Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidsafe coin price rocket?  (Read 9527 times)
ibrahim11 (OP)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:09:06 PM

Hi, I bought about 2000 maidsafe coins a week ago and now if I sell I will make 0.11 btc profit Cheesy I could have invested more btc into it but there's no point in regrets. The price of MAID seems to keep going up. Will it keep going up or go down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:35:23 PM

Hi, I bought about 2000 maidsafe coins a week ago and now if I sell I will make 0.11 btc profit Cheesy I could have invested more btc into it but there's no point in regrets. The price of MAID seems to keep going up. Will it keep going up or go down?

Altcoin scene is pretty much like space travel: what goes up will come back down sooner or later Smiley. MAID is now on an up-trend because of the impending launch. We'll see how that's panning out and how long this momentum will last.
Mento
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

I ♥ BitcoinTalk

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:05:41 PM

Altcoin scene is pretty much like space travel: what goes up will come back down sooner or later Smiley. MAID is now on an up-trend because of the impending launch. We'll see how that's panning out and how long this momentum will last.

I had more than 20,000 MAID and lost a lot in the fall of prices in the last weekend.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:12:53 PM

Don't wait till the price goes down after days or maybe a week. you'll have more wasted opportunities to regret when that happens.

is it just coincident or you really planed to buy maidsafe coz you foreseen the price will rise?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:41:41 AM

I'd check out Emercoin [EMC].  Same space as Maidsafe.  Better value, already accepted into Azure Network. 

Just got released on Shapeshift today.
  Maidsafe is played out, and I honestly don't think it is going to be THE toptier in its limited space.  And IOTA is way to hypy.  Anyway... worth looking at Emercoin.  I was buying more Ether and I saw it on Shapeshift (it had take over the traditional slot Ether was in) and I've been holding off till it had a decent exchange before getting in.  Anyway.... I think you'll see this one move.  I've put my money where my mouth is.  I'm apportioning about 5% of total portfolio to this one.  This is in addition to Ethereum, XRP & Bitcoin.  Emercoin is the only "2nd Tier-Altcoin" as I call them, that I own.

I suggest the Emercoin Wallet/Node < http://emercoin.com/#download >.  I like it.  Simple, straightforward.  Relatively short Sync Time.  https://coinwallet.co/ is also another online wallet if you want to skip the whole node thing.

http://emercoin.com/community
Above has the basic info, exchanges, mining info, tech details, etc.

The primary news is that its partnered with Microsoft in the Azure Baas Cloud, and has joined Crypto's OpenLedger project. 

So heads up for what it is worth.   I could be wrong.  You are responsible for your own due diligence.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 03:13:49 AM

AFAICT Maid isn't even a solution in search of a problem.

They spend 10 years working on a vision of a roadmap towards a potential solution, which would still need a problem to solve, assuming it passes peer review and beta testing.

I'd invest in Maid, if and only if they could develop in more reasonable timeframes, and we didn't already have Tahoe-LAFS, TOR, i2p, Freenet, and new solutions like Zeronet.io, SIA, and Storj.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:14:15 AM

AFAICT Maid isn't even a solution in search of a problem.

They spend 10 years working on a vision of a roadmap towards a potential solution, which would still need a problem to solve, assuming it passes peer review and beta testing.

I'd invest in Maid, if and only if they could develop in more reasonable timeframes, and we didn't already have Tahoe-LAFS, TOR, i2p, Freenet, and new solutions like Zeronet.io, SIA, and Storj.

THIS

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:13:27 AM

So now, after the lauch, what has been released? Any new technology? Some of the experts been tinkering on it and can introduce to us what new stuff has materialized?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:47:53 AM

So now, after the lauch, what has been released? Any new technology? Some of the experts been tinkering on it and can introduce to us what new stuff has materialized?

Crickets.

*chirp*
*chirp*
*chirp*

Maid isn't even an altcoin.  There is no blockchain, and how double-spending prevention and privacy are assured is not clear.

All Maid has done is make a pay-to-play pre-alpha prototype version of TOR/i2p/Freenet, which actively discourages content being uploaded/shared.

Dropbox and Mega do a better job right now, and SIA/Storj will do a better job in the future.

Maid is a Nothingburger with extra Null Sauce and a side of zero carb Void Fries.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kaak4007

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:04:57 PM

Crickets.

*chirp*
*chirp*
*chirp*

Maid isn't even an altcoin.  There is no blockchain, and how double-spending prevention and privacy are assured is not clear.

All Maid has done is make a pay-to-play pre-alpha prototype version of TOR/i2p/Freenet, which actively discourages content being uploaded/shared.

Dropbox and Mega do a better job right now, and SIA/Storj will do a better job in the future.

Maid is a Nothingburger with extra Null Sauce and a side of zero carb Void Fries.   Cheesy
Does this coin still has any value now for to invest ?
Arambol

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:42:38 PM

maidsafe is slow coin but worth investing imo
rogueknight

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:57:02 PM

Although they've been around longer than most alt coins, the rise of new coins definitely stole their shine. Their price has been following bitcoins movement as of late as well.
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:07:19 AM

Overall, the coin looks promising,
it may grow bigger.
You may have more benefits probably.

Will it drop?
I dont know,
there is a chance o drop within near days,... but still I dont know.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:26:46 PM

Crickets.

*chirp*
*chirp*
*chirp*

Maid isn't even an altcoin.  There is no blockchain, and how double-spending prevention and privacy are assured is not clear.

Maid is a Nothingburger with extra Null Sauce and a side of zero carb Void Fries.   Cheesy
Does this coin still has any value now for to invest ?
I would put money in Maidsafe when the price of it gets low enough to get that feeling to where I wouldn’t lose a bunch of money on it. The price is usually going up and down yet with a bunch of people holding a large amount of coins the price could get manipulated if they all dump at one time. If you like the coin then I would put money into it, if you have to ask then no.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 07:32:49 PM

Maid is one of the most incredible projects out there but it's true it looks far away from feasible.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:23:28 PM

Maid is one of the most incredible projects out there but it's true it looks far away from feasible.

But nowadays there is a competition. If they would do it 5 years ago would be really something. But it seems will not do it in next 5 years.  Until then they will few times run out of money to pay salaries and will just issue more coins and make few new ICOs.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:52:28 AM

They just take too long to update their stuff. I mean they like to posts blogs and whatnot though they need to actually release something that will bring the old investors interest so they would put more money into the coin so the price could get higher.

Maid is a very neat project, I’ve invested money into it before so I am only writing about what I’ve experienced with it. If you put money into Maidsafe, be prepared to have that coin for a while.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:10:39 AM

Sell off what you have and take your profit. Then, when the price dips down a little bit, buy back in and have an even better position. It'll drop a bit before it goes up even more and even if it doesn't, you've made a decent profit already regardless of what it does.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: