Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to withdraw altcoins from cryptsy  (Read 906 times)
Antonioz (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 06:54:59 PM

Hello, I have several altcoins on cryptsy and I know they are having lots of issues lately, since the trading is off I can't convert them in BTC and then transfer them, can I transfer them as altcoins and if so where can i transfer them? I used cryptsy because of their possibility of dealing with many altcoins, is there any other recommended exchange where I can transfer them (or at least try Smiley) I have some ripple, infinite coin, neutron, uro etc... thank you
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:05:38 PM

Hello, I have several altcoins on cryptsy and I know they are having lots of issues lately, since the trading is off I can't convert them in BTC and then transfer them, can I transfer them as altcoins and if so where can i transfer them? I used cryptsy because of their possibility of dealing with many altcoins, is there any other recommended exchange where I can transfer them (or at least try Smiley) I have some ripple, infinite coin, neutron, uro etc... thank you

I would visit the ANN thread of the relevant coins and check if they are also traded on different exchanges.

Exchanges like Poloniex, Bittrex, Ccex and CCEDK are generally pretty ok to use. If they trade those coins you can send them there.

Otherwise you have no choice but to download the wallets if you want to keep them.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:45:50 AM

If withdrawals for a particular alt-coin are possible from Cryptsy, I would install the corresponding wallet software and take delivery. I am sure the members of the corresponding alt-coin community will be able to assist with how to install the corresponding wallet software. Once one has possession of one's alt-coin then one can decide what to do with it.  

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:45:44 PM

the thing is I got a few different coins there, but I'll try like this then, I am not very optimist I will be able to withdraw from cryptsy at all anyway!
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:14:42 AM

i think you won't get your coins back because these exchange are totally scam and you already know that many people can't withdraw their coins on these exchange
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

well this doesn't mean I shouldn't even give it a try as it doesn't cost me anything Smiley
hananl1styo

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Translator English to Indonesian Language

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:18:55 PM

you cannot withdraw your altcoin now from your account cryptsy now, and if cryptsy come back normal i recomended send your coin to website exchange bittrex or c-cex, and or you can trading your altcoin.
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:27:51 PM

yes I found that most of the wallets are currently "under mantainance"so hopefully they will be ok at some point, if not I will have to give up to the fact that those altcoins are lost
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:38:02 PM

yes I found that most of the wallets are currently "under mantainance"so hopefully they will be ok at some point, if not I will have to give up to the fact that those altcoins are lost

I am happy to say most of my altcoins were transferred out safely. I did make a loss because i had to buy every coin with some kind of super inflation.
But at least i don't have to login every day to check if it already is working.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: