Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do now?  (Read 1183 times)
FriendlyChemist (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:49:00 PM

Hi dear members.
I have a PayPal account that is verified and I have been using it since 6 years until 5 days back a forum member , I will not take his name as all will laught at me because I am so foolish to trust him and he enticed me with profit.
I sold him 1.03 btc for 550$ PayPal and now he has charged back.
My account balance is now in negative red.
What should I do now ?

Thank you.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:21:08 PM

Start paying back PayPal.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6145

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:26:31 PM

Try to call paypal and explain the situation , if they don't believe and they leave the Chargeback as it is then there is two options :

1. Make a new fresh Paypal account. (I would do that)
2. Deposit the required money on the current Paypal account and get your balance back to normal . (I wouldn't do that If I were you).

Also It would be better if you could give us the name of the member on the forums so we can leave him negative trust on his profile and he don't scam more people . [You will have to provide proofs though]

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 07:28:42 PM

What should I do now ?
Open a scam accusation against him here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
If you received this payment as gift & he claimed it as unauthorized txn there is literally nothing that you can do other than paying PayPal back $550.

Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:21:11 PM

That's bad. But to pay Paypal 550$ is too much.

-tK

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:30:17 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 12:02:59 AM by -tK

Try to call paypal and explain the situation , if they don't believe and they leave the Chargeback as it is then there is two options :

You probably don't even know much about PayPal; using it to buy bitcoins is against their terms of service. AFAIK, the buyer had every right to chargeback (even though it's a selfish and stupid thing to do).[1]

[1]And sorry, but that is in essence what you are risking every time you sell bitcoins for PayPal. Although this is probably too late, always trade with a trusted partner.

1. Make a new fresh Paypal account. (I would do that)
2. Deposit the required money on the current Paypal account and get your balance back to normal . (I wouldn't do that If I were you).

I doubt he would willingly throw away a PayPal account he has been taking care of for 6 years.

*Edited because I mixed up the sides. Smiley*
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:36:38 PM

Wait.He used paypal or you used him to buy btc from him ? You have to open a scam accusations against that member as mentioned above in the correct format.I'm still not getting your problem though.You say you were using paypal from 6 years and he charged back ,how ? Did you buy btc with your paypal or he bought btc from you using his paypal?
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2184
Merit: 536

Hire Hindi Translator / CM?-> bit.ly/TranslationCM

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 03:22:04 AM

tell paypal the truth, you are selling bitcoins, I think they would do something for you, and may closing your account after this..  best wishes.,.

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:52:44 AM

Hi dear members.
I have a PayPal account that is verified and I have been using it since 6 years until 5 days back a forum member , I will not take his name as all will laught at me because I am so foolish to trust him and he enticed me with profit.
What should I do now ?

Thank you.

I guess your's is a genuine situation so better call paypal or contact the support and explain situation

If possibble try to submit screenshot of the chat and also the transaction Smiley

I am sure Paypal will do something incase yours is a verified Paypal Account
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:20:18 AM

Ok, this is what I have been saying for weeks now.  If you handle Paypal right, this can end in your favor.  The issue here is that you may have stepped wrong from the beginning. 

First off, a chargeback can be harder to handle than a simple dispute.  If all goes well, one phone call and you are golden.  As I said, the key is to work this right from before the sale, but let us see if you can recover.

I am going to cover what should have been done as well as what to do now.  First, you should have used screen shots of every thing that occurred between you and the other person from the get go.  There is simple software that will run and record a screen easy.  Get software like that now and use it.  During a pre-sale, one screenshot covering the length of the first conversation, you can still do that now for the thread or PM's that you two have had.  Additional screenshots every time you talk from this point forward. 

Second, make sure that each transaction is categorized right.  This is an intangible good and should be sold as a service.  Screenshot the BTC being sent if you send it or screenshot the history of transactions from the wallet now.

Place everything that you do in a single Desktop folder and never copy or move them.  The "file modified" date and time can be important showing that you did not create these things later on after the sale.

Now, before contacting Paypal prepare those items and start a new conversation with the buyer.  Be polite, be professional and act like you are trying to work things out.  You can even make them believe, without legally misleading them, that you are going to send more BTC for a new sale or whatever.  Point of this is to get them to refer to their real name that they used on Paypal.  If you are being nice this can and will happen.  Ask them a question that they can only answer by opening Paypal, like the transaction ID for the money you sent them.  This wll show that they had current access to the account and it has not been hacked or stolen.  Get them to admit to the chargeback.

Now...talking to Paypal.  Remember, we do this every day at the office.  We have prepared from the moment of the sale to the moment of the call.  Make the call.  Open up Paypal and go to Contact and request a call, this will give you the number to call and a reference number to use.  If possible, call from the phone you have listed on Paypal.

Tell them that it is in reference to the case number you are calling about and let them read up a couple minutes if need be.  Once they ask what is going on state this near exactly.  "I am calling about dispute number X, my buyer has attempted a charge back or dispute against me in this sale.  It is an intangible item and is not covered by Buyer Protection. I have tried to reason with the customer and get them to drop the dispute, but they refuse."

If you performed the sale right before hand, they will look at it for a moment and remove the dispute.  This is how all our calls go because we are set up beforehand.  However, you may have to go further.  Answer their questions and do not volunteer a lot of information.  They will ask you eventually if you have any proof that they agreed to the sale.  Offer to send the information you have compiled.  A normal dispute is one thing, a charge back is harder, but has some good things about it.  You and Paypal are not dealing directly with the buyer anymore, you are dealing with the credit card company.  Also, keep in mind that when we do this we do not care whether the customer gets their money back or not.  This is about your money and for us, our business.  If Paypal gives you your money and refunds the customer too, who cares. 

Since they have brought the credit card company into this, the rules changed.  Once you submit your documents, the burden of proof is now on the buyer and the credit card company.  Plus, they only have sixty days to make every thing happen. A Paypal dispute could, hypothetically, last for years.  A charge back must be wrapped up in sixty days.  You need to call Paypal soon, but, if you can stand it, drag it out as long as possible.  Once you have made first contact Paypal feels you are trying.  If you provide your proof fully on day 59 of the 60 days, that means that the credit card company must respond and completely refute the evidence in one day.

Paypal is on your side here.  Trust me, I make six of these phone calls a day.  If you went wrong from the beginning this may end poorly.  If you do it right from the first conversation, then you will have 100% success. 

1. Sell a Service and an intangible item

2. Record Everything

3. Respond Quickly and tell Paypal that their Terms have been violated by the buyer.

4. Send your Proof only if asked.

I am sorry if this left a bad taste in your mouth.  Paypal is a service that almost any online business must use.  Once you know what you are doing you will never lose another dime to a scammer.  Remember, you should not care whether the buyer gets money or not.  It is about you and it is nothing to get mad about or argue about.

Let me know what happens and PM me if you need more help.  This is easy if you do it right.
morantis

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:27:44 AM

One more thing that helps.  We started asking our clients on the phone during the sales call to verify their IP address for security purposes.  I doubt that this buyer will do that for you now without getting suspicious, but in the future you can ask that before any transaction and screenshot the results.  Both Paypal and the credit card company will love you for that little nugget.  That is a final nail in the coffin of any one committing fraud against the credit card and against Paypal.  There are very few laws that apply to sales involving only Crypto, but once they involve Paypal in trying to steal from you, they have committed a felony.
FriendlyChemist (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:26:20 AM

Well first time in so many years I had to call PayPal today, and I told them about my problem and they replied that the case was closed because it was issue of unauthorized payments, and they asked me what I service provided them and I told them truth and that very moment they start calling it my fault and started telling me that PayPal refunded money to buyer because this crypto is not supported on PayPal and you did that , I asked them earlier you were saying that you issued a refund because it was case of unauthorized payment.
They told their system is smart and detects what you are using PayPal for.
I just screamed at them and jammed the call.

Any suggestions on this??
FriendlyChemist (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:27:30 AM

I am shamed of me and would like to name the guy who put me in this situation and his name is Casio.
U2016

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:43:15 AM

Well first time in so many years I had to call PayPal today, and I told them about my problem and they replied that the case was closed because it was issue of unauthorized payments, and they asked me what I service provided them and I told them truth and that very moment they start calling it my fault and started telling me that PayPal refunded money to buyer because this crypto is not supported on PayPal and you did that , I asked them earlier you were saying that you issued a refund because it was case of unauthorized payment.
They told their system is smart and detects what you are using PayPal for.
I just screamed at them and jammed the call.

Any suggestions on this??

things could be better if you haven't jerked off the phone.
morantis

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:59:23 PM

Try starting over with a new call.  These guys are trained to say shit like that. There is nothing at all in their policies about the sale of Crypto or any other virtual currency.  Get a supervisor on the line and try not to yell at them.  When they start talking about something like that ask them where in Terms and Conditions it states that and have them give you the URL and anchor for that statement.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:50:56 PM

Open a scam accusation thread, and don't listen to the comments being made by the member with the negative trust. Call paypal and explain what happened.

I would also suggest you never use Paypal ever again.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
FriendlyChemist (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:52:14 AM

Open a scam accusation thread, and don't listen to the comments being made by the member with the negative trust. Call paypal and explain what happened.

I would also suggest you never use Paypal ever again.

Okay , i will again call them today , thanks for really helping me out in suggestions.
FriendlyChemist (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:54:08 AM

One more thing that helps.  We started asking our clients on the phone during the sales call to verify their IP address for security purposes.  I doubt that this buyer will do that for you now without getting suspicious, but in the future you can ask that before any transaction and screenshot the results.  Both Paypal and the credit card company will love you for that little nugget.  That is a final nail in the coffin of any one committing fraud against the credit card and against Paypal.  There are very few laws that apply to sales involving only Crypto, but once they involve Paypal in trying to steal from you, they have committed a felony.

I asked the guy over phone to get her supervisor contact detail , then she said nothing can be done over this issue as it is a matter of bitcoins , and there are no supervisors, what to do now?
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:56:30 AM

Hi dear members.
What should I do now ?

Thank you.
yes they are right,tell paypal the truth,send a support ticket,and ask paypal to do something for you,and i will suggest you to not do any transaction with people who use paypal without trusted escrow,this is maybe one of many warning for us,and please crate scam acusition on thread.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:02:12 AM

You should call paypal and clear your name mate, you don't have any chances because if I understood it correctly paypal have a strong rule about buying bitcoin. sorry to hear about your situation, but you need to clear your name.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: