Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:24:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automated paying process  (Read 606 times)
1337leet (OP)

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:43:42 PM

Hey guys,

let's say I have developed a software for trading bitcoin (on exchanges like poloniex).

I don't wanna "sell" the software but I wanna raise a fee on profits the user made.

I want this fee to be send to me automatically.

1. Is this possible in any way?
2. How would you solve this issue?

I know some exchanges allow withdrawls in their API - but most of them have e-mail verification first, which means it can't be automated.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:47:47 PM

You need to have total control over users account, if your system gets compromise your users' accounts can/will be emptied.

I'll predict no one will use your service, it's just another possibility to lost coins at an exchange.

1337leet (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:58:33 PM

All right. I thaught this would be the answer...

Would you use the service if the software is blocked until you did transfer the BTC manually?
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:06:06 PM

I can't see how that will solve the problem.

I get that it would be a better way to get paid and much more appealing to users, but the security implications are huge, plus the exchange may not offer such option over API because security.

You may, however, implement a subscription based system and the cost of the subscription is calculated based on account profit, although user might decide not to pay at the end of the billing cycle...

1337leet (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:13:59 PM

Yes.. I'm not a charity... so if I create such a bot.. then I wanna make profit.
But I hate to pay a static price for a software that I haven't ever seen or used.. that's why I don't want to sell my software in the traditional way...
I want something fair and new.... like a fee on the profit..
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:20:44 PM

Go SaaS, fee is calculated based on account profit, if user does not pay in the end of the cycle account gets frozen, access only restored when bill is paid...

If your software is good enough this might work.

1337leet (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:24:08 PM

Go SaaS, fee is calculated based on account profit, if user does not pay in the end of the cycle account gets frozen, access only restored when bill is paid...

If your software is good enough this might work.

That was my proposal before Cheesy

The software will be very good. I still am developing it - it will be the first fully automated tradingbot with A.I.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 02:45:54 PM

Are you going to share the losses? Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
1337leet (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:56:38 PM

Are you going to share the losses? Smiley

Which losses? Cheesy
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:21:42 AM

Make your software requires a license key, which expires every month or week.
You can assign a unique btc address to a user,if some amount show up in that address, then you sent the user a new key (this can be automated) so that user can use your software for another month or so.

If the software can automatically check key from a cloud locaton, yes this can be automated...
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:37:16 AM

This seems fairly simple.Could be easily achieved if you write a simple C++ console app or Java app using QT.Access the API of the exchanges (they allow in most cases),parse the data on the console or in your UI.Use other API to send and receive bitcoin payments ,modify the script a little bit so that whenever transaction happens,  a service fee is charged along with the transaction amount.Like blockchain.info does,you can only allow them to withdraw the amounts if they have enough money to pay for the service fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: