Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies Beware! BITINSTANT.COM selective scamming? IGNORED BY SUPPORT! 1/5  (Read 3294 times)
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

Yeah, Bitinstant is one of the best ways to get bitcoins there is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 01:15:51 AM

. . . Sounds like your funds were sent to a different address. Did you give him the wrong payment address?
If so, this certainly won't be the first time that someone gives BitInstant the wrong bitcoin address from their wallet and then blames BitInstant when they send the coins where they were told to.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:57:45 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2013, 06:19:19 AM by RobbedbyBitinstant

. . . Sounds like your funds were sent to a different address. Did you give him the wrong payment address?
If so, this certainly won't be the first time that someone gives BitInstant the wrong bitcoin address from their wallet and then blames BitInstant when they send the coins where they were told to.

Ok seriously, stop hating in my thread. You didn't even read Yankees post properly.

Yankee clearly states that another user (who I quoted) sent their coins to the wrong address. That sounds like that users mistake and not Bitinstant, if the statement is true. Its also understandable that he's upset by my support and advice, noob buyers happen too.

My numbers WERE CORRECT. That is a fact. So once again, please just leave this thread. You're holding us all back.

This thread is a necessary part of a developed response, even if not every comment in it is mature.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:45:15 AM

More folks with the same problem in support. If you're reading this you should also be scoping out page 28 of the Official Newbie Bitinstant Support Thread.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:06:08 AM

. . . You didn't even read Yankees post properly . . .
I didn't read Yankee's post at all. It would seem to be clear (indicated by the way I included the quote in my post) that I was responding to information provided in this thread by 21after2.  That would be why I started with, If so . . .

. . . My numbers WERE CORRECT. That is a fact . . .
Glad to hear it.

. . . So once again, please just leave this thread . . .
Nah. I'm interested in seeing where this leads.

This thread is a necessary part of a developed response . . .
I doubt it.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:16:10 AM

It's not a forced closing, but many businesses choose to close for the weekend anyways. Especially smaller companies.

Here's my contribution: give BitInstant until at least Monday to respond to your inquiries either in their support thread or through your other contact methods. You can check Yankee's log in details to see if he's been logged in since you made your request: if he's been on and hasn't responded, that could be a problem. You can open a thread in the scam accusations forum once your newbie restrictions are removed if you feel Yankee deserves a scammer tag, which will also give him another opportunity to respond to your claims. And, as Blazr mentioned, you could also take legal action against BitInstant if you feel it's gotten to that point. Is that more helpful?

I'll be willing to bet upto 10BTC that they will resolve this fully in the end, so if you think they scammed you, get in contact with me and we'll discuss the details of the bet.

I'm willing to add a few BTC to this bet as well.

Thats a good suggestion aswell, and inline with the plan of action I've adopted.

I won't place any bets on my predicament, its enough of a headache already. Again, it sucks to be using my time in this manner. I've made the decision though, and I need Bitinstant to realize that I won't rollover.

Odolvlobo,
My accusation is based on my experience and feedback I've received via this, and other forums. On this forum, there are users within the Bitinstant support thread who claim to have outstanding issues that are not being taken care of. A user in particular, claims to be at two months with an unresolved transaction with Bitinstant.

I'm not at the point of compiling that kind of evidence. I'm trying to wind-up in such a way that Bitinstant does have time to respond and to make a decision about how they want to handle this...... although frankly, I think that they've already used a lot of time and hardly deserve the wait. Its a personal decision to publicize my issue but to wait a bit longer before further escalation.
Most unresolved posts stay that way due to user induced errors. The 2 month unresolved guy seems to have provided a wrong Bitcoin address/account, and there is no way Bitinstant could refund him for his own error. I've received many reports like this, for the record. Just wait until regular working hours to get Bitinstant process the orders if there's nothing wrong at your side.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:02:57 AM

Bitinstant took care of me once we got to talking. I'm very sick right now, but I'll cleanup this thread and edit my original post in the next day.

I still don't understand how this error happened, but my coins HAVE been sent.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:29:52 AM

LOL... as part of the team here at BitInstant I can tell you this happens ALL THE TIME Smiley
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:32:38 AM

LOL... as part of the team here at BitInstant I can tell you this happens ALL THE TIME Smiley

That's kind of unfortunate. I may have jumped the gun on calling this thread resolved... block-chain is showing no payment.

I want to like Bitinstant and I want you all to be honest and successful... so I'm going to leave the thread as resolved while we figure this out...

Ugh:(
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:20:05 PM

Bitinstant has claimed to have paid me once again. I even edited this thread to resolved... but it was just another deception. My coins were not sent and I feel very abused.

Bitinstant still has not sent my coins, even after 5 days. Their customer support is taking more than 24hrs to make a single reply and this scam smells worse and worse with every pass.

DO NOT TRUST BITINSTANT.COM. They've stolen from me and will probably do the same to you. Bastards!

I have every intention of legal filing. This is way out of hand!

I will continue to update this thread throughout the process.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:58:35 PM

. . . No really, DannyHamilton, you're presumptuous and rude. GTFO . . .

. . . They've stolen from me and will probably do the same to you. Bastards! . . .
I'm the one who is presumptuous and rude?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:34:37 PM

Bitinstant has claimed to have paid me once again. I even edited this thread to resolved... but it was just another deception. My coins were not sent and I feel very abused.

Bitinstant still has not sent my coins, even after 5 days. Their customer support is taking more than 24hrs to make a single reply and this scam smells worse and worse with every pass.

DO NOT TRUST BITINSTANT.COM. They've stolen from me and will probably do the same to you. Bastards!

Can you address this?

This customer has repeatdly claimed that we stole from him however has not provided any Order ID, proof of an actual order or anything.

This customer personally PM'd me and told me he would email me personally, I have yet to get any email.

I believe this customer is just spamming and spreading FUD.
constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

Ive heard lots of bad stuff from BitInstant, stay away!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

RobbedbyBitinstant,

BitInstant has a significant reputation, you are completely unknown.  You've been throwing around accusations without proof, behaving in a rude and immature manner, and attacking those who question you.

At this point, there is no reason for anyone to take you seriously anymore.  If you want to publicly shame BitInstant (which as far as I can tell is the only reason for this thread), you are going to have to start providing better details.  At a minimum, you'll need to publicly provide the information that BitInstant is requesting (OrderID).  Otherwise, there really isn't any reason for anyone to believe anything you are saying.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:54:28 PM

. . . stay away!
I agree, stay away from Mr. RobbedbyBitinstant.  i would recommend that everyone be wary of engaging in any form of exchange with him.
Jourgensen

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:57:26 PM

They have always fixed me up, either contact the dude on here or on the Bitinstant. It's taken 24 hours before, but it's gotten done.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:00:02 PM

It is worth mentioning that many peers use this service all the time without problems. I doubt they would be "scammers", as they have a profitable and legitimate business model now.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:04:24 PM

Can you address this?

This customer has repeatdly claimed that we stole from him however has not provided any Order ID, proof of an actual order or anything.

This customer personally PM'd me and told me he would email me personally, I have yet to get any email.

I believe this customer is just spamming and spreading FUD.

I'll let you decide. Private message sent.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:06:41 PM

RobbedbyBitinstant,

BitInstant has a significant reputation, you are completely unknown.  You've been throwing around accusations without proof, behaving in a rude and immature manner, and attacking those who question you.

At this point, there is no reason for anyone to take you seriously anymore.  If you want to publicly shame BitInstant (which as far as I can tell is the only reason for this thread), you are going to have to start providing better details.  At a minimum, you'll need to publicly provide the information that BitInstant is requesting (OrderID).  Otherwise, there really isn't any reason for anyone to believe anything you are saying.

You've been detracting from my topic this entire time on some personal agenda for Bitinstant.

I do not need to provide you with any of my personal information, and I'm not inclined to given your poor attitude.

I'm going to have a moderator verify that my complaint is real.

Again, I've been compelled into this position, it was not on my to-do list.

You should leave. You're a prick.
constitution

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:29:13 PM

im watching this thread
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: