Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies Beware! BITINSTANT.COM selective scamming? IGNORED BY SUPPORT! 1/5  (Read 3294 times)
Kryptox

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:32:43 PM

So is your first post correct now?  Now your funds have been marked as fraudulently obtained?  

I still think this will get resolved - they have established a really good reputation, but if you're saying they're selectively defrauding clients, it wouldn't be the first time.  Same thing happened to me on switchpoker.com.  I happened to win a few hundred there and tried to withdraw some of it to Bitcoin and they closed my account claiming fraud.  At least Bitinstant are transparent and if you need to escalate things, you can.  Unlike switchpoker.com.

Sorry to semi-hijack your thread.  Really hope this gets solved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:56:10 PM

You've been detracting from my topic this entire time on some personal agenda for civility and honesty . . .
FTFY.  Wink

. . . I do not need to provide you with any of my personal information, and I'm not inclined to . . .
No you don't need to, but there won't be many people who are going to take your accusations seriously if you can't provide anything support them.

. . . You should leave . .
And go where?  You are welcome to leave if you wish, but I don't have any need to do so.

. . . You're a prick.
You are welcome to your opinion.  I'm sure there may be some people who agree with you.  Personally, I don't see it, but I'll see if there is anything in my personality I can adjust to improve your perception of me.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:07:11 AM

Ok, its conclusion time over here.

My coins were successfully transferred a couple hours ago.

I think that Bitinstant support did a very poor job of accommodating me. I do not think that buyers can expect fast and convenient service. I'm even concerned that Bitinstant is recognizing profits from buyers who don't push for their coins.

I also think that certain members of bitcointalk were less than helpful throughout this process. I like your distinctive personalities though. DannyHamilton, I hope I wasn't too much of a bother with the rude private message I sent you. I'm sure we would be great friends in another life. Please be nicer to the next newbie who is having a hard time here; give better advice and be less hostile.

BITINSTANT: 3/5 - Viable method for getting coins. Slow service, poor communication

I may be back with some research in the future. Thanks for reading guys!
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:14:01 AM

What was the problem? Summarize clearly please.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:20:00 AM

. . . DannyHamilton, I hope I wasn't too much of a bother with the rude private message I sent you. I'm sure we would be great friends in another life . . .
After seeing the content of that message, I can assure you we would not.  I don't keep company with individuals who behave in such a manner.

I am glad to hear however that you believe BitInstant has resolved your issue.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:26:06 AM

I do have to say though, as trolls go, you have been one of the more creative, entertaining, and interesting I've encountered.

It looks like my payment HAS processed though. Finally.

I'm glad that I wasn't robbed for my coins.
Which payment dude? You keep saying you have an order and were robbed. I asked you 15 times for your Order info and you did not give it to me.

You PM'd me saying you will send me an email, well where is it?
I think Bitinstant support is a joke, but the companies integrity is mostly intact through this transaction.

I wish any other buyers the best of luck and encourage you not to get too discouraged as you wait through the excessive delays.
How are we a joke? You don't even have an order with us, you just spammed this thread 10 times.

Unless you produce an Order ID or have an issue, please go away.

Charlie
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:45:29 AM

What was the problem? Summarize clearly please.

Goodcall.

5 days ago I decided to buy BTC through Bitinstant. I made an initial transaction which cleared in an hour. I followed up with an identical transaction two hours later. This second transaction processed through Bitinstant, but was never paid. I received a confirmation email that told me I was paid, and I viewed an order status page that said the same thing, but Bitinstant had not paid me.

I contacted customer support. First through their livechat, where I recieved no response(first few hours). Then through their email, where I recieved no response(24 hours). Then through their emergency phoneline(48 hours), where I again, received no response. Finally, I arrived on bitcointalk where the user Yankee, also known as Charlie from Bitinstant, responded to my post in his thread. This response led to a private message where I got Charlie's email, and a followup emails were replied to once every 24 hrs (which is slow).

It would seem that the result of emailing Charlie was that my query was pushed through to another fellow named Ira, who then got my order back into the lineup. Its entirely possible that emailing Charlie had no effect on my order though, and that processing was actually this incredibly slow.

So, five days after starting my transaction with the Bit-notsoinstant, I finally received my coins. I wasn't given any kind of fee slack, but Bitinstant did honor the price of coins from the day I paid, and that's a significant detail for me since coin prices keep rising.

The explanation for this debacle is that my transaction processed as fraudulent because it was identical to my first transaction which I posted two hours earlier. This doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I don't see any evidence that MoneyGram or ZipZap heldup the processing due to fraud concerns.

So, you want a clear summary and the details are mostly all here. Its hard to say exactly what happened.

If you trust Bitinstant then you'll take their explanation.

I'm still a bit skeptical though. I see a number of other users having similar problems this weekend, and there is no reason that two identical transaction would result in a red-flag for fraudulent activity.

I may get in contact with ZipZap and Moneygram to verify that their companies did not claim fraud, and I may stay on the line wit Bitinstant and prod them about this error some more. If so, I'll update here. In the meantime, I think that Bitinstant is a viable method for getting coins, just expect that you may be right where I am now.

Oh and on a positive note, if you're reading this because you're worried you've been robbed. I encourage you to go through the bullshit support and to not panic. Expect that this could take much longer than you planned for but expect that you will get paid.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:47:59 AM

I gotta side with Yankee on this one: I doubt you ever placed an order with BitInstant at this point.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:51:55 AM

I gotta side with Yankee on this one: I doubt you ever placed an order with BitInstant at this point.

Explain to me why I would be here if I had never placed an order with Bitinstant.

I think you have a personal agenda to support Bitinstant. Are you on the payroll or just kinda hanging off their collective nutsack?
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 01:58:15 AM

Explain to me why I would be here if I had never placed an order with Bitinstant.

I think you have a personal agenda to support Bitinstant. Are you on the payroll or just kinda hanging off their collective nutsack?

What was your order number?
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:04:39 AM

So you're pretty affiliated with Bitinstant if you can check any significant details from my order number. Glad we cleared that up.

Or maybe youre just an asshat and you have no idea why you want my order number but you think I might not have one so you're going to press me for it. Assuage your ego somewhere else loser.
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:11:35 AM

So you're pretty affiliated with Bitinstant if you can check any significant details from my order number. Glad we cleared that up.

Or maybe youre just an asshat and you have no idea why you want my order number but you think I might not have one so you're going to press me for it. Assuage your ego somewhere else loser.

So you're saying you don't have one then?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:17:47 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 03:26:53 AM by DannyHamilton

All trolls are self trolls and your life is a joke

What the fuck is wrong with you? . . . I don't make time to be known be assholes like you . . . you can straight up eat a fucking dick you dirty fucking faggot.

. . . you're presumptuous and rude. GTFO . . .

. . . This is utter bullshit . . . Fuck this . . .

. . . You're a prick.

. . . your customer support is a joke . . . Thats a shitty defensive mechanism . . . you fucking know it . . .

Are you . . . hanging off their collective nutsack?

. . . youre just an asshat . . . Assuage your ego somewhere else loser.

Sometimes I wish the mods would put more effort into banning people who engage in abusive behavior.
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:20:43 AM

Quote from: RobbedbyBitinstant date=1358878440
What the fuck is wrong with you? . . . I don't make time to be known be assholes like you . . . you can straight up eat a fucking dick you dirty fucking faggot.

. . . you're presumptuous and rude. GTFO . . .

. . . This is utter bullshit . . . Fuck this . . .

. . . You're a prick.

. . . your customer support is a joke . . . Thats a shitty defensive mechanism . . . you fucking know it . . .

Are you . . . hanging off their collective nutsack?

. . . youre just an asshat . . . Assuage your ego somewhere else loser.

Sometimes I wish the mods would put more effort into banning people who engage in abusive behavior.

He's only making himself look like a lunatic: why should the mods punish him when he's clearly punishing himself? Wink
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:32:10 AM

I think our moderation can see whats going on here.

This thread was made with honest intentions, but you bastards are getting your kicks from being detractors.

I think its about time for someone to clean this mess up.
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:32:46 AM

Kind of hard for BitInstant to fix an order that doesn't exist.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:34:01 AM

That comment clearly has no application to this thread. Maybe you're not keeping up with the posts though.

Too busy starting a flame war.
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:42:07 AM

That comment clearly has no application to this thread. Maybe you're not keeping up with the posts though.

Too busy starting a flame war.

Actually Charlie is lying.

I am? How?

It looks like my payment HAS processed though. Finally.

I'm glad that I wasn't robbed for my coins.

Which payment dude? You keep saying you have an order and were robbed. I asked you 15 times for your Order info and you did not give it to me.

You PM'd me saying you will send me an email, well where is it?

I think Bitinstant support is a joke, but the companies integrity is mostly intact through this transaction.

I wish any other buyers the best of luck and encourage you not to get too discouraged as you wait through the excessive delays.

How are we a joke? You don't even have an order with us, you just spammed this thread 10 times.

Unless you produce an Order ID or have an issue, please go away.

Charlie

I think the application is in there somewhere. You can look through it if you like.
RobbedbyBitinstant (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:47:32 AM

I think youre abusing the quotes to portray the situation as would have it, to support your deluded fantasy.

I'm really surprised that moderation isn't cleaning up your bullshit. They're probably busy tonight.

You're not just hurting yourself with this nonsense, youre hurting everyone who wants the information this topic was created to share.
21after2

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 02:49:06 AM

No, I think the quotes speak for themselves. As do you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: