May 04, 2024, 07:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think?
YES - 64 (40.5%)
NO - 26 (16.5%)
NO, but later this month - 19 (12%)
NO, but they will be first to ship - 24 (15.2%)
NO, they will ship but not before any competitor will - 13 (8.2%)
NO, never! - 12 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 158

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Avalon ship on schedule??? >>> VOTE  (Read 3279 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 09:27:03 PM

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: http://www.avalon-asics.com/

1 vote per user.
Votes can be changed by users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin_Silver_Supply

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:01:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
sounds

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:34:02 AM

Note that in their other thread here BitSyncom has only claimed they would start shipping when their countdown timer reaches 0. (And yes, I didn't link to BitSyncom's comment)

If you're not #1 on their pre-order list, you can't claim Avalon promised to ship your ASIC tomorrow.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:48:56 AM

Note that in their other thread here BitSyncom has only claimed they would start shipping when their countdown timer reaches 0. (And yes, I didn't link to BitSyncom's comment)

If you're not #1 on their pre-order list, you can't claim Avalon promised to ship your ASIC tomorrow.

Yep, they've consistently said that the first 300 units would be shipped over a period of about 2 weeks.  It's clear that they're not all being shipped tonight because Avalon is putting up a form today for people to choose alternative shipping options.

Given that they have been posting today, though, it would be a massive PR blunder if they didn't ship any units at all tonight - they should be well aware by now of any obstacles to getting those first units shipped later today.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
poon-TANG

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:45:49 AM

Don't know how they ship but no place I know of ships on sundays.
repentance

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:55:42 AM

Logistics companies operate every day of the week and they're using DHL.  The only reason some companies don't ship on weekends is that they only work standard office hours - it's not because courier and logistics companies don't work weekends.  Amazon has shipped my orders on the weekend countless times - it's not that unusual.

When the units will actually leave China will depend on how they're handling the customs process.  You can arrange pre-authorisation if you're willing to pay for it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 03:37:54 AM

It will be 9pm in China. In theory it makes sense to start packing Sunday 9pm, work overnight, and have a first shipment ready to ship on Monday at dawn Smiley
repentance

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:57:10 AM

It will be 9pm in China. In theory it makes sense to start packing Sunday 9pm, work overnight, and have a first shipment ready to ship on Monday at dawn Smiley

It would make even more sense to have the units on a flight out of China on Sunday night and landing in nearby destinations early Monday to get them cleared through customs and out to the local delivery services as soon as possible. 

I guess we'll know soon enough exactly what they mean when they say that they'll be "shipping" in 9 and a half hours.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:58:39 AM

I'd be interesting to track the votes in this poll to whether the voters are customers of Avalon, BFL, bASIC, or any of the above. I'd be a good number of people that said YES are customers, and a good number of people that said NO are not customers.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:13:50 AM

It would make even more sense to have the units on a flight out of China on Sunday night and landing in nearby destinations early Monday to get them cleared through customs and out to the local delivery services as soon as possible.  

It would make even more sense to have had the units already made and shipped back in December... wait no, November, October! What is your point???
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:21:27 AM

Maybe i misread an avalon quote but i thought they would have shown pics or a video by now as they said they would....
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:41:32 AM

Didn't I read something about a demo in December?   Huh

If so, then they've already failed to deliver on schedule.  No wonder they're getting all pissy and quarrelsome.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 06:58:59 AM

Didn't I read something about a demo in December?   Huh

If so, then they've already failed to deliver on schedule.  No wonder they're getting all pissy and quarrelsome.   Cheesy

yep

IT'S OKAY, WE'RE BETTER THAN BFL, HONEST
poon-TANG

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:03:52 AM

Logistics companies operate every day of the week and they're using DHL.  The only reason some companies don't ship on weekends is that they only work standard office hours - it's not because courier and logistics companies don't work weekends.  Amazon has shipped my orders on the weekend countless times - it's not that unusual.

When the units will actually leave China will depend on how they're handling the customs process.  You can arrange pre-authorisation if you're willing to pay for it.

Have you ever got any packages on Sunday? I know shipping companies work 7 days a week shipping packages that have already been processed. How many companies pick up on sundays is what I should have said.
repentance

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:25:10 AM

Have you ever got any packages on Sunday? I know shipping companies work 7 days a week shipping packages that have already been processed. How many companies pick up on sundays is what I should have said.

For something like this, they may well be dropping the consignment off at DHL themselves - I've certainly done that myself in the past when it was something important.  They're able to arrange collections on weekends (as well as deliveries) but it's usually not cheap.  I wouldn't do it with a consignment like this one because the last thing you want is to think everything's fine and then find out a couple of days later that the paperwork's not in order and your consignment is just sitting there doing nothing.  At least if you drop off the consignment yourself, you're on the spot to fill out additional paperwork, fix errors, etc.

bitboyben

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:28:32 AM

Clock shouldn't have been set to end on a Sunday then...

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:59:39 AM

Last time I checked, not every country in the world does the whole Monday -> Friday = "the week" and Saturday -> Sunday = "the weekend" thing. But I have no clue what the custom is in China, or perhaps even that of the province Avalon team are working out of.

Vires in numeris
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

They shipped two units, or less than 1% of their order count as of now. That's basically the same as not shipping.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:48:51 PM

They shipped two units, or less than 1% of their order count as of now. That's basically the same as not shipping.
At least we'll know if they have a working product or not.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 02:07:51 PM

I'm not sure you can read that into the post:

Oh you guys, I think everyone is at a boiling point because of the delays made by our competitors.

We shipped, website will be updated shortly.

First unit goes to Jeff Garzik in honor for the work he has done for the bitcoin codebase being the only developer who ordered from us.

we also arranged to ship a unit to the Bitcoin Foundation, whom is going to do a demo.

The avalon team on the other hand is going to make sure the whole shipping process go smoothly. like handling DHL/EMS problem, and other custom issues.

cheers.

BitSyncom said they shipped, and mentioned two of the recipients. He didn't say only two were shipped.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: