Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DualMiner DM384M Pre-order Legit?
Yes. On Time. - 1 (9.1%)
Yes. Late by Months - 1 (9.1%)
No. Will never arrive. - 0 (0%)
No Clue. Won't Pre-Order. - 7 (63.6%)
Moot. Too Expensive/Slow. - 2 (18.2%)
No. Viewpoint. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW Home X11 Dash Miner for Sale DualMiner DM384M Legit or Not?  (Read 1602 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:15:24 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 08:33:38 AM by Searing

Well is this frigging legit or not. Likely not. Just tossing it out here for the community to weigh in on.

Just in case it is legit? Anyone on here got any other links/info besides this sales thread?

Anyway I've NO IDEA IF THEY ARE LEGIT OR NOT ....Just asking in this thread folks Smiley

here is the link of the info I have so far.

http://www.dualminer.com/

http://www.dualminer.com/iBeLink-DM384M-Dash-Miner_p_36.html

added: http://cryptomining-blog.com/category/mining-hardware/

Take the poll. Add to info on the thread. Let the research begin Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:16:05 AM

isn't it an X11 miner, not Scrypt?

It's supposed to be the first DASH asic, but it's still in preorder (at least, it was yesterday)... I wouldn't preorder any asic, so i don't know if it's legit either

EDIT: it's supposedly in stock, there were a couple of threads discussing it.... Maybe somebody will buy one pretty soon?
BUT, the calculation shows that it has a 170+ days ROI at current diff and current price (that's the diff BEFORE an asic hit the market, so it's bound to rise pretty steep very soon), so beware!!!
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:20:33 AM

isn't it an X11 miner, not Scrypt?

It's supposed to be the first DASH asic, but it's still in preorder (at least, it was yesterday)... I wouldn't preorder any asic, so i don't know if it's legit either

EDIT: it's supposedly in stock, there were a couple of threads discussing it.... Maybe somebody will buy one pretty soon?
BUT, the calculation shows that it has a 170+ days ROI at current diff and current price (that's the diff BEFORE an asic hit the market, so it's bound to rise pretty steep very soon), so beware!!!

corrected the Title

So this ONLY does x11 or does it do scrypt too (runs back to read blurb)

yeah pre-orders eck!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:25:10 AM

corrected the Title

yeah pre-orders eck!

I have read the other threads rather closely, but couldn't find anything about dual mining (exept the domain name of the seller).

The miner was pre-order, but, apparently, from today it's in stock  Grin

EDIT: I won't buy one myself, but i would defenatly use a reversible payment method for my first purchase (PP), that way you can at least claim your money back if the hardware doesn't work, or doesn't arrive
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:44:30 AM

Its legit but its overpriced and very slow.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:46:10 AM

corrected the Title

yeah pre-orders eck!

I have read the other threads rather closely, but couldn't find anything about dual mining (exept the domain name of the seller).

The miner was pre-order, but, apparently, from today it's in stock  Grin

EDIT: I won't buy one myself, but i would defenatly use a reversible payment method for my first purchase (PP), that way you can at least claim your money back if the hardware doesn't work, or doesn't arrive

just found this and added it to my 1st post

http://cryptomining-blog.com/category/mining-hardware/

but hell as a pre-order they could even have a few and it could still end up being a 'scam' like bfl/alpha/flowertech /etc etc etc

Sad thing is I'm still making money as a 'home miner' LTC my CPA lady said I need to buy some equip to show some  more 'legitness' to IRS next year (equip deductions/revenue)
that or sell some LTC/BTC I've been holding.....I had to file as a biz my former bank in 2013 made a bank error sic'd SEC on me and so being a biz 10 days after the 2013 IRS guidelines came out was prudent indeed...all resolved when error pointed out and my newly legit biz cred was established (whew!)

but I got a refund from BFL thru LUCK (1 year 20 days late). Got a refund from Alpha Tech on 30% down (due to Amex going all Rabid on them lol ) Smiley

Got a pre-order from KNC promptly in 2013 ...late as hell on a Titan in 2014...way late 5 months

my luck on pre-orders has pretty much run out imho ....odds are still on this 2 out of 3 being a bfl/alpha/flowertech  wet dream ..just saying

even if they are 'legit' like KNC was...once they have your $$$ the need for speed is gone! (or like knc they use your neptune pre-order $$$ ..I really feel sorry for those guys
and buid a data hall first ..run it for 4 months then ship your machines last Sad

ROI as stated don't look that good either ..even with my 25% off equip deductions (biz) of which I can get 12.5% first year reaming next 4 years should I push the crypto biz that long

why can't they build some of these down the street so a guy could check them out Sad

what would be considered fast? I also can't tell if they are dual mining BTC/x11 or LTC/x11 or hell it is just the dualminer brand name and only x11

details I don't do x11 just looking at this from a 'new equip' point of view

will change the poll also on this info

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 09:25:20 AM

Seem a bit faster than a GPU rig, for 1/3rd the electricity consumption, for several time the price of the GPU rig. Not sure if its worth it. I guess more research and math need to be done when i get the time.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:45:19 AM

well guess i had this thread in the wrg place ..it was moved...

I get like about  5-6  months at current dash price to get your $$$ back using calculators at

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dash-mining-calculator/?h=350000.00&p=715.00&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=3205.73190511&r=1.94005104&er=0.00952830&btcer=428.35910000&hc=0.00

They say (not sure who they are) after March 1st shipping...but we've heard that before on pre-orders.

Also an X11 ASIC miner could really really flood/dork/kill x11 coins like Titans killed Scrypt N coins ....just saying Smiley

those with more expertise chime in here

Arnoldent

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 12:27:10 PM

In your calculation, how much difficulty rise do you put in? I do not see the option in the website.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:36:53 PM

I don't know if this is possible, but since x11 is just a combination of different hashing algos. I would like to see an x11 ASIC that can hash the individual algos or combinations of them. It would allow for more flexibility mining alts that use one or more of the 11 algos.

Also the price is too high and the unit is too slow.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:40:36 AM

It's entirely possible - but at this point it's either in pre-order status, or it's announced vaporware.

It's X11, per the announcement - NOT Scrypt. The company has other gear they sell that does Scrypt based on the old Gridseed GC3355 chip.

The price seems a bit on the high side, and the legitimacy at this point is unproven.

Cleverhash announed they were working on an X11 (and X13/X15 IIRC) chip quite a while back, but then apparently couldn't raise the funding to complete the work. There's nothing inherent to ANY POW type protocal that makes it impossible to create an ASIC for the protocal, the question is ECONOMIC viability = can a company SELL enough such chips for enough to pay for developing the things?
 If they start at 55nm, it seems much more viable for anything other than SHA256 or Scrypt (where the competition is already well past that stage), as development costs for an older process node like that are a LOT lower.....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
mikewillda

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

CTO/Spokesman

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:58:13 PM

well guess i had this thread in the wrg place ..it was moved...

I get like about  5-6  months at current dash price to get your $$$ back using calculators at

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dash-mining-calculator/?h=350000.00&p=715.00&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=3205.73190511&r=1.94005104&er=0.00952830&btcer=428.35910000&hc=0.00

They say (not sure who they are) after March 1st shipping...but we've heard that before on pre-orders.

Also an X11 ASIC miner could really really flood/dork/kill x11 coins like Titans killed Scrypt N coins ....just saying Smiley

those with more expertise chime in here

That is my main concern. If the difficulty rise fast and Dash does not increase in price, there is no ROI.

Never invest more than you can afford to loose.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:02:53 PM

Well can't seem to 'quote' on this thread anymore since they moved it Smiley alas ..

I just got on the dualminer site. They said they were gonna sell a first run of 50 units via that site. I put in numbers. It will take 30 yet to buy after that nada....
so that means 20 have sold I guess....assuming the 'old' shopping cart trick above still works Smiley

Got an email from them. They claim that they will start shipping around March 1st. (no year specified lol but anyway if legit that is the date this year)

So....we will see....too rich for my blood thou

Hadmart

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:51:24 PM

Well can't seem to 'quote' on this thread anymore since they moved it Smiley alas ..

I just got on the dualminer site. They said they were gonna sell a first run of 50 units via that site. I put in numbers. It will take 30 yet to buy after that nada....
so that means 20 have sold I guess....assuming the 'old' shopping cart trick above still works Smiley

Got an email from them. They claim that they will start shipping around March 1st. (no year specified lol but anyway if legit that is the date this year)

So....we will see....too rich for my blood thou

I can quote your post.

I think it is quite possible the company has tested the miner for long time. We have no profit if we buy it now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: