says they are liberals.Uygur was a political commentator on msnbc. You have the right to watch whatever you want as anyone else. I am just saying.

About CNN, it tries to stay in the middle but they are owned by a liberal billionaire and their anchors are mostly voting democrats and on issues they are liberal.

And, I am not an American, so it is not like I am gathering votes for anyone here or saying this for 10 btc or anything.
Moloch

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:20:04 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 06:31:30 PM by Moloch

So what?

I used to like Bill O'Reilly, because he presents himself as intelligent, but he argues such stupid things at times (baby parts?!?)... makes himself look foolish too often... I seriously cannot stand that Megan Kelly bitch that comes on after Bill... she's the biggest twat

I am done assuming after you are done assuming. Even Wikipedia says they are liberals.Uygur was a political commentator on msnbc. You have the right to watch whatever you want as anyone else. I am just saying.

About CNN, it tries to stay in the middle but they are owned by a liberal billionaire and their anchors are mostly voting democrats and on issues they are liberal.

And, I am not an American, so it is not like I am gathering votes for anyone here or saying this for 10 btc or anything.

Did someone say TYT was right-wing?  I must have missed that part...

Why are you attacking a straw-man?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Yes, I like TYT... I agree with 95% of the things they say... I disagree with them on gun control and climate change... 2 major right-wing issues... I side with republicans on those 2 issues
Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:45:36 PM

What truly saddens me is to see so many here in the US divided by the so-called left wing and right wing when we must remember those left and right wings are attached to one body, one body headed in the same direction. The whole illusion of one channel or broadcasting company being left or right wing is just that, an illusion.

David Rockefeller - We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. … It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: