Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is escrowmybits safe  (Read 870 times)
oliviancool (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:15:35 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 10:18:44 PM by oliviancool

Hi, who can tell me more about this site, i am willing to trade some bitcoins and i would like to know If this website is safe, thank you!
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:53:48 PM

While I haven't personally used the site, I can tell you that the person who runs it on there is this user: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=54489

Looking at their feedback, there's some trusted red, however, there aren't references for a single complaint.  That's not to say the person is necessarily to be trusted or not trusted - I'm just pointing out two sides to their rep.  It doesn't look like their former threads have gotten any feedback, positive or otherwise.

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:34:41 AM

Hi, who can tell me more about this site, i am willing to trade some bitcoins and i would like to know If this website is safe, thank you!

personally, I wouldn't escrow my bits anywhere.

There is a trusted 3 + more list on this forum, use them.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:11:17 PM

Hi,

We are quite trusted, and you can view my personal ratings here on bitcointalk or on bitcoin-otc.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:15:21 PM

Just use one of the trusted escrows on this forum!
That is the best way to go to enable you to escrow Bitcoins, and can also help contribute tto the community.
Unless you can trace the owner of this new website, there is no point in using it as they will probably disappear with your Bitcoins.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:17:21 PM

That is the best way to go to enable you to escrow Bitcoins, and can also help contribute tto the community.
Unless you can trace the owner of this new website, there is no point in using it as they will probably disappear with your Bitcoins.

What exactly differentiates a website disappearing over night and a user on a forum disappearing overnight? If anything I would think a website would be less likely to disappear over small amounts as there is an initial cost. You have to buy a domain, SSL certificate, hosting etc... compared to a user on a forum who can get signup for free.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

@starsoccer9 , Is your escrow is instant ? like any time i can use your service ? how can we know in depth who is controlling the escrow 24/7 ?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:23:27 PM

@starsoccer9 , Is your escrow is instant ? like any time i can use your service ? how can we know in depth who is controlling the escrow 24/7 ?

Can you clarify on what you mean by instant. Most escrow is not instant. By that I mean usually a good or service is being exchanged so some time is needed. If by instant you mean able to create an escrow 24/7 and deposit then yes. Anyone at any time can create an escrow and deposit. The only time it is not instant is when a dispute arises.
lolxxxx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 09:26:22 PM

Can you clarify on what you mean by instant. Most escrow is not instant. By that I mean usually a good or service is being exchanged so some time is needed. If by instant you mean able to create an escrow 24/7 and deposit then yes. Anyone at any time can create an escrow and deposit. The only time it is not instant is when a dispute arises.

Oh ok So it means it's not totally instant , The buyer is able to deposit the money in the address instant but the seller needs to wait for you to come online and proceeds ?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:28:06 PM

Oh ok So it means it's not totally instant , The buyer is able to deposit the money in the address instant but the seller needs to wait for you to come online and proceeds ?

No not at all, an escrow with no disputes can happen in theoretically in seconds. In reality due to bitcoin confirmations it will probably take closer to an hour. There is no need to wait for anyone. The only time you wait is when a dispute happens, otherwise an escrow transaction can happen instantly.
lolxxxx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 09:34:27 PM

No not at all, an escrow with no disputes can happen in theoretically in seconds. In reality due to bitcoin confirmations it will probably take closer to an hour. There is no need to wait for anyone. The only time you wait is when a dispute happens, otherwise an escrow transaction can happen instantly.

Sound Good I will try your site soon i hope nothing goes wrong . Is there any official discussion thread about your site ? Also i want to know how many peoples already trusted you .?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:36:18 PM

Sound Good I will try your site soon i hope nothing goes wrong . Is there any official discussion thread about your site ? Also i want to know how many peoples already trusted you .?

There a few scattered threads about the site, as well as a few people asking about the site. If you do a quick google search a lot of results will come up that should help prove some of the trust.
letyouearn2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:51:21 AM

Hi,

We are quite trusted, and you can view my personal ratings here on bitcointalk or on bitcoin-otc.

If a well reputed legendary member  with a too good trust ratings is providing escrow service , then I believe it will be safe to use it.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 11:52:44 AM

Hi,

If a well reputed legendary member  with a too good trust ratings is providing escrow service , then I believe it will be safe to use it.

Thanks, though I would also be careful, some users have bitcointalk accounts and simply sell them and then you can be scammed by a legendary user simply because he account was sold.
lightyard12

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:54:45 AM

Hi,

Thanks, though I would also be careful, some users have bitcointalk accounts and simply sell them and then you can be scammed by a legendary user simply because he account was sold.
Do you escrow physical goods? If you do, how do you solve a dispute involving them?

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:17:30 PM

Hi,

Do you escrow physical goods? If you do, how do you solve a dispute involving them?

Yes we do, while no dispute process is foolproof, we request proof from both the buyer and seller and based on the proof provide or lack of proof provided, make a final decision.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:27:22 PM

What exactly differentiates a website disappearing over night and a user on a forum disappearing overnight? If anything I would think a website would be less likely to disappear over small amounts as there is an initial cost. You have to buy a domain, SSL certificate, hosting etc... compared to a user on a forum who can get signup for free.

I will take that argument, however will disupte it. It is harder for a forum member to disappear if they are legendary and are on DT and are trusted by the community. The reason → Their account is worth more than the transaction.
A website is not too expensive, I know I could purchase a year of website bandwidth for $0.5. Or go to somewhere like steadyturtle and get hosting for a month for $1.60, so the account of someone with more than 100 trust points is better than that simple site setup, however, you are already also a DT legendary member.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:38:22 PM

I will take that argument, however will disupte it. It is harder for a forum member to disappear if they are legendary and are on DT and are trusted by the community. The reason → Their account is worth more than the transaction.
A website is not too expensive, I know I could purchase a year of website bandwidth for $0.5. Or go to somewhere like steadyturtle and get hosting for a month for $1.60, so the account of someone with more than 100 trust points is better than that simple site setup, however, you are already also a DT legendary member.

That is a good point, I am not sure I agree with you on your pricing on a website, though, I would say even if you go the cheapest possible route you are looking at 10$ or so plus an hour or so.

I agree having a website + legendary member does help, but I have seen many sites where someone simply uses a brand new account and yet people still deposit money into it. It has always amazed me.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:07:11 PM

That is a good point, I am not sure I agree with you on your pricing on a website, though, I would say even if you go the cheapest possible route you are looking at 10$ or so plus an hour or so.

I agree having a website + legendary member does help, but I have seen many sites where someone simply uses a brand new account and yet people still deposit money into it. It has always amazed me.

It is good that we have a member centrally to that site that is well trusted on this forum.
There are some users that are more trusted, but being that picky is not good!
And yes, a hosting payment, design of site and good member of the forum is probably better than a newbie offering a scheme that will just disappear after its first deposit.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:26:45 PM

It is good that we have a member centrally to that site that is well trusted on this forum.
There are some users that are more trusted, but being that picky is not good!
And yes, a hosting payment, design of site and good member of the forum is probably better than a newbie offering a scheme that will just disappear after its first deposit.

Agreed, I think the main advantage of a website is really that the process can be automated a great deal. I mean the majority of the escrow case do not a dispute so rather then waiting on an escrow agent to come online and release the funds, they can be released nearly instantly. This advantage matters a lot less for multi-signature, but for regular escrow which seems to be what most people surprisingly prefer, it has its advantages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: