Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Alcheminer 256 MH/s miner and boards  (Read 1907 times)
blg42598 (OP)

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:34:23 AM

It's a PITA and there is no guarantee everything works 100% with the boards as he can't test it.
If he fixes it and can prove they work as intended someone will buy it, but for a 'very' longshot, sadly it won't get you much $$.
Maybe someone will get it as a project to play with, but it will be cheap. I'd offer 1/2BTC for the whole set, IF it comes with the original case and box.
Otherwise it's a paperweight, sorry.

I was able to flash the firmware into the boards, the firmware in the thread. So the boards run. I just couldn't figure out how to start the miner application

actually, they works with original control board? not yours, because is dead, of course...

I flashed new firmware in them for cgminer on the raspberry pi. I'm not sure if it'll work with the original, you'd probably have to flash the old firmware back to them. Unless they still store the original firmware from alcheminer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:47:09 AM

It's a PITA and there is no guarantee everything works 100% with the boards as he can't test it.
If he fixes it and can prove they work as intended someone will buy it, but for a 'very' longshot, sadly it won't get you much $$.
Maybe someone will get it as a project to play with, but it will be cheap. I'd offer 1/2BTC for the whole set, IF it comes with the original case and box.

I was able to flash the firmware into the boards, the firmware in the thread. So the boards run. I just couldn't figure out how to start the miner application

actually, they works with original control board? not yours, because is dead, of course...

I flashed new firmware in them for cgminer on the raspberry pi. I'm not sure if it'll work with the original, you'd probably have to flash the old firmware back to them. Unless they still store the original firmware from alcheminer.
Do you ha have a copy?

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
randes

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:45:23 PM

Want to try this, 0.2 btc offer for 4 boards.

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:13:03 PM

Do you ha have a copy?

Yes, it's available on their site. https://www.alcheminer.com/downloads/
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:18:45 PM

So if I understand you have successfully flashed the boards, but are unable to get cgminer to recognize and begin mining with them?

I'm curious how did you actually interface with the boards to flash them? Is there a USB connection, or UART maybe? And once they are flashed how did you connect them to the Pi? I'm hoping its standard USB, but if its UART or something else that complicates things.

It is UART. There's a way to connect them easier to the pi with a UART USB adapter. I have not tried that, but the guide I linked shows you how to use those too.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:23:58 PM

So if I understand you have successfully flashed the boards, but are unable to get cgminer to recognize and begin mining with them?

I'm curious how did you actually interface with the boards to flash them? Is there a USB connection, or UART maybe? And once they are flashed how did you connect them to the Pi? I'm hoping its standard USB, but if its UART or something else that complicates things.

It is UART. There's a way to connect them easier to the pi with a UART USB adapter. I have not tried that, but the guide I linked shows you how to use those too.

Thanks. I edited my comment to say I read through and found its UART, and then when I saw your response I accidentally deleted it...one of those days I guess.

My next question though...these drivers are designed for bfgminer, so why did you choose cgminer?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 07:54:04 PM

Thanks. I edited my comment to say I read through and found its UART, and then when I saw your response I accidentally deleted it...one of those days I guess.

My next question though...these drivers are designed for bfgminer, so why did you choose cgminer?

Sorry it is bfgminer. I have no idea why I put cgminer. I've been using cg for my gpus I got them mixed. Sorry for the confusion.
Nitroshock

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:27:09 PM

Offer for 1-2 boards sent via PM. I must be in a gambling mood...
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:59:58 PM

Sorry it is bfgminer. I have no idea why I put cgminer. I've been using cg for my gpus I got them mixed. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem I was just curious, I might be interested in 1-2 boards but I will need to do a little research on this first. I will PM you an offer if I decide its worth getting into.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 06:05:57 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 07:03:26 PM by toptek

I might be interested in four boards will you sell the heat sinks with them ?.

I m not to sure what you mean by the CPU you have is dead. is that the controller ?. or is that the power board like S5 etc have that the controller mounts on, can you post Pictures so i have some idea just what I get ?. i know nothing about this brand miner, hard ware wise . is this two miners or one you will either sell as parts or the full miner?. The way the title reads to me  it's two miners for sell one works and the other one has a bad CPU /controller ?. if its one miner that needs a Cpu which I'm not to sure what you mean how much for the full miner with shipping my zip is 21012 and it does work once the controller / cpu is replaced ?.

or do you mean the control panel i did some research kind of ?.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:47:25 AM

I m not to sure what you mean by the CPU you have is dead. is that the controller ?. or is that the power board like S5 etc have that the controller mounts on, can you post Pictures so i have some idea just what I get ?. i know nothing about this brand miner, hard ware wise . is this two miners or one you will either sell as parts or the full miner?. The way the title reads to me  it's two miners for sell one works and the other one has a bad CPU /controller ?. if its one miner that needs a Cpu which I'm not to sure what you mean how much for the full miner with shipping my zip is 21012 and it does work once the controller / cpu is replaced ?.

Yes the heatsinks are included, and by cpu I do mean the control board. It's one miner wih 8 boards that mine about 32 MH/s each. I can sell the whole miner as one unit. It will work once the controller is replaced. If you can't get an alcheminer controller, I linked a tutorial to use a raspberry bi as the controller in my post.

I will post pictures when I get home in a few hours
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:56:06 AM

Yes the heatsinks are included, and by cpu I do mean the control board. It's one miner wih 8 boards that mine about 32 MH/s each. I can sell the whole miner as one unit. It will work once the controller is replaced. If you can't get an alcheminer controller, I linked a tutorial to use a raspberry bi as the controller in my post.

I will post pictures when I get home in a few hours

I pmed you if the price is right I may take whole unit depends on price let me know . ill make a offer as well once i see it. I'm not worry about the red by your name most of the time that's bs, i looked at your trust it looks good other then your account got hacked, i assume by your commit back. and you do live in the US ,i hate using Escrow and try not to if you live in the US. our laws are good on fraud.

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:03:57 AM

4 boards pending purchase, these are still available! I can also accept PayPal
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:22:16 PM

I pmed you if the price is right I may take whole unit depends on price let me know . ill make a offer as well once i see it. I'm not worry about the red by your name most of the time that's bs, i looked at your trust it looks good other then your account got hacked, i assume by your commit back. and you do live in the US ,i hate using Escrow and try not to if you live in the US. our laws are good on fraud.

Wow. Did Your account get hacked, because that is some of the .. ahem... not-the-smartest things a senior level member could say on this forum.  Cheesy

Since you're dealing with Bitcoin, you have ZERO recourse in the US even. It's digital currency, it's untraceable (Thus even the PO will not investigate a fraud claim) and unless you visit the person who scams you in person (which is considered stalking and YOU can be arrested for that), you really have zero recourse.

Small claim courts will cost you time and $$ and most of the time never collect out of state. Just FYI.

Go Big or Go Home.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:36:37 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 08:09:09 PM by toptek

Wow. Did Your account get hacked, because that is some of the .. ahem... not-the-smartest things a senior level member could say on this forum.  Cheesy

Since you're dealing with Bitcoin, you have ZERO recourse in the US even. It's digital currency, it's untraceable (Thus even the PO will not investigate a fraud claim) and unless you visit the person who scams you in person (which is considered stalking and YOU can be arrested for that), you really have zero recourse.

Small claim courts will cost you time and $$ and most of the time never collect out of state. Just FYI.

no i mean it !!!  .. If I pay in cash it's different for goods Smiley . and actually there is no place on earth i know of that will do anything if i buy in bitcoins to any extent unless it involves millions and i won't say i won't get hacked because then I will but im not stupid i don't do dumb shit on the web that might cause me to get hacked . this might seem stupid to you but it's not. I am well a ware of how small claims court counts work, im still trying to decide if I want the four boards i can buy four a2 boards some place else etc i want these more and me and him are talking in PM i won't post here unless he kdfs;lkjn me if i do buy them .he wants bitcoins but i may still pay in cash as computer goods then im better off etc etc

I know the laws well being held up at a atm once and some others i know got robed once but they had charges bought against them for shooting the robber they were told they would have been better off  killing him : i know that is considered stalking and YOU can be arrested , and the court system in my state is a big joke but i may still pay cash with protection that does work i have got it all back in the past etc that way it was a pain in the ass but i got it all back and no matter what i say or do there is  always that 5 % fail rate nothing but one thing, is a 100 %, we won't get in that here.

I was not hacked .yet i hope i never am but it can happen no matter what i do,

and i hate Escrow that much if i can pay in cash and protect it i will in most cases. Escrow would be a last resort thing for me unless i buy out of the US.
why im even telling you this no idea  but thanks for the tips but im well a ware of all you said

i do appreciate that you care).

but the one thing stopping me from buying now is no Pictures , i may ask again for Pictures and if he did flash them to a pi i need proof  as well because i will re flash them to bfg ,

I think i tried to buy a few boards off you once but you decided not to sell them to anyone you told me I believe:).

blg42598 (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:54:12 AM

See here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rh97izn0ol5zr6v/AACxsbN-3Pi60RSOUwXaONABa?dl=0

I had unscrewed each board and flashed them with jumper cables.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: