Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stopping gift card money laundering  (Read 5934 times)
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:16:27 PM

Who are you to LET THEM ? who am i to LET YOU ? who are WE to LET HIM ? who is theymos to LET US ? oh fuck he is the land owner,yes he can LET or NOT LET US.
1. I'm anyone who cares. If you see something clearly wrong and it's in your hands to help without causing a bigger harm then do it.

what affects you ? people losing thousands of coins on cryptsy doesn't affects you ? people dying in wars doesn't affects you ? what are you doing for it ,don't LET that happen ?
Nothing of that affects me directly but of course I'd like to stop it because it affects others, unfortunately I can't. So what's your point? Because I can't magically fix the world then I should do nothing about anything?

It is Scam,No ? We have the 51% attack then why don't we use it to stop them is my question.Lets stop and reverse the transactions.
First, I can't do anything about that. Secondly, it would most probably cause more harm (to bitcoin) than good. So no, I do not think we should do that.
But as I said before this has nothing to do with anything. Stay on focus!

If you use your DT position to stop anything and for once i assume you caught them red handed, then why do the people don't use 51% position to reverse the coins to the victims ? or why not ask theymos to do some glitch in the software and reverse the coins ?

Let me tell you,even if 1 btc transaction gets reversed for a GOOD CAUSE then only mental retards will be using the bitcoin.The coin will collapse under 20 minutes.Let the cause be good or bad,one cannot force the other.It will become a vulnerable environment.
Of course it would be a bad idea. Don't post nonsense.

I'm stopping replying to you unless you start posting on topic.

1. But you have said multiple times in this thread that you are not sure hence you're not this person

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:20:01 PM

So you think it's better to let people sell obviously illegal cards?
Who are you to LET THEM ? who am i to LET YOU ? who are WE to LET HIM ? who is theymos to LET US ? oh fuck he is the land owner,yes he can LET or NOT LET US.

Do you think it's better to let them keep doing their illegal business because it doesn't affect me directly?
what affects you ? people losing thousands of coins on cryptsy doesn't affects you ? people dying in wars doesn't affects you ? what are you doing for it ,don't LET that happen ?

stereotype "I won't touch bitcoin, it's only good for illegal trading" is very popular.
they are not reputation.They don't define anything,they are part of typical population/Workers.Since when have stereotype become the foundation of your philosophy ?

That doesn't have anything to do with anything.
It is Scam,No ? We have the 51% attack then why don't we use it to stop them is my question.Lets stop and reverse the transactions.

You are skipping the Logic here.If you use your DT position to stop anything and for once i assume you caught them red handed, then why do the people don't use 51% position to reverse the coins to the victims ? or why not ask theymos to do some glitch in the software and reverse the coins ?

Let me tell you,even if 1 btc transaction gets reversed for a GOOD CAUSE then only mental retards will be using the bitcoin.The coin will collapse under 20 minutes.Let the cause be good or bad,one cannot force the other.It will become a vulnerable environment.

asking why someone decides to go after this and not after that doesnt make any sense. if someone decides to pick something its his choice. you could choose to work on helping people that lost coins on cryptsy, why dont you?

Do you see him going after people selling giftcards without  any proof??

You still didnt look at the trustpage, did you? Let me post a pic of it:

i left a small hint where to look at... try to explain what you see, just to make sure you actually read it.

If Heutenamos decides to do so, i am fine with it. Also if he brings back cryptsy lost funds or if he starts to push whales back into the sea. I am cool with all of it.

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:22:14 PM

So you think it's better to let people sell obviously illegal cards?

Do you think it's better to let them keep doing their illegal business because it doesn't affect me directly?

stereotype "I won't touch bitcoin, it's only good for illegal trading" is very popular.
they are not reputation.They don't define anything,they are part of typical population/Workers.Since when have stereotype become the foundation of your philosophy ?

That doesn't have anything to do with anything.

You are skipping the Logic here.If you use your DT position to stop anything and for once i assume you caught them red handed, then why do the people don't use 51% position to reverse the coins to the victims ? or why not ask theymos to do some glitch in the software and reverse the coins ?

asking why someone decides to go after this and not after that doesnt make any sense. if someone decides to pick something its his choice. you could choose to work on helping people that lost coins on cryptsy, why dont you?

Do you see him going after people selling giftcards without  any proof??

You still didnt look at the trustpage, did you? Let me post a pic of it:

i left a small hint where to look at... try to explain what you see, just to make sure you actually read it.

If Heutenamos decides to do so, i am fine with it. Also if he brings back cryptsy lost funds or if he starts to push whales back into the sea. I am cool with all of it.

Bro, im not talking to you, im arguing the case of anonymous22, you didnt leave any rating for him and it would be stupid if you did

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:23:12 PM

Guys it's good,the efforts ,the spirit.But I will NEVER EVER agree to use my position or something that is in my control to force anyone for a good or bad cause.You all know it is wrong.

@Mobi, you actually proved my point in your own post,Thanks.

Edit:

Daniel, nobody cares and what makes you think i am responsible for the losses of the grown up adults trading on that exchange ? they know all the loop holes and they are solely responsible for that and yes i will help if i could but not by forcing the scammer....lol It doesn't works that way.

yo
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:32:51 PM

Guys it's good,the efforts ,the spirit.But I will NEVER EVER agree to use my position or something that is in my control to force anyone for a good or bad cause.You all know it is wrong.
I strongly believe forcing untrustworthy users to stop being untrustworthy is right. And clearly most people agree on that. It's clearly right.
That's why the police forces criminals to stop and go to jail, or even just drivers not to go too fast. (Just an example).

I have no idea what point you consider proved but sure, whatever you say.

Anyway regarding anonymous22, he's said he presented the proof to Ognasty. If he confirms everything is legal then of course I'll remove my feedback. If he doesn't then that would prove his cards are not legally obtained.  

Unfortunately this thread is going off topic. I hoped to have a valuable discussion here. Anyway I won't lock it, people may still post really valuable opinions.

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:42:31 PM

1. I strongly believe forcing untrustworthy users to stop being untrustworthy is right. And clearly most people agree on that. It's clearly right.
2. That's why the police forces criminals to stop and go to jail, or even just drivers not to go too fast. (Just an example).

I have no idea what point you consider proved but sure, whatever you say.

Anyway regarding anonymous22, he's said he presented the proof to Ognasty. If he confirms everything is legal then of course I'll remove my feedback. If he doesn't then that would prove his cards are not legally obtained.  

Unfortunately this thread is going off topic. I hoped to have a valuable discussion here. Anyway I won't lock it, people may still post really valuable opinions.
lol, look at the logic

1. How do you go about knowing if a user is untrustworthy? if he offers 30% discounts?

2. Yes, police fore criminals into jail but they must first get evidence to arrest them, they dont arrest people on gut feelings

When were you appointed by theymos as they guy that decided if someone is untrustworthy?

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:49:40 PM

Bro, im not talking to you, im arguing the case of anonymous22, you didnt leave any rating for him and it would be stupid if you did

i am talking in genral (yeah and for my self) if someone thinks someone is a scammer he can just use the system.

Daniel, nobody cares and what makes you think i am responsible for the losses of the grown up adults trading on that exchange ? they know all the loop holes and they are solely responsible for that and yes i will help if i could but not by forcing the scammer....lol It doesn't works that way.

i think you didnt read the post correct. It was about picking up soemthing you want to change. YPII took you as example, so did i

EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:52:20 PM

lol, look at the logic

1. How do you go about knowing if a user is untrustworthy? if he offers 30% discounts?

2. Yes, police fore criminals into jail but they must first get evidence to arrest them, they dont arrest people on gut feelings

When were you appointed by theymos as they guy that decided if someone is untrustworthy?

Not again! Really?!
If it obviously looks untrustworthy then most probably it is. And it's OK to act especially when it's so easy to prove he's not untrustworthy. Please re-read the thread once more. If you still don't get it then read again and again until you get it. Don't quit!
Nobody is police here, so we all need to work together!

What you people are saying is ,Raping a bitch is good because she is scamming, hurting many people.Sorry,I don't agree to that, Sir.
More completely unrelated nonsense!  Roll Eyes

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:57:16 PM

I strongly believe forcing untrustworthy users to stop being untrustworthy is right.
Believes,right ?

That's why the police forces criminals to stop and go to jail, or even just drivers not to go too fast. (Just an example).
If that is reported with proper evidence then the Cop goes inn for some years or even a decade.You cannot touch the criminal before you present him to the court.It is abuse which is what you agree to do.

It was about picking up soemthing you want to change.
Yes, but not by forcing anybody but by helping.There is a difference.

What you people are saying is ,Raping a bitch is good because she is scamming, hurting many people.Sorry,I don't agree to that, Sir.

yo
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:11:26 PM

lol, look at the logic

Not again! Really?!
If it obviously looks untrustworthy then most probably it is. And it's OK to act especially when it's so easy to prove he's not untrustworthy. Please re-read the thread once more. If you still don't get it then read again and again until you get it. Don't quit!
Nobody is police here, so we all need to work together!

So if someone offers a 30% discount then he is untrustworthy?
give me a yes or no answer

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:17:03 PM

Sad you take extreme approaches at certain things, it has been repeated by EcuaMobi that he considers many factors before being suspicious of an individual. If the discount was given for
1) Unlimited period of time
2) For more than 5 GC
3) The user has a shady history

I would consider the individual to be untrustworthy if two of the criteria fit him, he always has the option of explaining .

Also at this point I'm wondering you're just making this comments for the paid sig, I know its quite douche-baggy of me to retaliate like this, but you've repeated that point with EcuaMobi replying the same thing over and over again
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:19:05 PM

I strongly believe forcing untrustworthy users to stop being untrustworthy is right.
Believes,right ?

If that is reported with proper evidence then the Cop goes inn for some years or even a decade.You cannot touch the criminal before you present him to the court.It is abuse which is what you agree to do.

It was about picking up soemthing you want to change.
Yes, but not by forcing anybody but by helping.There is a difference.

we dont rape people, we leave feedbacks on them. thats two pairs of shoes. i dont tell them to stop something, sometime i suggest it in other topics. while they are tagged i try to get their threads deleted. worked fine so far.

and btw: bitches are not scamming... they are just bitches

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:23:22 PM

Sad you take extreme approaches at certain things, it has been repeated by EcuaMobi that he considers many factors before being suspicious of an individual. If the discount was given for
1) Unlimited period of time
2) For more than 5 GC
3) The user has a shady history

I would consider the individual to be untrustworthy if two of the criteria fit him, he always has the option of explaining .

Also at this point I'm wondering you're just making this comments for the paid sig, I know its quite douche-baggy of me to retaliate like this, but you've repeated that point with EcuaMobi replying the same thing over and over again
If only you guys had given clear answers then this thread wouldnt be as long

Also, im offended that you think i am posting in this thread to get sig money

also, define unlimited period of time, and also, what if someone offers 6 giftcards, then they are more untrustworthy than someone who offers 5?

Also why dont you acknowledge the fact that acquiring giftcards and then selling in bulk at a loss is feasible

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

-snip-

What you are saying is, when someone is "raping a bitch" you stand aside and do nothing, because you do not force anyone. That does not make you neutral, it makes you inhumane.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.[1]

Those on DT can not actually act, they can only issue a warning that is easily seen. Issuing it is not abusive and opinion is commonly used in absence of proof. This is nothing new, its just a new area that is targeted.

[1] https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Desmond_Tutu

PS: With that being said I dont think the effort a few here put in this will be rewarded. Same with the ponzi section, people will ignore the warnings anyway, so let them make their own mistakes.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:29:25 PM

Also why dont you acknowledge the fact that acquiring giftcards and then selling in bulk at a loss is feasible

please explain how one can buy GCs in bulk so he gets awesome discounts like 80%

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:34:52 PM

please explain how one can buy GCs in bulk so he gets awesome discounts like 80%
You dont have to buy them, skip back a few pages, and an 80% discount is probably not legit, in talking about people giving discounts in the  20-30% region

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:51:02 PM

You dont have to buy them, skip back a few pages, and an 80% discount is probably not legit, in talking about people giving discounts in the  20-30% region

i know there are websites out there, and i think i posted it before, that enables reselling with that rates. i didnt check anonymous22 cards against public offers, but i know a few sellers that use that as their source.

so basicly your fighting for anonymous22 because this might be his source while we talking about hardcore discounts. so we talking in different directions. BUT if OgNasty confirms the source is fine, anons feedback will be removed. So the system works.

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 11:50:50 PM

i know there are websites out there, and i think i posted it before, that enables reselling with that rates. i didnt check anonymous22 cards against public offers, but i know a few sellers that use that as their source.

so basicly your fighting for anonymous22 because this might be his source while we talking about hardcore discounts. so we talking in different directions. BUT if OgNasty confirms the source is fine, anons feedback will be removed. So the system works.
The system doesnt work if there doesnt need to be proof for the feedback to be left but there needs to be proof for it to be removed

whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:56:52 PM

The system doesnt work if there doesnt need to be proof for the feedback to be left but there needs to be proof for it to be removed

if something looks like fish, smells like fish people might think it is fish. that is how it goes

Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:31:13 AM

if something looks like fish, smells like fish people might think it is fish. that is how it goes

Think I understand now! You two are very similar in thinking where the world is black & white. The above statement and lack of understanding to the issue prove this.
Think you are going to continue disrespecting people and trying to bend them to your might. This thread and the others show you will do what you want and the forum be damned.
Hopefully others with will come here and show this is not just a few that worry about the tact.

Enough from me, I disagree strongly and hope this aspect is thought about more.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: