Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN HALVING IS COMING!!!  (Read 3823 times)
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:43:39 AM

supply halve + demand remain = price increase.
since the bitcoin price is now starting to increase, ready to buy more bitcoin for yourself to get rich. Tongue
if you mine bitcoins now, you can still earn a great amount of bitcoins until the halve.

Yup exactly you are right! But miners also will get benefit after halving by blocks like, they will get extra payment for their mining work.
So even miners also need not worry about it.
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:50:35 AM

yes the bitcoin halving is coming so that is pretty good for the future of the bitcoin and for us all that invested in the bitcoin, if you now invest you will sure make profit at the end.
I think its just a matter of time before the price will jump because of the halving.
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:03:27 AM

yes the bitcoin halving is coming so that is pretty good for the future of the bitcoin and for us all that invested in the bitcoin, if you now invest you will sure make profit at the end.
I think its just a matter of time before the price will jump because of the halving.

I think the price will double after the halving so it is good time to invest now. But it is better to invest for the long term.

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 09:16:24 AM

Hi
Was the halving designed from the bigining or is an outcome of big and unsuspected interest inBTC?

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:26:15 AM

Bitcoin halving is fast approaching. Some has suggested that the recent price increase also due to the halving thats gonna take place in a few months time. Now itself users started holding their valuable bitcoins so to make great profit.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:32:08 PM

It's demand that will drive the price. Coins will still be mined, so if demand doesn't increase, then the price will drop. What could hold back demand? Well one factor could be increased confirmation times as miners drop out of the mix, or submit more empty blocks. 10 minutes between blocks is far to long to build public opinion regardless of block sizes. In fact increased block sizes could lead to longer confirmation times if miners don't fill blocks, and transaction sizes increase.

not really, there is a massive manipulation going on that is done by the miners themselves, if you think that the miner will let all their asic worth nothing you're wrong

it's too damn profitable for them, they will manipulate the market to increase the value

How exactly can miners manipulate the price (drive it up) when they only have bitcoins? The best they could do is to not to dump them on the market too quickly. But that's hardly a manipulation.

To manipulate the price up, they'd need large amounts of fiat money.

I agree with you. Miners cannot manipulate the price up, they could only manipulate the price down by dumping Bitcoin. That's the beauty of the halving: it's not a manipulation. There simply is only half the supply, the price naturally has to raise.

Yes Miners can manipulate the bitcoin price to the extend that they can bring the price down or up. But invester can make price up but buying a lot of bitcoins and making shortage of coins for a time period. When Demand will be greater and supply will be less, the bitcoin price will automatically increases.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

Bitcoin halving is fast approaching. Some has suggested that the recent price increase also due to the halving thats gonna take place in a few months time. Now itself users started holding their valuable bitcoins so to make great profit.

Exactly It will fall on september only, Most probably It will fall on last week of september 2016 I think.
vinaha (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:36:36 AM

Hi
Was the halving designed from the bigining or is an outcome of big and unsuspected interest inBTC?

Satoshi programmed it to half every 210,000 blocks.

Pretty genius actually. Now when people are getting more familiar with bitcoin, the halving will have an impressive effect I think.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 01:00:37 AM

We will see if it results in a price increase. Technically, it should be price positive, as long as things continue on the same. Other factors can majorly affect the price although. Regardless, its another milestone in bitcoins history.

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:20:53 AM

It's going to come in about 136 days. I think that the price is going to reach about $600.
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

Hi

Pretty genius actually. Now when people are getting more familiar with bitcoin, the halving will have an impressive effect I think.

I think the block reward scheme used by Monero or Bytecoin is better. It reduces the reward every day.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:08:40 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 10:26:57 AM by Patatas

I think the block reward scheme used by Monero or Bytecoin is better. It reduces the reward every day.
How is it better than ? How will the miners make the money or do you think if the block rewards reduces daily,where it can end to ? NULL ? Who will conform the transactions then? The block reward and halving programmed by Satoshi is genius ,it is progmmatically accurate .
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:24:40 AM

How is it better than ? How will the miners make the money or do you think if the block rewards reduces daily,where it can end to ?

If you reduce the block rewards by some small percent daily you might get practically the same total final supply of 21 millions for Bitcoin as well, but it seems more complicated than once every long period like 4 years. Let assume the block reward today is 23.375 BTC, tommorow 23.365 and so on, well its just more complicated thats all

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:20:22 PM

Hi

Every one is dreaming and talking about bit coin halving in 2016 but no one can predict when and how it will start and bring smiles on all people's faces but for sure bit coin halving will appear very soon and start increasing after that no matter what's the limit.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:22:52 PM

It's going to come in about 136 days. I think that the price is going to reach about $600.

i think we can reach more than $600, in my opinion we can reach $800 (two fold of current price) .
block halving is very important to control bitcoin supply

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Ok but what will happen next after halving? Price will continue to rise till another halving or what?
Can we expect doubling of price every time?
Rewards are smaller but mining costs are same. Huh
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:33:21 PM

Ok but what will happen next after halving? Price will continue to rise till another halving or what?
Can we expect doubling of price every time?
Rewards are smaller but mining costs are same. Huh

you can't expect anything, it is all speculations.

but there are facts to it also. like halving will lead to less supply which means price going up.
plus there is the fact that bitcoin is growing and the more people that uses it leads to higher prices. so in time you can expect price rise.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:05:49 PM

supply halve + demand remain = price increase.
since the bitcoin price is now starting to increase, ready to buy more bitcoin for yourself to get rich. Tongue
if you mine bitcoins now, you can still earn a great amount of bitcoins until the halve.

Yup exactly you are right! But miners also will get benefit after halving by blocks like, they will get extra payment for their mining work.
So even miners also need not worry about it.

Some people sees it differently though.
if the supply increases, the current market cap will divided to all the number coins thus the value. This could be possible though.  hope what will happen is the other way round as the exchange sites sells them more than its value while btc demands is constantly increasing.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:10:44 PM

I think the implementation of Segwit is more interesting and will be more beneficial to the price then the halving.

When Segwit goes live in April I expect a nice price bump, people might try and play it off as something to do with the halving.

If successful with no hiccups it's going to help move this twards the moon.

bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:18:28 PM

It is on bitcoinclock, but i think it is changing. It might be even sooner. I hope the price rises after though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: