Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why CIYAM is simply "not understood" (hint - this was on purpose)  (Read 379 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 03:45:38 PM

The CIYAM project has got a lot of criticism about being extremely hard to understand and I'd like to explain exactly why this is.

Initially the project was a closed source one originating from Australia (where I grew up) but once I moved to China in late 2006 I decided that due to the problems of enforcing copyright in China (i.e. no chance) that I would need to make the software "hard to understand" (a sort of security by obscurity approach).

So when I created the initial open source version of CIYAM it inherited years of such development that I had worked on in China (around 6 years).

I no longer actually support the ideas of patent and copyright so I actually don't care too much now about that - what I worked out how to do was to just make a software system so difficult to understand that those things are irrelevant (no-one has even bothered to try and fork my project and modify it).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:11:51 PM

I no longer actually support the ideas of patent and copyright so I actually don't care too much
We are happy to hear these news here. Of course this it the right place to tell everybody. Go on!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: